main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediFreac, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Definitely, and I think Del Rey needs to release some new art featuring him, not to mention many, many other characters.

Damn them...!

2. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    yeah, he's never taken seriously because he has no last name, his entry in the Encyclopedia is wrong, people diss him...poor guy...

3. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    I loved him back in Young Jedi Knights and I love him even more now. [face_love]

Is it alright if I join?

Zekk Solo has a nice ring to it... ;)

4. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    hehe...Zekk Solo?

Now, if only the Anti-Jag Coalition was brought back, a joint venture would be made, forcing Del Rey to convert their ways!!! Yes! definitely!

Being a mainly Kyp person myself, I still rather like Zekk...and I *do* wonder why Jaina left him for Capt cardboard...

-JSD

5. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    Oh I like Kyp a lot too, I'll even read the occasional Jaina/Kyp fic, but Zekk's her main guy in my book.
    But Jag? Blech.
    NOOO *shudders*
    That is something I will never understand. The books gotta ruin everything! *sigh*

6. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Amen to that, Elven_Jedi_Maiden!

Hmm...I'm going to try to find some feasible picture of Zekk and attempt to make an avatar out of it...

7. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I made an avatar of Zekk awhile back for my buddy at the dark side board. :D

here it is. heheh~

I love that picture of Zekk _____. <3

8. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Awww, Zekkie's such a cutie! I always liked that picture of him too.

9. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    You should submit it to the JC forums avatar db, TK. :p

*Runs off to begin brainstorming ideas for his Zekk songfic*

10. mOck_herOic

mOck_herOic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2003
    :[face_sigh]: NJO killed Zekk's character.....bleh.

Meanies.

11. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    I don't think they portrayed him wrong, so much as tossed him aside for no good reason at all. Even if Jaina really needed a new love interest (which she didn't :mad: ) there was no reason why Zekk couldn't still be her friend, or at least be given something to do. Rather than creating new Jedi left and right, why not use recognizable ones like our Zekkie boy?

12. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Zekk songfic

What?!

Where!?

Must read!!!

:D

13. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    I second Agent_Jaid!

Must...have...more...Zekk...

14. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    I agree, they tossed names of Jedi at me that I had no ideas about at all, and then killed them a few chapters later. What's the point of that? I don't know what they're trying to get at, but obviously character development is not one of them. :p

As for the songfic, it's going to be depressing. :p It'll deal with Zekk's feelings involving Jaina in NJO, the lyrics will be from Only by RA.

It'll be up when I get time to seriously sit down and get some of my creativity going, but until then, you can download the song and enjoy the awesome-ness that is RA. ;)

15. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Drat.

Why can't you do a HAPPY Z/J?

:(

It would be so much nicer........

*eyes fill up with tears*

16. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi all. Great idea for a thread, JediSmurf!
    I've liked Zekk ever since reading YJK also. He actually has depth. I wish Denning had seen that. :mad:

Last name? If he didn't know his, I would think he would take Peckhum. Taking the name Solo would probably, in his mind, shoot all chances with Jaina.

Anyone else think that he could do A LOT better than Jaina?

I think he could.

Since I liked Zekk so much, I made him one of the focuses of my Anakin fan fic. :D I have some plans for him. He deserves better than what DR has given him!

17. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Hey there Jade-Walker!

Zekk was a great Dark Jedi! I loved him in Darkest Night and Jedi Under Siege. I really liked his relationship with Jaina, too. One thing that bugged me about the YJK was that at the end of every book the characters were all smiles and laughs. It didn't seem like anything effected them. That was what was great about Zekk. He went through something bad and he didn't come out of it unscathed. Yet he didn't whine about it either.

18. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    *waves*
    Hi Lonewolf!
    Yet he didn't whine about it either.
    [face_laugh]
    Yeah! Unlike others. 8-}
    Then again, he doesn't have that Skywalker whining gene! ;)

19. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    *Waves*

Hi, Jade! Fancy meeting you here. :)

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    *waves back*
    Hi Rogue. :D

21. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Hahahaha, there will be resolve, but no real happiness, sorry. :( There will be when I start by Z/J fic, but that's not until after I finish Stolen Chance. :)

At any rate, Zekk as a Dark Jedi was by far the prime of his character. After he turned back to the Light, he's been switched, kicked, and tossed around like garbage. I say he just go Sith and kick some Yuuzhan Vong ass, then show the galaxy what he's really made of, hehe.

22. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The Who's Who in the New Jedi Order says that for all his dithering, Zekk is at risk for Kyp Durron's policies. He can be horribly nasty and even brutal but he's actually just this resilient, sensitive street rat.

I love what Lomi Plo says in SBS when Anakin tells her not to get Zekk angry...

(actually, to be honest, i never read all of the YJK books...only the first arc and half of the second)

23. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't know that I agree, JediSmurf.
    Zekk has spent his time on the Dark Side. He knows the line and doesn't like treading anywhere close to it. I don't think that he would agree with Kyp.

And I think that Lomi Plo was probably saying that to sow further problems amongst the Light siders. I'm sure that she had heard stories or watched as Zekk (as the Darkest Knight of the Shadow Academy) ruthlessly cut another student in half with his lightsaber.

Zekk had a rough time coming back but did return. I don't think he'd fall again.

24. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    I'm going to re-read SbS just for that, because it seems I've missed it somehow. Care to tell me the page number? :D

I highly doubt Zekk will ever follow any extremists while still a Light Side Jedi, because he's far too paranoid about crossing back to the Dark Side. What I think will make him snap is if someone close to him is injured, or someone close to him gives him the proverbial slap in the face. Zekk will go violent because Zekk is hurt, I think. :D Even the first time, his vanity and pride is what got him into the entire mess. That just adds to his all around l33t-nezz, hehe.

As for YJK, I admit, I haven't read Crisis at Crystal Reef and onwards. I need to get back to it.

25. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    I agree with Soulwalker. Dark Journey showed he was already wary of Kyp, and yet he felt so strongly affected by Jaina and what she was going through that he withdrew, largely to protect himself from slipping back into it, I think.

That Zekk, always fighting against his caring and selfless nature - since it goes against everything he's learned about how to survive on Coruscant, on Ennth, on the Dark Side, etc. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.