main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediFreac, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm really tired of Sith/Jedi plots. It's getting old and boring.
    I'd love to see a new side of Zekk.

I have to admit, I've never read YJK so reading about him as a Bounty Hunter or a Pilot would be nice.
    But as said, the best they could do would explain a little bit more about his past. At least I think so.

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I agree with you on this. I'd like to see some smaller, less-apocalyptic storylines. Also, after Zekk's dark side relapse in Fury, I don't think it would be out of character for him to pull away from the Force--or at least his role as a Jedi--for awhile, especially since he's just watched Jacen go all dark and psycho.

3. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I agree. I guess we'll have to sit back, hope, and find out.

4. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I recommend it, but be warned. Zekk's a bit different in the YJK.

I don't want Zekk to be Dark or evil... so they'll turn him Sith or something. :p

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I think I would totally dig something with Zekk and one of those Hapan twins pairings

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

Can you even imagine what just went through my mind when I read this? [face_laugh] Because my brain was too slow -- all I saw was Zekk and twins. :p

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    That Taryn chick was really digging him. And she wasn't shy, and she really kind of reminded me of Mara Jade... :cool:

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    The Hapan twins -- were they in Invincible? I have to wait until December before I can read the book. I don't feel like spending 25 Euros for a book so I'm waiting on the paperback.

9. Grand_Admiral_Sean8

Grand_Admiral_Sean8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2007
    Well, I'm back. Every time I promise to visit this site more regularly, I get caught up in Real Life. But blast if I didn't miss the community on this site! Thanks for making a n00b feel welcome, everyone.

Who isn't? :rolleyes: But since Cunningham claims to be a Y.J.K. fan, her depiction of Zekk may be more similar to his original personality.

DON'T. EVEN. JOKE. ABOUT. THAT.

Seriously, Striker, now you've jinxed it! [face_shame_on_you]

10. DocRevan

DocRevan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2008
    Hey, I posted this over on the Lit. board, thought I'd share it with some Zekk fans too. Just my prediction for what's in store for our man the Zekker.

Since Blood Oath is being released between Outcast and Enigma, this might be the tale of Zekk's way home, about him being lost in space and struggling to get back to his friends, leading up to him showing up in Enigma when he'll become part of the main FotJ-storyline.

Just sort of filling in the blanks, and possibly introducing a new threat.

I can already see it, Zekk returning after a long and agonizing journey, the thought of Jaina the only thing that has kept him going, only to find that Jag has gone to town on her in his absence.

Poor Zekk.

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I think if anything it might be the thought of the hot Hapan chick that kept him going. He was actually digging on her a little bit. [face_mischief] But then who wouldn't? She's Hapan. :p I doubt we'll see anything too concrete on any Jag/Jaina action until the end of that series if it's going to happen. They're not going to do anything too early for Jaina/Jag fans, if they do anything for them, it'll be after they've kept them hanging on for at least a few books. But they might throw some tidbits in, at least. Look at how long it took Luke and Mara to get together... and then they went from wedding to 5 years post wedding with a terminally ill Mara.

12. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    It's true that NJO Zekk is different than YJK Zekk. He has characterization. [face_mischief]

I am actually as interested in this as in almost anything else in the contract, which is funny, because while I've always liked Zekk, I've never been a huge fan - but the whole contract looks pretty good to me, especially the standalones.

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Aside from Kyp, Zekk has been the only one to tell Jaina to get over herself. And that alone makes me like him. But you're right, YJK Zekk wasn't really fleshed out. I really came to like him in LOTF, and I didn't like much there. I'm glad we'll find out what happened to him. If I remember correctly, he just disappeared, even in the Force.

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Them's fighting words. ;)

Zekk had characterization in the YJK. He was his own man, with something to prove. Not some lapdog to Jaina who finished to the man with negative personality.

And sorry, Sean8. I'll try not to warp the space/time continuum again.

15. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I have to disagree.

In YJK, Zekk had very real teenage angst, motivations, emotions. What's more, is that it all ties together- his motivations, beliefs, etc. and his backstory, experiences, etc. go full circle. His life as a orphaned child almost forced into an orphanage and an undeducated street kid always pushed to the side left him cautious of authority figures, and as though he weren't worthy enough to be Jacen and Jaina's, the twin children of the New Republic's Chief of State, friend, which contributed to his dark side experience and then those experiences contributed to the formation of his character even later on, and so on down the line.

As Striker said above, Zekk was very much his own man, albeit with some problems. But that's where the characterization develops from.

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Somehow I missed out when they announced this book being about Zekk. I'm excited though. I've always thought there should be more to his character than being Jaina's pet. So this is a wonderful, fresh idea and I'm hoping it works out to be an entertaining story.

17. chaotic-force

chaotic-force Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    So this is an exciting time to be a Zekk fan, in April we will not only have a novel starring Zekk, but have him placed prominantly on the cover. It is the first time since Darkest Knight that we have had a real clear image of Zekk, and the first time since the NJO.

That being said, I'm not sure if I can wait until April for Blood Oath, so I am forced to spend time with idle speculation about what has happened to Zekk since Invinceable. Here are the options that I have come up with.

A) Is taking a very long vaction with Tenel Ka's cousin
    B) Abducted by the Sith meditation sphere
    C) Crash landed on an alien world, has lost either an arm, a leg, or one of each.
    D) Has been brainwashed by a Sith group and is so evil that he makes everyone think of Jacen fondly again.

So what do you guys think? I want so much for him to have taken option A, but most likely it is some combination of the other three. Anyone else have any funny options for our boy?

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Good lord I hope he didn't lose a limb. That is one of the biggest cliches in SW... it was big in ESB and ROTJ, but overused and it becomes trite and expected.

Oh, wait. It did become trite and expected.

19. Master_Drock

Master_Drock Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2008
    I'm a little glad they are coming out with a Zekk central story, as long as they don?t turn him evil. Even if they didn?t always portray him that great he has been one of my more favorite post RotJ characters. I'd also like to see him hook up with somebody else and get away from Jaina just so he could get to better define himself.

20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    He's already done the evil thing. That would be redundant to have him do that again. I'd like to see him grow up and not need Jaina. He had all these skills from when he was a street kid and they completely forgot those. I'd like those to come back and be added to the Jedi he's grown into.

21. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I could not agree more.

The thing about Zekk's being Jaina's 'tag-along' that blows my mind is Zekk's independence was one of his defining characteristics. Without that Zekk is a wholly different character. We've seen some of it, but it has been obvious in a lot of places, if there at all. I hope that self reliance, independence, and hard won survivor can be brought back in, and perhaps reconciled with the Zekk we've been seeing.

22. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah, the irony is that (IMO anyway) Zekk was so self-reliant in the YJK -- to the point where it was actually a character flaw at times, because he often felt like he had to deal with things on his own.

23. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I consider him a good friend of Ben which is great. :)

24. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Zekk book delayed?!?! WHYYYY

25. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Pretty much because the universe hates him. That's my mature and informed view of the matter, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.