main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediFreac, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Discussion Topic Did the characterization of Zekk in the NJO seem realistic to you? Did it bother you?

Begin Fire.

2. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Go Zekk!!!!!

I'm in. I think that Zekk shoudn't have a last name until Jania marries him. Then he gets to be Zekk Solo

3. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
    Can I join?

I agree with The_Hooded_One. I think if he married Jaina then he wouldn't mind being called a Solo.

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    * [face_blush] [face_blush] furiously at Jaid*

and i'm waiting for JM to get it back to me...if she hasn't done so in a week or so i'll probably ask TSM to beta it for me again [face_plain]

anyway...zekk's characterization in NJO...don't even get me started :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

the only part that was correct was maybe a little of the beginning of DJ...then they just got rid of him like he was useless and flat :mad:

~TJF

5. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Zekk's characterization in NJO? Let me think, I'll go with...nonexistent.

Seriously, he has appeared all of three times in NJO, and the most important thing he's ever done is try to give Jaina a pep-talk which she shoves in his face; and then going to Captain Cardboard for some loving. -_-;; Oh, how I hate Jaina...:p

Yeah, Zekk has become a paranoid, useless, backwater Jedi who nobody cares/knows about anymore. If I remember correctly, he was strong enough to become the second in command of an invasion force led by a force of Dark Jedi, so wouldn't that make Zekk one of the more powerful Jedi Knights in NJO...? Guess not, from what we've seen.

Also, since when has Zekk been so emotionally dependend that he allows someone to walk over him? I highly doubt he would have taken the CENSORED that Jaina threw at him, or be so paranoid about the Dark Side that he'd let her off by herself for the most part.

Mod Edit: Please don't swear again [face_plain]

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *points* he said it, not me ;) i'm still the peaceful one... *halo appears*

[voice_whisper]Soulwalker, you're my new favourite person ;) you just summed it up perfectly [face_plain] now i have to decide whether or not that's a good thing [face_plain] [/voice]

~TJF

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Goddess?

[voice_whisper]It's a good thing.[/voice]

Greg does seem to have a good grip on why we hate DR.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Drated sithly, demonic, insane, cruel, inhumane..........

Hope you didn't hurt those kids to much Greg!!

;)

Did you decide to go with the duct tape or the straight jackets?

[face_mischief]

8. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    YAY! I'm TJF's new favorite person! *Runs around in cirles* :D ;)

Hehehe, I didn't do either, Jaid. ;) In fact, I didn't really have to watch the kids all that much. It's amazing how entertained they can be if you throw out a few softballs and dodgeballs, lol. I played catch all day with a couple of girls, hehe. ;)

9. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    then going to Captain Cardboard
    [face_laugh]
    Good one!

I don't know. Zekk's been hung-up on Jaina for years now! He might just let her walk all over him. But in the YJK series, it was she that seemed more hooked. ;) He didn't send messages to her all that often as he was off on his bounty hunter thing. So maybe not.

All this talk about Zekk and the pitiful amount of space in the NJO dedicated to him has inspired me to work harder on his character development in my story. He's gotta work through the problems & wishy-washiness that the NJO has placed on him. And I think I know how to do it.

(Shameless plug--it's the first story in my sig line. The post I put up on the 8th is the first one featuring Zekk. From there, he gets a much larger role! ;) )

10. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Elven_Jedi_Maiden Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2003
    Also, since when has Zekk been so emotionally dependend that he allows someone to walk over him?

I don't think Zekk let Jaina walk over him. He tried to help her, she refused to let him. Zekk realized that because of his strong feelings for her - as well as his own lingering paranoia about the dark side - he wouldn't be doing her or himself any favors by sticking around watching her destroy herself, so he left. As far as we know, they've barely spoken in the year and a half since. It was a good, proactive way to handle things - and I completely agree that it was simply appalling in it's sheer un-Zekk-ness!

Real Zekk would never have let her go off by herself when she was in such a dangerous state of mind. He would have stuck by Jaina no matter what, even if it meant that he fell back to the Dark Side with her. HE, not Kyp or Gag, would have been the one to save her. But *sigh* the evil spawn of Del Rey had to go and twist poor Zekkie's character all around as a plot device to get him formally out of the way; clearing the road for Gag. *sigh* :_|

11. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    But *sigh* the evil spawn of Del Rey had to go and twist poor Zekkie's character all around as a plot device to get him formally out of the way; clearing the road for Gag.

Which is why I said he let Jaina walk all over him. :p He just kind of...took it, when she lashed out at him for trying to help her. I can see why you'd say that he's just trying to be nice, but the real Zekk would have come back with just as much fire, and tell her why she's acting immature and stupid.

That's why they go so well together, hehe.

12. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    At least she didn't forget him...she wanted him in Twin Suns...

Jag shot down the idea tho...do I sense a rivalry?

13. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Gag can't stand the fact that Zekk looks better than him. :p

You all know this, hehe. ;)

14. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    *is in agreement with Greg*

And he's not as stiff as *gag*.

Who in the name of the Force would, by their own violation, want that guy!?

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    very true soulwalker :p jag's definitely jealous...with good reason :D [face_mischief]

and i have no idea who would want jag...well, past the first little while...initally he doesn't seem too bad, but once you get past the "initially" it's embarrassing that you ever looked at him once, let alone twice :p [face_blush]

~TJF

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't know. He's awfully stiff, but that is mainly a product of being raised with the Chiss.

In Force Heretic, you see some of his personality and thoughts come through. I've come to like him better after that.

17. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *very reluctantly* in remnant he's semi-ok...but he's still extreemly stiff and i don't like jag so i'm not likely to give him another real, fair chance :p

~TJF

18. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    i like Gag, but I still wish that they had more Zekk...

I actually think he's a stronger character without Jaina...

Actually, both of them are. All three of them, Kyp, Jag, and Zekk...are cooler characters when they aren't rendered mooney-eyed by yun-harlot. i mean, harla.

19. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    Well, really, you gotta hand it to the girl, holding so many guys absolutely spell-bound at once... Wonder what her secret is? ;) 8-}

And of course Gag is jealous, downplaying Zekk like that; and it actually makes sense if you think about it. Zekk may not have a rich daddy; but he's a Jedi, is obviousely interested in Jaina, has a genuinely good nature, and this little thing called a PERSONALITY.

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    All three of them, Kyp, Jag, and Zekk...are cooler characters when they aren't rendered mooney-eyed by yun-harlot. i mean, harla.

[face_laugh] LOL, JediSmurf!

21. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    The reason why she was thumping Gag's chest?

Cuz she was angry at him for dissing our Zekkieboy!

22. Elven_Jedi_Maiden

Apr 7, 2003
    YEAH!!!

How dare he? :mad:

23. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    If they don't put Zekk and Jaina back together, it would irk me much less than it would if Jacen and Tenel Ka weren't matched up. Why? Because Jaina just doesn't treat Zekk with the same amount of respect that he treats her with. :p

As long as they make Zekk a stronger person coming out of the NJO, I'll be happy. Maybe he could even find a new character that will love him as much as he loves her. I wouldn't mind seeing Jaina's ego drop a few bars, heh.

Also, Jacen better start shaping up or I'm going to torture him some in my fic. :p

24. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Also, Jacen better start shaping up or I'm going to torture him some in my fic.

Greg?

I thought that Jacen torture was a fore-gone conclusion!

He's being a block-head!!!

Just have Tenel Ka give him a kiss and then throw him out of............. Where ever.

That would be fairly effective torture!

[face_mischief]

Poor Jacen..................

[face_devil]

I agree with you on Jaina.

[face_devil]

I like the " [face_devil]" face!!!!

[face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    ok people, jacesolo1138 and i have started a "YJK Index" in the Writers' Resource for fan fiction/sites/art, etc. i was wondering if anyone has any objections to this thread being listed in the fan sites area? let me know :)

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.