People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediFreac, Apr 5, 2003.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The cover is not all that bad. But he does look older than he should be, methinks. And not quite like I imagine him.
  2. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As a big fan of Zekk and a big Z/J shipper, I've come to the bitter and hard decision that....

Jaina will have to go with Jagged. :( Not saying I like it, but obviously, it's gonna happen. But here's my theory.....on what should happen. Fine, grr...Jag gets Jaina.

But before that is official, Jaina and Zekk have one last time together, a fling if you will. Jaina becomes pregnant with his child, boy or girl, and keeps it hidden for a while. Maybe even disguises it as Jag's kid when it finally becomes evident. A good story I think to fit the continuing timeline of the SW Galaxy.

So there.

...*sigh*
  3. JediFreac Force Ghost

star 4
    NOOOO MAH ZEKK BOOK. DO NOT CANCEL IT PLZ. WAAAAAH =(
  4. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Of course, Zekk has to get screwed over. His life's been too nice. His standalone can't get published-he's been too overexposed!

For the love of Primus... [face_tired]
  5. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    Much as wanted to read a Zekk book...let's be honest. Cunningham wrote Dark Journey, which was 1) Not by any means one of the better NJO books, and 2) Had bad Zekk characterization.
  6. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, he hasn't done anything as stupid as ban marriage or breed a clone army with an order to kill the Jedi?for now

I actually like the cover, but yeah, he does look a litlte bit old.
  7. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Wait... wasn't it the Sith who bred the Clone Army? :confused: Sorry, not too up on my prequel-era knowledge. I'll admit I could be wrong in that regard.
  8. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    No, Sifo-Dyas actually did.
  9. JediFreac Force Ghost

star 4
    I kind of liked Cunningham's warped take on Hapan political intrigue and swarmy romance. And I was kind of into her characterization of Zekk, too. At least there was depth to it, compared to Denning's stuff...eek.
  10. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    I got the impression Dooku ordered the clone army, posing as Sifo-Dyas...

So I can't find any news. Is the Zekk book well-and-truly-dead, or just pining for the fjords?
  11. Apophis Jedi Master

star 4
    Isn't it just moved to another date?

I really didn't like Zekk in New Jedi Order and Swam War, just because of his obsession with Jaina, but since he got more or less over her in Legacy of the Force, I'm starting to like him ...

He certainly has the potential to be a cool and important Jedi in the future.
  12. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    As a big fan of Zekk and a big Z/J shipper, I've come to the bitter and hard decision that....

Jaina will have to go with Jagged. sad Not saying I like it, but obviously, it's gonna happen. But here's my theory.....on what should happen. Fine, grr...Jag gets Jaina.

Sad but true.

(Pours some Jim Beam, then holds it up in a toast)

To Zekk and Jaina, and the love they were supposed to have, but fell by the wayside due to some authors not having enough brain cells.

(Tosses back the shot, then winces)

Damn! Should have mixed it with Coke first.

But before that is official, Jaina and Zekk have one last time together, a fling if you will. Jaina becomes pregnant with his child, boy or girl, and keeps it hidden for a while. Maybe even disguises it as Jag's kid when it finally becomes evident. A good story I think to fit the continuing timeline of the SW Galaxy.

So there.

...*sigh*

An interesting idea, but unfortunately one that the authors would not likely do. You see, they seem completely dedicated to the destruction of everything that is good in Star Wars: the killing of Chewbacca, Anakin, Mara and Jacen, and the pairing of Jaina with a complete loser, just so they can have some Force-sensitive Imperial royals a century down the track.

There's not much hope left, is there?

(Holds up bottle of Jim Beam)

Want a shot?
  13. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    Not to mention the implicit moral that politics isn't worth the effort, so we should all forego self rule and sign on to a Authoritarian regime ruled by super-men. Wheee!
  14. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Zekk shouldn't have one last tryst with Jaina.

He should kill both Jaina and Jag for putting him through the emotional HELL they've put him through since the end of the YJK.

And welcome back, Furyan. Haven't seen you in forever and a day. :)
  15. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    He should kill both Jaina and Jag for putting him through the emotional HELL they've put him through since the end of the YJK.

Best. Line. EVER! This would also make Legacy apocryphal and thus the Rebellion actually meant something.
  16. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Forgive me for being dense, Iktmoi, but how much snark was behind that post? ;) Because I was 100% serious on mine. :)
  17. KissMeImARebel Force Ghost

star 4
    Nah, he and Jag should just forget Jaina and start up their own slashy series of adventures as two roaming bachelors.
  18. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, with Zekk, love's never one-on-one. I just can't get the Dark Nest books out of my head when it comes to the Zekk/Jaina/Jag triangle.
  19. Neo-Paladin Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm still holding out hope that Zekk will take a long hard look at the galaxy far far away, decide that this is all too flipping stupid, and become a Buddha like prophet, preaching that happiness does not come from chasing contrived drama, but from a centered state of mind where one is as happy as the choose to be.

But what can I say, I'm a dreamer.
  20. JediBettyBug18 Jedi Master

star 3
    Maybe the whole emtional hell & j/j/z thing would be resolved if Jaina was sacked. I mean, isn't del rey trying to kill off the s/s clan, anyway?

Has it really been CANCELED? I will cry. :_|

love, marybeth
  21. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, they're trying to kill off the Solo clan anyway. The Skywalker side of things, they gave Luke a son. Then they took away his wife.

It seems Del Rey thinks this is Neon Genesis Evangelion or something. Or they just think True Art Is Angsty.
  22. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Honestly, the amount of crap Zekk's had to deal with, he might as well have married Jaina. It's pathetic.

Betty, we don't know if it has or not, but signs aren't good.
  23. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    I really hope they don't cancel Zekk's book! I loved him in LOTF. It was great to see him being all snarky to Jag.. [face_laugh] :D Although they did ignore him for most of the last 2 or 3 books. *sigh*

I wanna know that he's alive!!!! :_|

Well anyway, here's hoping... [face_praying]

~Celeste
  24. DarthIktomi Jedi Master

star 4
    Zekk's book was when they should've introduced Tenel Ka's cousins, Dea and Exmachina. Not talking to Shinji!Ben in Invincible.
  25. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Zekk novel canceled

I am sad... yet I also knew this was coming. *Sigh* Why, Del Rey? What did Zekk do to you?
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth