main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Perfect Strangers" (LOTF AU, K/J/OC) Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dantana Skywalker, Dec 29, 2005.

1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Han lowered his arm. "You don't have to do this, Jaya. It's never too late to turn back."

No! Jay don't do it! :eek: You left us hanging!

I can't believe Kyp got beaten!

This is tense. Can't wait for the next part.

Brilliant writing. :) Good to see this back.

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks! You did notice what happened there, though, right?

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    :eek: She will not marry Vash! No, no, no, no, no...

I love this story! And, yay! Kyp got his memory back! [face_dancing]
    Really, really looking forward to reading more.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, you're killing me with the 00:00:01! It reminds me of GalaxyQuest, sorta. JAINA! LISTEN TO KAYLEE! This semi-reminds me of Serendipity. Poor beatup Kyp. I'll go comfort shirtless him. Just as soon as he marries Jaina!

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    We'll see. [face_devil]

And it does appear he did, doesn't it?

Hee, it isn't supposed to remind of Serendipity, but it kinda does, doesn't it? You do realise that if you try to comfort Kyp after he's married to Jaina, Jay will kill you? ;)

Dana

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I didn't say I'd kiss him or sleep with him or anything, just run over and give him a hug and a gift certificate to a masseuse.

7. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Thank you for the update! I loved it! I can't wait for more. Hopefully the next chapter won't take so long for you to write. Kyp better move it to get to the Wedding.

8. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Wow! Wonderful to see more of this! It?s funny how the story is all coming back now (like Kyp?s memory?LOL):oops:

She didn't have to wonder, really. He'd call her stupid. He and Kyp had been the two people in her life who had been unafraid to call her on it when they thought she was full of poodoo. And even if Jag had been jealous over her feelings for Kyp, feelings she had denied so long, he would have told her to follow her heart

And isn?t that so true. Of course that?s Kyp for you: tell it like it is.

His mother smirked, backed out of the room, and pulled a commlink out of her reticule.

She?s the one I am suspicious of!!!!!!

Only Kyp's natural reflexes kept him from getting a bolt straight to the stomach.

Demonstrating that the Force flows naturally through him even if he can?t remember how to fully direct it. Throughout the fight I kept thinking ?Kyp, kick their butts!? Then I realized he can?t quite remember how to channel the Force. That?s so weird, Kyp ?low? on Force power!

He got his memory back when he remembered the war and the Slayers and Hapes didn?t he??????

You better not leave us dangling for months! We want more and soon!!!!!=D=

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Heh, yeah, he'll be feeling that beating in the morning!

There goes Leia's no-interruptions. *cackles*

Yeah, when I was writing it, I had to keep reminding myself that he doesn't have the Force, and can't do all that nifty fighting.

I'm working on finishing up the next chapter now; it's been mostly written for two years now. Heh.

Dana

10. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Okay...I have just one request...please have mercy on us all and don't make us wait one year to find out what happens in one second[face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

Excellent update as always!

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Not gonna make you wait! I'm working on the chapter right now, Ish is giving me helpful feedback.

Dana

12. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    This is great, to my shame i have only just discovered this fic! Really great job! I can't wait to see what Kyp does!

PHGS Weyr

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks!

Chapter 11 is done, but I'm not going to post it until tomorrow. There's definitely going to be a chapter 12. Wooo!

Dana

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh I loved it!!! =D=

It was tense and the countdown only made it more so.

But how could you leave us hanging :_| ... I feel like I just watched an episode of 24!

Please...please more soon. [face_praying]

FL @};-

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Gyah!!!! Dana, no!!!!!!! Evil, evil cliffie! Kyp's back and Jaina's going through with it... Han, stop her!

Awesome post, dudette. Great to see this back. :D Now we need more to resolve the cliffie!

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    LOL! This does not have Keifer Sutherland in it!

Next chapter tomorrow!

Just wait. [face_devil]

Dana

17. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Just found this and it's AWESOME! Can you PM me? Please?

And Jacen was right; a blow to the head can do wonders...:rolleyes:

~Jaina

18. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Oh, yay, this fic was updated.[face_dancing]

You don't know how happy you make me, Dantana.[face_blush]

Great chapter, please add me to the pm list!

Oh, and UP!:p

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I've added you to the list. :D

It's Kyp; concussive maintenance might be the only answer. :p

Thank you! I'm glad you like this story, it's one of my favourites.

You've been added to the list.

Dana

20. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Wow I don't know what to say. I'm tetering on the edge her.

I have to say though that I'm kinda expecting a speeder to come crashing into the middle of the wedding.

Can't wait to see what you have planned.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002

Heh, thanks. No speeders, but there's some wedding crashing in store.

22. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    No, but it does have Kyp Durron!!! [face_love] =P~

FL @};-

23. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    Finally re-read it all....because I had forgotton half of it since the last time..

:eek:
    And then you come back...with such a cliff!!
    If you keep me waiting for month again I don't know what I''l do!!

:p ..Seems like Jacen's idea to hit his head wasn't so bad after all...should have done it right away!

Great update!

pm?[face_batting]

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I've never watched 24, so I really can't compare the two. (Though I'd watch an ep if Jack got stuck in traffic for an hour.)

I had to reread before I finished writing last chapter. Heh.

I've added you to the PM list!

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    There's still more after this, don't worry.

[b]--Chapter Eleven--[/b]

Jaina's eyes scanned the large chamber as she slowly walked up the aisle on her father's arm. She didn't see Kyp. A feeling welled up in her chest that she wasn't sure whether to call disappointment, or relief. He wasn't here, and that only left her one option.

"You okay, honey?" Han whispered, somehow sensing without the Force that she still felt off-kilter. He obviously didn't believe her, but wasn't going to ask again.

"Yeah, Dad, I'm fine." She gave him a tremulous smile. "It's my wedding day, why wouldn't I be?"

Vash's face was alight at the sight of her. She focused on him and smiled, hoping that she looked as eager to be doing this as he did. Then her eyes went to her daughter, who stood beside Tenel Ka, her maid of honour. Kaylee's hair had been curled and piled up on her head, with little white flowers and green ribbons that matched her dress. Jaina smiled wider at the sight of her. Kay's disappointment that Kyp wasn't there visibly warred with her excitement at the occasion and the chance to wear her new green dress.

Han and Jaina stopped at the head of the aisle, right in front of Luke and Vash. Jaina hoped her trembling didn't show. She wanted to marry Vash. Really. She was just nervous.

Jaina stood on her toes to kiss her father's cheek through the sheer netting of her veil. "Thank you, Daddy," she whispered.

Han smiled and there were tears in his eyes. "I love you, Jaina."

He stepped back and sat next to Leia in the front row.

She turned to her uncle and her fiancé. Vash stood even taller, practically beaming as she stepped onto the dais.

Luke's blue eyes were calm, managing to look comforting and concerned at the same time. She'd never be able to figure out how he seemed to know everything. And he didn't need to [i]say[/i] anything. Her whole family thought she was making a mistake, but it was too late. Far too late. Wasn't it?

"We're gathered here today to join together two beings in matrimony," he began. "Jaina, Vash. Today, you two join hands to pledge your love for one another as you start your journey together."

In her white gloves, Jaina's palms were suddenly sweaty. What was she doing? [i]Was[/i] this the right thing for her and Kaylee? What about Kyp? And where [i]was[/i] Kyp, anyway?

"Marriage is more than the joining of two individuals," Luke continued. "It is the cornerstone on which the foundation of a family is built. Everything you do from now on will be as a unit, and you should remember that you have each other to rely on. Do not be afraid to turn to each other, to support each other."

He seemed to be looking rather significantly at Jaina, who avoided meeting his eyes.

"Jaina and Vash, please take each other by the right hand."

Vash held out his hand, and Jaina hesitated only a fraction of a second before placing her white-gloved hand in his. Luke held up a wide ribbon and tied their wrists together. Jaina remembered seeing this at several weddings in her childhood and had liked the touch. But right now, it felt strange to be tied to Vash.

"You take each other by the right hand to show that you are the right hand of each other," Luke said. "This tying of your hands symbolises your union."

He looked at the audience, and Jaina firmly kept her gaze on the ribbon around their wrists.

Was this [i]really[/i] what she wanted? Could she do this?

"If any here can provide just cause why these two should not be wed, speak now, or forever hold your peace."

A second ticked by, then two.

Jaina took a deep breath, opened her mouth-

The doors burst open, slamming against the walls with a thunderous clang, and a voice rang out. "I object!"

----------

Every head turned to the back of the chamber. Kyp Durron stood in the doorway, dressed all in black save for a burgundy shirt of an almost military style, with his standard black cape--which Jaina hadn't seen him wear at all in the last week--draped dramatically over one shoulder.

Jaina's heart suddenly