main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Perfect Strangers" (LOTF AU, K/J/OC) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MJade

MJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Dana,

Well, happy New Year! Great update. Good to see Kyp is trying to get his old life back. Should be interesting when he meets Vash and Kaylee. Loving that everyone is questioning Jaina's marriage to Vash, including Jaina. Can't wait to see more of Vash, and I'm glad you're writing him as a nice guy. Just gives the story a great angle. And Kaylee's love of colorful clothes? Priceless. I can almost picture her in a layer cake dress now. Too funny.

2. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Just got caught up on the last few posts. I just totally love this story. Great job! Dana.=D=

FL @};-

3. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I absolutally Love Kaylee! She's adorable.

Poor Jaina. Cought in the middle of a diffacult decision. Hope she figures things out... sometime before she gets married to Vash What's-his-face would be nice ;)

4. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great stuff.=D=

5. Keela_Underwail

Keela_Underwail Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Oh, great post! Kaylee is so cute with her sense of fashion. She's right, brown can be boring...Can't wait for more!

-Keela

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks. :)

LOL! Excapt that dress was pink, and this Kaylee hates pink. :D Her favourite colour is green, followed by really bright yellow.

We'll be seeing more of Vash either at the end of chapter seven, or in chapter eight.

Thank you! :)

I hope she figures thigns out, too. ;)

Thanks. :)

Hee, I love the way she rips on her mother's sense of style, and *she* dresses so oddly.

Next chapter, coming right up!

Dana

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    --Chapter Six--

Jacen Solo had already heard about Kyp's "resurrection", so he wasn't surprised when the long-missing man entered his office, followed by his very tense sister. Jaina looked like she was wound so tight she was going to snap at any minute. Jacen didn't blame her.

"Kyp," Jacen said, standing. "I know you don't recognise me, but I'm Jacen Solo."

Kyp held his hand out to Jacen, who shook it. "Jaina says you might be able to help me?"

Jaina locked eyes with her twin, silently pleading with him. Jacen said, "Well, I don't know how much help I'll actually be, but I can give it a shot. What did Cilghal say about your memory loss?"

"That it appears to be the result of post-traumatic stress syndrome, and that if I can get over whatever the trauma was, it should help me get my memory back. But that it could also be from a head injury, in which case I might never get it back."

Jaina's head whipped around and she stared at Kyp. "You didn't tell me that."

"You didn't ask."

"You still should have told me."

"Why? Is it really any of your business? We're not together, remember?"

Jacen managed to keep a straight face, but just barely. Five years apart, him with no memory, and they were still bickering.

Jaina sat down in one of the chairs and crossed her arms over her chest. Kyp sat in the other and looked in the opposite direction. Jacen resumed his seat, trying not to be amused.

He and his twin hadn't been as close since he'd spent all that time as a prisoner of the Vong. They'd tried to patch things up, but then he'd spent five years off studying the Force, and then he'd tricked Jaina into attacking the Chiss, to make the Chiss prematurely strike at the Killiks. She hadn't ever quite forgiven him for that.

But even still, they had a lot in common. He and Tenel Ka, the love of his life, had a child, five-year-old Allana. Tenel Ka had done what she could to keep his identity secret, but a few seemed to know now. He wouldn't put it past Jaina to know and have told his parents, at least. Fair was fair; he'd known Kyp was Kaylee's father since before Jaina had even told Han and Leia she was pregnant.

Jacen had also known that there was something more than friendship between the two since he'd come back from his time with the Vong. Jaina had denied it fiercely, had said that she loved Jag. She had, Jacen wouldn't try to deny that, but she'd also loved Kyp just as much.

What he couldn't figure out was why Jaina was still planning on marrying Vash, when Kyp--or at least what was left of Kyp--had returned. He could tell from the pain Jaina unconsciously projected into the Force that she was still in love with the man sitting beside her. And everyone knew she didn't love Vash.

Well, maybe Vash didn't know. Jaina was a pretty good actress, usually. But this had shaken her so badly she couldn't keep the act up very successfully.

He wondered idly if Jaina was ever going to get her feelings straightened out.

"How exactly do we do this?" Kyp asked.

Jacen shrugged. "I really don't know. I'm surprised you came to me, actually."

"Because you're the guru," Jaina said. "You know all sorts of stuff. If you can flow-walk, surely you can help Kyp get past the block in his mind."

"What's flow-walking?" Kyp asked.

Jacen sat back in his chair. "It's an advanced technique used by the Ang-Tii. Since the Force is in everything, and the Force is constant and doesn't have a beginning or end, it's possible for those who know how to be able to . . . it's not exactly correct to say 'step outside of time', but it's close."

"You mean like time-travel?"

"Only in a sense. It's more like . . . astrally projecting yourself through time. Occasionally, the flow of the space-time continuum can be bent and you can step through into another space. The Ang-Tii have figured out how to do it with their ships, but I'm not quite that advanced yet."

Kyp's green eyes were wide. "Are you kidding me?"

"No, he isn't," Jaina said. "You knew all about this wh

8. WaterGoddess

WaterGoddess Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2005
    Ahh, those post were really good. Sounds like Kyp is going to be a great dad. I am gunning for Kyp and Jaina, but I can't help feeling a little sorry for Vash. Can't wait to see how you handle that.

9. Keela_Underwail

Jul 28, 2005
    YAYE!!!! KYP's REMEMBERING!!! ooooooo and I'm the first response, cool!

-Keela

10. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    That's probably my favorite fic of yours so far, Dana. Hell if I know why, though. :) But I like this amnesiac Kyp a lot - he's still Kyp, still sharp and smart, just without this brittle edge that comes from having fight for too long, feeling guilty for too long. And I like this messed-up Jaina. Unflattering, but realistic. And I could read Jacen without wanting to spit on him, now that's an achievement!

About the girl... really, I'm going to regret that I'm such a slow writer. :) I plan to give Kyp a child he didn't knew of until she was 3 y.o. in BAON, and I got it all plotted and everything - and at the rate I'm writing it might be another year until I'll get to it. Now I'm so envious that you are writing Kailee and I still have loads of stuff to write until I can get to Drea - damn, I like to play with children in fiction too! :D She's adorable, but if she inherited more than Kyp's looks, the Galaxy just might not survive!

A.

11. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update.

12. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    WOO!!!

I love this story!!!:D
    Seriously I can't get enough! It's brilliant! I love Jaina and Kyp fics. Well done! Please post more! [face_batting]

. . . . waits . . . waits . . . .

(shakes fists) DO IT! POST!

woops [face_blush] sorry impatients got the better of me!

I can't wait for the next chapter!!!;) [face_peace] :)

PS: Kaylee is so cute!!!

13. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Well, this is surely getting interesting. Wonder what Kaylee will say when she finds out Uncle Kyp is really Daddy.

Keep 'em coming.
    :D

FL @};-

14. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Awsome update!

...But that it could also be from a head injury, in which case I might never get it back."
    In all the cartoons all you have to do is hit them on the head again with like a club or something. *hides shovel behind back* [face_whistling]

Somehow I think that after Jaina tells Kaylee, she's never going to hear the end of "why aren't you marrying Daddy?"

Can't wait til the next post

15. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Loved the update. Looks like the next one should be very interesting, with Kaylee finding out who her daddy is.

16. Master_Kiona

Master_Kiona Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh! I'm loving this story! hehe The zoo scene should be quite amusing. ;) I can hardly wait until the next update!

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Okay, first off, I will never click on one of your fics when trying to pound out a post of my own. ^_^;

Second off, Kaylee is so CUTE!!! Poor Vash, too. I feel for the guy. He's a nice man, and he shares the name of one of my favorite anime characters (Vash the Stampede from Trigun).

Man, you've got me hooked. PMs, por favor? I mean, I'm a hardcore J/Zer, but you write J/K so well.

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Heh heh. Thanks. Yes, poor Vash. Everyone keeps kinda lumping on him.

Yup, he's remembering. Very slowly. LOL

Oh, Kaylee's inherited more than her dad's looks. [face_devil]

One thing is for sure, things are going to get very interesting when Kyp gets his memory back. I mean, c'mon, we all know it's gonna happen. :p Right now we're seeing "Zeth's" reactions to everything. *Kyp*, on the other hand, will be very interesting indeed.

Thank you. :)

Heh heh, thanks! Chapter seven will be up soon, I promise. I've almost got it finished. Actually, chapter seven was largely part of chapter six, but I had to split the two 'cause it got too long.

Kaylee, I think, is going to be over the moon.

LOL! I polled people to see how he should get his memory back:

A. slowly, a memory at a time
    B. a whack to the head
    C. all of the above

Just about everyone chose B or C. [face_laugh]

I hope you guys like this next chapter. I'm uncertain about it, but I wrote it the way the characters took me.

Thank you. :) Fortunately, you don't have long to wait at all.

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Not quite . . . happy . . . with the "No, I am your father" scene, but . . . eh.

[b]--Chapter Seven--[/b]

The holographic zoo was entertaining, but it was much more fun to watch Kaylee's reactions to all of the long-extinct animals. Kyp lifted her high on his shoulders so that she could see some of them better, and he felt kind of strange. He had no memory of a relationship with the girl's mother, but he was very attached to the kid already.

Kaylee started getting cranky, so Kyp mentally abandoned his plan to go to the market. Instead, they went back to the Jedi temple, and Jaina's quarters.

He waited in the living room while Jaina got Kaylee changed into some other clothes and got her some juice, which always seemed to calm her down, Jaina told him. He just nodded.

Jaina's apartment had dark blue carpet on the floor, and the walls were a pale grey that somehow managed to be soothing rather than bland. None of the surfaces were prone to show stains, he noticed with amusement.

His gaze landed on a display of holos on the mantel above the fireplace. It wasn't a [i]real[/i] fireplace, that burned wood, but it still had real fire when turned on. He discovered this when he looked and found that the "logs" were actually made from duracrete.

The holos were mostly of Jaina's family: mother and father, aunt and uncle, brothers--he recognised Jacen, so the other must have been Anakin--and several of Kaylee at various stages. Off to one side were two other holos, of Jaina and a companion.

One was of Jaina, in Jedi robes, with a tall, military-looking man. He had black hair, cropped close to his head, and a white streak in it above his right eye. He also had a scar on his face, cutting through the right eyebrow and up into the hairline, where the white streak followed continued it.

Jaina was smiling in the holo, but there was something about her eyes that looked sad. Kyp checked the date on the holo and found it to be roughly nine years before. This, then, was Jagged Fel, the one who'd died.

The other holo was of him, standing next to Jaina. She was in a military uniform, instead of Jedi robes, but she had the outer-most layer of a set of robes over the uniform. He had robes on, and his arm around Jaina's shoulder, their heads bent together, both of them grinning.

It was something of a shock to see a younger version of himself, with a much-younger Jaina.

"That was at my knighting ceremony," she said behind him. "Well, the second one that the government put on to bolster support for the Jedi. I'd already been a knight for four years at that point, but . . . since we'd started the apprentice program shortly after I graduated the academy . . . I don't know, things got a little strange around that time."

He turned, and saw that she'd brought Kaylee back. The child had a lidded cup with a built-in straw and was happily drinking from it.

"How old were you in this?" he asked.

"I was just barely turned twenty. You were thirty-four. So that was about twelve years ago."

Jaina sat Kaylee on the sofa, then sat next to her. She made a motion with her head for him to do the same.

Kyp sat down on the other side of his daughter, and Kaylee shifted to look at him, still drinking from her cup. His heart was suddenly pounding. What was he thinking? He couldn't be a father! He didn't even know anything about himself!

There was a light touch on his arm, and he looked to see Jaina had reached around Kaylee and placed her hand on his arm. He felt calmer, and suspected that she was using the Force somehow to reassure him.

He clumsily did as Jacen had instructed and reached back, with silent thanks. She smiled briefly, but then withdrew from the tenuous connection.

"Kay, honey," Jaina began. "This is Kyp Durron."

"Uncle Kyp?" she asked, looking to her mother for confirmation.

Jaina winced again. Why, why, [i]why[/i] had she told Kaylee that? "No, he's not your uncle. I just called him that when you were really little, because you were too little to understand."

"I'm older now?" she

20. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I loved the update. Man, if Kyp is this great reacting still as 'Zeth', him reacting as Kyp will be great. Right now he doesn't have all the years of loving Jaina pushing him.

Poor Vash. [face_devil]

21. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    I LOVE Kaylee! She's absolutally adorable!

This is going to be an interesting dinner. Can't wait to see exactally what Kyp has in store.

22. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh, Dana, I agree with Princess_Melissa, I can't wait to see how Kyp reacts if this how Zeth responds.

Great Job, BTW with "I'm your Daddy" scene.=D=

FL @};-

23. Keela_Underwail

Jul 28, 2005
    Oooooo, I liked this update! Can't wait til the dinner @ Han & Leia's...maybe Vash will turn out to be an evil Sith Master reincarnated or something so we can hate him. Great post keep up the great work!
    -Keela

24. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Fantastic posts. Kaylee with the Sparklefish was adorable. Kyp and Kaylee planning to break up Jaina and Vash, is priceless. And han is so dead on.

btw, You updated more than any other person i know. Do you write in your sleep? :p

25. ccp

Apr 29, 2005
    I like where this is going.