People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediFreac, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Master

star 7
    Any reason given?

My uninformed opinion is it's because he's a YJK character. Del Rey loves kriffing over the YJKers. ;)
  2. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol One has to wonder. Poor Zekk. Only he could get his own book and still have such bad luck.
  3. ZekksGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    I know we haven't had much luck with this before, but elections are going on in the EU Senate now, so I figure its worth mentioning if anyone's interested in becoming a Senator for this thread.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
  5. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Master

star 7
    Thanks, Jello. *Looks at cover* That cover is made of fail. That's not Zekk!
  6. Lady Belligerent Grand Inquisitor of the EUC

Game Host
    star 7
    They made the twins look hot, too bad they didn't do the same for Zekk.:rolleyes:
  7. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Master

star 7
    Yeah. Zekk should not be wearing Qui-Gon robes! That's not his face, his stance... for the love of criminey! :mad: [face_skull]
  8. Lady Belligerent Grand Inquisitor of the EUC

Game Host
    star 7
    Yes! That's exactly what it looks like, he's got Qui-Gon's hand-me-downs.[face_plain]
  9. jedi_of_ennth Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I think he's pretty damn sexy.
  10. Black-Dog Jedi Knight

star 4
  11. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a few reservations, but I still think the cover looks pretty good. :D
  12. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Master

star 7
    No... the face isn't even Zekk's. the clothes are wrong. Those stupid Hapan twins... and a pirate captain... if it's not Anja, then we have critcal mass failure right off the bat. And since it's Del Rey... we've got two strikes already.
  13. jedi_of_ennth Jedi Master

star 4
    ... whose face is it, if I may ask? And what should Zekk's face look like? I think this is definitely an improvement over his constipated scowl on Jedi Bounty and his apathetic Kermit the Frog look on The Emperor's Plague.
  14. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
  15. Ceillean Jedi Master

star 5
    Wow. Zekk's lookin' fine. :D =P~

And that one twin looks a lot like Milla Jovovich during "The Fifth Element".
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Master

star 7
    It's not Zekk's face, that's for sure. And yes, I would prefer the YJK pictures of him. At least they're not wearing genero Jedi robes from the prequel era!
  17. ZekksGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, at first glance I was highly disappointed with the cover.

Still, it's not how I've pictured Zekk at all, and I feel that he looks too old, but I have to remind myself he's heading into his late thirties/forties or whatever, and although it's not from my imagination, it is a sufficiently handsome face.

In all honesty, I'm a little more disappointed with the plot description- I guess I was hoping to get some more goods on what Zekk will be up to. [face_devil] Guess I'll have to actually wait for the book.

But who is this pirate girl? I'm not so sure how I feel about her...
  18. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I think it's sufficient. I've seen better looks (Anakin Solo), but I've seen much worse (most Jacen pics).

Well, the book isn't coming out until late this year or early next year, so this is just a very very brief rundown on what to expect.
  19. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The problem with the Zekk cover (and I already said this at the Kyp page) is that he looks like how I might imagine 48 year old Kyp to look. I think Zekk is 34 for this story. His mouth is down turned in a way that is common on Earth when one hits their 40's and gravity takes control. He should look younger. Does he look hot, I think so. Does his wardrobe look like Old Republic....YES! Do the artists think the consumer is too stupid to not recognize SW if there is an updated Jedi apparel: YES! Do people in 2009 dress the same way as they did in 1907? Do military or religious uniforms look the same? No, no , no! There's just no common sense sometimes.

Will I read this book? OH YEH! I can't wait! :D I love Zekk, no matter how old or out of fashion he is.
  20. ZekksGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Heh heh. The mention of Zekk being out of fashion reminds me of that fateful dinner during The Lost Ones. :) [/randomcommentary]
  21. KissMeImARebel Jedi Master

star 5
    The cover looks like it's from a Romance novel. But at least it looks like some effort (if not creativity) went into it.

The plot sounds vague and kinda meh, but nothing that seems egregious.
  22. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL, whether we like the cover or not, we should be happy Zekk actually got a cover. :D

When the book was announced I couldn't believe it, even after seeing the cover I still almost don't. Also, the book is coming out on my birthday, so hopefully it will be good. Hehe~
  23. Ceillean Jedi Master

star 5

Hello everyone. :)

So -- my humble self has been elected to the EUC Minister of Public Affairs.
    I'm going through various threads right now, wanting to know if certain FanClubs would like to join the Senate.

So my question to the Zekk fans around here: are you interested?

If so, just let me know.

Thanks for your time!

[face_peace]

Ceillean @};-

24. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    I actually really like the cover of Zekk. Being a guy, it's hard to say, but Zekk certainly seems a better representation of manliness than the women of womanliness, IMO.

As for the robes - uh, given that they've worn variations on the same thing for 25,000 years, why is it weird that they still would be 100 years later? The Jedi have worn some variation on the same kinds of robes for 250 times that long. It seems perfectly logical to me.

And while I wouldn't mind seeing new garb and attire - quite the contrary - I don't mind seeing Jedi robes, either.

I like the plot summary, as well. Looks like a very good shot at some very good Zekk action. :)
  25. RK_Striker_JK_5 Jedi Master

star 7
    Because it's a prequel-era robe, keralys. And I don't recall many TOTJ/KOTOR Jedi wearing those robes. Luke's Order is about moving forward into the future, not falling back on the mistakes of the past... until recently. [face_plain]
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.