People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediFreac, Apr 5, 2003.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think the cover is bad at all. Sure, it wasn't exactly in line with my conceptions, but it is well within tolerances. I'm groovy there.

The plot summary doesn't seem bad either, but it alone is not enough to make me break my habit of reading no books that take place after Vector Prime. This pirate has love interest written all over her, but that could be alright I suppose. At the very least it would be far better than the worst of my fears.

I'll keep my eye on the coalition and see what others think of it. If it gets positive reviews I could be moved to spending my cash.
  2. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    The Jedi have always worn robes along those lines.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/5/5e/Exilefemale2.jpg/314px-Exilefemale2.jpg]
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/9/93/GeneralSkywalker.JPG/600px-GeneralSkywalker.JPG]
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/2/25/Legacy7_Broken6_Art.jpg/390px-Legacy7_Broken6_Art.jpg]

That's why it doesn't bother me. :)

I definitely think moving into the future is good. I rather liked the combat suits of the NJO. But I also don't have a problem with straight Jedi robes. Particularly on someone like Zekk, who's about as straightlaced and traditional a Jedi as they come. (That's a good thing, in my book; I like that about the character). :)
  3. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    That's all from post-Prequel stuff, though. Where the Prequel stuff is being inserted like mad. And you know what? I hate it. I really, really hate it.

You know, I remember reading about Ben's 'Jedi robes' in ANH. That's the kind of stuff you'd wear in a desert anyway! It's been pretty much retconned into standard Jedi wear when he was simply dressing for the climate!
  4. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, watching the OT EVERYONE dresses in robes, especially on Tatooine. It was standard garb, not Jedi-wear.
  5. Master_Keralys Sometime Technical Aide and Erstwhile Lit Mod

Manager
    star 5
    That's a fair enough point of disagreement. :) IU, which is where most of my reasoning takes place, it makes sense... so it doesn't bother me. But I see where you're coming from.
  6. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
  7. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    To be fair, Yoda wore the same cut of robe in the swamp Kenobi did in the dessert, so the robes being standard Jedi ware was an open possibility. Not what I would have gone with, I had rather hoped Luke's RotJ outfit was the old standard and his way of declaring that he was returning to the Jedi ways, but I wasn't consulted. However, I'm more interested in the substance than the style so I'll ride along if that's where they want to go with Jedi fashion.
    It's when folks start in on no Dark Side that my dander gets up.
    ;)
  8. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Good point, but when the substance and style stink worse than ronto droppings...
  9. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    I finally remembered who the cover Zekk looks like: Dermot Mulroney. Just google the guy for a picture. And Dermot is 45, so I rest my case. Cover Zekk looks older.

Still, lovin' the fact he #1 got a book #2 got a cover #3 isn't emo teen on the cover [cough: Betrayal] #4. Is presumably alive! [face_dancing]
  10. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed! I knew he looked familiar.
  11. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    hmm, I suppose with a smattering of your standard romance novel cover model.

[face_thinking] If Mulroney and Fabio had a kid ... oh wait.
  12. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I am a newbie and I like Zekk. People give him a bad rap but he had tough beginnings and has had to fight for what he has. I have not read into the LOTF yet, but I did read the Dark Nest Trilogy and loved how he protected Jaina from the Dark Ambrosia because of his past experiences. People wnat to see Jaina and Jag together and that is fine But I like Zekk whether he is with Jaina or not.

Okay, nighty night :)

~Kim
  13. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Who is Durmot Mulroney?

Welcome, Jaden.
  14. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Thanks! :) Glad to be here :D
  15. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    Google knows all.

edit: except how to spell googol.
  16. JediFreac Force Ghost

star 4
    Man, I'm just going to come out and say it.

They gave Zekk a CRAGGY OLD MAN FACE.

(He's supposed to be purty! And in my mind, he will always be!)
  17. JesterDalaDasey Jedi Padawan

Word. He never had a face like that in any other of his official pictures. He was a'pposed to be pretty! Why the face transplant now? Are they trying to turn up the noses of the last handful of people who still like Zekk?

-sigh-
    /cover complaints

Still, looking forward to the mere fact that Zekk has a book of his own.
  18. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, it could be worse. At least he's not butt ugly. And his hair is all right -- I like the shaggy long look.
  19. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Shaggy long look good. That is how I like Anakin Skywalker, too. :)

I am a sucker for guys with long hair. Besides, Zekk just seems to be the type of guy who should have longer hair. Don't know why. He seems to be kind of a free spirit, I suppose. I do not know all too much about Zekk, except for what I read in the YJK books and in the Dark Nest books (haven't gotten past the first few NJO books...bleh...but I am reading them) but I like him and how he was protective of Jaina in the Swarm Wars. Maybe I will not get screamed at here if I say that I would prefer Jaina be with Zekk than Jag. At least Zekk is not an Imp. (Do I need to duck? Is anyone going to through tomatoes or anything else at me for saying that? LOL!)

I do not kate Jag nor do I think Jaina has to be with Zekk, BTW. I just do not like the fact that Jaina is with an Imp like Jag. It seems almost like blasphemy. At least Mara had denounced the Empire before she married Luke!
  20. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    Me too! Anakin definately had great hair in RotS.

You're not missing much Zekk-goodness in the NJO, believe me. He's pretty much brushed to the side to make room for Jag.
  21. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Don't get me started on Jag. *Kim rolls eyes.* Jaina goes for an Imp? Hello, Coruscant to Jaina, the Imps almost killed your parents several times!!!! If he ain't willing to give up the kriffin' Empire for you, he ain't worth it! (And I am not sugesting Jaina belongs with Zekk, either, it is just an aversion I have to Imps, and hence, Jag).
  22. JesterDalaDasey Jedi Padawan

It's how I always pictured Zekk, the long hair tied back behind him. Although, I do find it strange that he would have kept that style from his pre-teen years until now, years and years later. Could you imagine anyone walking around now with hair they had 20 years before?
  23. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    *Jaden sheepishly raises hand.*

I would post pics of me but, you get the idea. LOL! Though it changed a little bit in between.
  24. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Hey, JediSmurf. *Waves* :)

I don't mind him keeping the ponytail, either. But said it before and I'll say it again. That picture of him sucks. Prequel robes with a butt-ugly mug. [face_sick]
  25. JesterDalaDasey Jedi Padawan

-nods- Zekk just looks like an old man. And it hurts to look at this cover.

Maybe he could get a little Botox before his next photoshoot?
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth