main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediFreac, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I haven't read Crisis at Crystal Reef and onwards. I need to get back to it.

No need to rush. Those books weren't as good. There's this girl named Anja in them that I just found irritating. All three books are set around her.

But Anakin is in one of them! [face_love]

2. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Anja got on my nerves too. Bleh. She was too... bleh. There was just something about her.

Can anyone draw? Maybe we can get some fanart in here. All I can do is ghetto stick figures. Oh yeah~ and the YJK smilies! My friend made these. I love them. <3

jacen, jaina, lowie, tenel ka & zekk!!!!

3. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Awww, cute -Tenel-Ka-!

To be honest, I don't know anyone who liked Anja, or even sympathized with her. I hated her; she ruined all the YJK relationships, and basically that story arc as well. She was whiny, self-absorbed, weak, and what the heck was someone in their mid-late twenties doing trying to steal a couple of teenage boys from their current love interests? :confused: Rather than focusing more on the kids themselves and their developing characters, instead the focus became Anja and her Many Problems.
    And she just seemed to me like an overdone, ripped off version of an early Mara to me. 8-}

4. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Hahahaha, I can see the hate seething. :D

I gather that Anja made moves on Jacen and Zekk or something, which I would have found seriously amusing, hehe. Wonder what Jaina and Tenel Ka had to say about it...:p

Ahhh, more fuel for that Z/J plot bunny that bit me.

5. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    ripped off version of an early Mara to me.
    :mad:
    *points at icon*
    ;)

I don't know if Anja really made any moves on Jacen or Zekk, but they certainly flocked around her.

Jaina and Tenel Ka certainly didn't like it.

6. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Haha, she only went for them cuz no one her own age could stand her!

Just kidding.

um, yeah, he's just an all around, sensitive, nice guy. But I think all the article was saying was that if he ever feels the need to make amends, he might turn out the same way as Kyp...

But I don't see that happening...he's smarter than that. Just a little paranoid.

I dunno, I never liked his hair. Especially how Kevin J. Anderson would write about him tying his hair into a ponytail with a THONG. I would just get these weird images. Zekkie-boy at Victoria's Secret shopping for things to use to tie back his hair...

7. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Zekkie-boy at Victoria's Secret shopping for things to use to tie back his hair...

[face_laugh]

8. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    Zekkie-boy at Victoria's Secret shopping for things to use to tie back his hair...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Ha! I almost choked when I read that!!

I always thought Zekkie's hair was one of the coolest things about him, actually. Guys with long hair are hot!!

No, Anja didn't really make moves on Jacen and Zekk; she was just her normal slutty self, and they were, uh, interested. :mad: Jacen more than Zekk. Zekk was really only friendly towards her, but Jaina interpreted things wrong, which put a strain on things between them. And no, Jaina and Tenel Ka were not pleased with these developements.

Hee hee, no offense meant Jade-Walker! :D

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    No offense really taken, EJM.
    I'm used to Mara jokes by now. ;)

10. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    Kyp fans should all become Zekk fans. Especially all those people who like Kyp-Jaina but think Kyp is too old. Zekk's got a lot in common with Kyp (except Zekk's got more maturity), and he's closer in age and everything! =)

Does it bother you that Jaina saved him from the Dark Side, but when she went tripping into bad territory he was like, "*twiddle* i'm too scared" I mean, he loves her, sure, but that was like...major...lack of loyalty...

11. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    I don't think he twiddled his thumbs when Jaina turned to the Dark Side, so to speak, it was more like he was afraid of pushing her away by trying to help. We all saw how Jaina repeatedly put on the "I can fend for myself" facade, even against Zekk, who actually did approach her, only to get the door slammed in his face, figuratively speaking, hehe.

As for Zekk tying his hair up in a thong...hahaha, bad, bad images. :D I'm letting my hair grow out, actually. It's currently in the "curly" stage, where it wants to sit up and curl in all humanly possible angles because I can't quite pull it into a ponytail yet. :p And yes, it's jet black. ;)

12. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    I don't mind long hair but there are only a few types of people who have the right type of hair that can be worn long.

Zekkie dearest is one of them............ [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

My oldest brother grew it out untill he could tie it back and it didn't look to bad on him but when my brother #2 tried it...........

I was ready to get a knife and cut it!!!!

I don't see why tieing your hair back with a thong would give bad imageing.

I mean, I know WHY but.......... Maybe I've just read to many stories about King Aurthur and the Round Table and other such things.

A thong in my mind is a narrow strip of leather generally tied around your wrists, as a string for holding an amulet, holding your hair back, etc.

*shrugs*

It's probably just me though.

13. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Hehehehe, some of us have really demented minds. ;)

14. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey. Demented is good. *cackles*

I love Zekk's hair. I'm a sucker for black hair though, especially when it's long. (See Vincent Valentine of Final Fantasy 7. *drool*)

15. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    *Shakes his hair at TK* ;)

Yeah, Vincent was the bomb, hehe. Can't get cooler than that.

As for Zekk, I still think he should whoop some Yuuzhan Vong and Gag arse. :D

16. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Cool, a Zekk FC. Count me in.

17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I've posted in here a few times, but if I'm not officially in...I am now. :D

And would this club's name be abbreviated as the PWLZ_C? Or maybe the PWLZ?C? ;)

18. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    This is one of the only fan clubs advertising a minor character. hopefully the DR people catch on to his popularity.

19. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    Kyp fans should all become Zekk fans. Especially all those people who like Kyp-Jaina but think Kyp is too old. Zekk's got a lot in common with Kyp (except Zekk's got more maturity), and he's closer in age and everything!

I agree! I never was a Kyp fan until very recently - when I finally realized that beneath it all, what Kyp essentially is is an older, meaner, less handsome (in my mind anyway) version of Zekk, and then how could I hate him? Zekk is undoubtedly the best guy for Jaina, but I might tolerate Kyp in that role largely because of his similarities to Zekkie boy. [face_love]

I love Zekk's hair. I'm a sucker for black hair though, especially when it's long.

*drools* Hee hee, me too. [face_love]

As for Zekk, I still think he should whoop some Yuuzhan Vong and Gag arse.

Ha, I'd like nothing better than to see Zekk kick Gag's arse. [face_devil] I have no doubts that he could do it.

20. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Wow! A Zekk club! I'm glad to see has supporters. I've always kind of liked him and I feel that he has received a bit of a bad rap for DJ. I think that he withdrew from Jaina because he did care about her. He could not stand to see her become dark and he knew he must protect himself as well.

I would like to see Zekk step out of the shadows and be a real contender in the EU and not just a flat character inserted into the series to be a semi love interest for Jaina. There are comparisons to Kyp and rightly so. He and Kyp share many similarities. They are both orphaned and grew up in a rough lifestyle, they look alike and have both battled the darkside( and they were both created by Kevin J Anderson 8-}. I would like to see Zekk step out of this shadow too and become a character in his own right-without Jaina.

21. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    As for stepping out of her shadow, I definitely agree with you there. He needs to prove that he's bigger than Jaina and the rest of the Jedi that have attempted to downplay him thus far. He didn't become the Darkest Knight simply because he has long black hair, hehe.

22. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    ooooooooh!! jaid, why didn't you tell me about this club? :D count me in! for those of you that don't know me, discard my username (PLEASE) ...i made it before i was re-converted :p

and yes, zekk's prime was definitely when he was darkest knight (as anyone can tell from one of my fics [face_devil] ) and the long hair is good on him...gotta love black hair especially ;) [face_love]

~TJF

23. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Hehehe, you write Dark Zekk really well, TJF. :)

I read your rewrite of RotJ from beginning to end, in one night! LOL!! Took me awhile, but it was worth it. :D

24. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Sorry Goddess........

I didn't think to add this to my sig or to advertise it.

My be very bad.

I don't know why I didn't tell you..........

This is a pretty cool place though isn't it?

:D

DR needs to be pummled and here and [even more so] on the Tenel Ka fan club we do our hardest to do so.

I don't suppose we'll get to see more of Onyx any time soon...........

Not that I'm pressuring or anything.

Please Goddess?

Think of how ecstatic Kyp would be if when she returns there's another update to RotJ!!!!

Just yell "I HAVE A POSTIE FOR ROTJ THAT NEEDS A BETA-ER!!!!! ANY TAKERS????" And you'd be SWAMPED with requests to beta it!!!!!

PLEASE UPDATE IT!!!!

TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT READ IT...........

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!

Return of the Jedi by Goddess TJF is one of the crowinging J/Z fics!!!!

VOTE FOR IT IN THE WINTER FAN FIC AWARDS!!!!!!

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I THINK MY KEYBOARD IS FROZEN......... THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM>

:D

KILL JOY>

25. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Hehehehe, looks like TJF has her an official propagandist, one with a frozen keyboard, at that. :D ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.