main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Perfect Dark Zero. Launch Title For The Xbox 360.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Uncle_Owen_Kenobi, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hpefuly they'll either chuck or allow you to disable the blurry-vision effect, as that was truely the one thing that ruined the original game and ensured it would never be better than GoldenEye, since it eliminated almost any chance of players making comebacks. If you dominated early enough, you were practically ensured victory.

2. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    I disagree. Yes, it was infuriating to get the "blurry vision" but it wore off after a while. Several times I was hit with the "blurry/red vision", and still managed to come back and win multiplayer matches.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It didn't really wear off that quickly- and basicly made the game unplayable for you so you had no chance of avoiding getting shot up anymore by someone.

9 times outta 10 you were more likely to die within seconds of getting blurry-vision than you were to survive long enough for it to wear off- and even then you'd be weak enough that another hit and it'd be back.

4. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, in my own experience, it didn't degrade the gameplay that much for me. Yeah, I often died soon after, but that was usually because some DarkSim was the one punching me (and would continue to punch me until I was no more). Either way, if you could get away from your attacker and stand still for a long enough time, the blurriness would go away, or diminish enough for me to find a nice little hole to defend - usually successfully.

EDIT: Speaking of PD0, my buddy told me he read in the july issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly that they are planning to release PD0 simulataneously on XBox360, Gamecube, and (?) N64. I told him he was full of ****, but in all honesty, I haven't read the issue. Seems like something strange to lie about, but I can't say that I even remotely believe it (especially since Rare is owned by Micro$oft now). Anyone else heard this rumor?

5. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    especially since Rare is pwned by Micro$oft now

I hope that was intended :D

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, N64 titles aren't in productioon anymore- thats a rather odd thing to try to pass of as real.

On the topic of the blurriness- while it was not impossible to overcome the bluriness, I (and the friends I;ve played it with) foudn to be detrimental enough to the gaming experience so as to not want to play it, in favor of going back to GoldenEye.

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I just bought EGM today, I saw no mention of PD0 being made for the GC or N64. Though they did talk about the production of PD for the N64 briefly.

8. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Supposedly we'll be able to DL all the games for previous N systems for Revolution, so one of the first I'll get is PD. I really wish this was coming out for some system other than XB... computer perhaps. Sigh.

EDIT: EDIT'd!!!

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That actually brings up a good point- we know first party Nintendo games will available for the Revolution, anmd that third party titles will be up to the publisher...but where does second party titles fall? Obviously Rare owns the Perfect Dark franchise to be able to make PD0 for XB360...but does Nintendo still essentially own the original PD?

10. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Are XBox 360 games going to work on the first XBox?

I'm new to the whole video game thing, and I just got my first gaming console... an XBox. It's great, and I got it the now regular price. So I'm just wondering if the new games will work on the first system... I loved Perfect Dark on N64, which my brother owns.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    No, games made for the new systems will not work on the old systems- it's why a new system is requried to play them in the first place.

Though since the new system will be at least partially backwards-compatible, they may make some titles that will still play on both.

12. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    Is it me, or do these new PD pictures look a bit "cartoonish"? I wonder why they've chosen to go for that cartoonish look? Odd. I loved the original as much as anybody, but I'm not planning to buy the new xbox 360 or what ever the heck it's called. :p Unless ofcourse this PdZero proves to be as good as the original.

13. sageofdoom

sageofdoom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    i own the one for N64:D

14. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    ^Me and my brother used to love making custom one on one and team games, where you get to choose the place to fight, choose the weapons, choose the characters, choose and customize the bad guys. Loads of fun. :)

15. Tachikoma-Kun

Apr 30, 2005
    Damn, I wish I still had my N64. I loved spamming those weirdly bouncing nades everywhere. My brother allways got mad at for that :D

16. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    ^Mine did, too. :D

What also bugged me was when he'd use that Slayer gun against me... it was at times impossible to escape. But I'd always get him back with the Farsight. :)

We used to play in the Area 51 arena, and he'd get in one of the three sniper towers and I'd get in one of the other ones, and we'd shoot at the bad guys who'd walk in through the passages. That was fun.

17. Tachikoma-Kun

Apr 30, 2005
    Heh :) I allso remember those grenades that blurred your vision. They never seemed to affect the AI controlled guys much tho. I used to throw them at my brother and then tell him it was an accident. He'd swear at me and yell that I really needed to aim better. It was fun watching him fight from a distance while he was beeing blinded by those nades :p

18. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    If I remember correctly, I believe it was the Trangquilizer that you could set with either a blinding effect or a lethal injection, and the blinding effect is what blurred vision.

The Laptop Gun rocked. :cool:

19. Tachikoma-Kun

Apr 30, 2005
    Really? I seem to remember these odd greandes/mines that set of this explosion that caused the whole room be engulfed in black smoke or something like that. It sort of blurred your vision and made this sickly grinding noise as well. Oh well... I may have remembered wrong. Maybe Im mixing Golden Eye and PD.
    But I do hope they have all these features in the new PD as well. I was really hoping that the PD zero would have been released on gamecube. I was really looking forward to it. But it was not to be..*sigh*

20. Among the Clouds

May 18, 2001
    Yeah, especially since the first was released on a Nintendo. [face_plain]

21. Tachikoma-Kun

Apr 30, 2005
    Someone commented earlier on Joannas new looks. I agree, she looks like Laras long lost twin sister. Why couldn't her looks reflect her profession? I think she should look a bit more athletic. I don't mind her being pretty, it's just that well...How many Lara Crofts does the gamingworld really need? Argh..I need some sleep :p lol

22. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    OK, so I think I'm a little confused...

is this Perfect Dark Zer0:
    [image=http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/614/614217/perfect-dark-zero-20050514085006513.jpg]

or is this:
    [image=http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/616/616696/perfect-dark-zero-20050518075217019.jpg]

Personally I like the first one better. The second one looks like PS2 graphics, not next-gen material at all.

23. irishd2

irishd2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2004
    The screens and vids out now are on beta kits i think, so there not even finalized hardware. So they have time to clean it up. Not only that, but the graphics will get "better" as the next gen rolls around, ('05-'08ish), and PD0 is only using 30% of the 360's graphical power.

So just wait and see.

24. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.