Perfect vintage figures.....

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Aaronaman, Mar 17, 2013.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I have a couple 12 backs that I have locked away (Luke, R2, Han) and I never plan on getting rid of those....my mate got confused between vintage and vintage collection and opened my ROTJ Wicket figure instead of the VC version I had just brought for my daughter hahaha oh well she loves her vintage Wicket lol
  2. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    There are certain figures that I just can't bring myself to open. Never going to sell them, but they will be in plastic 'perfection' forever. @TrakNar is right, there really is not such thing as perfection on the true vintage figures anyway whether they are MOC or not. Plus, I will never open the figures that are autographed - that goes without saying, except I just said it. :p
  3. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It really means what you mean by 'perfection'.....my loose Han Solo (small head version) that is scratched and has no weapon to me is absolutely perfect and I wouldn't swap or sell him for anything.

I've never purchased a figure just because it's rare or maybe worth something.....I collect them because I always wanted them when I was younger but couldn't get me hands on them.

I would get rid of my blue Snaggletooth figure way before I got rid of my red one just because the red one is the one I remember from my childhood.
  4. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    @Aaronaman, I definitely have purchased figures, etc. because they were rare or would be worth something, but at the same time they had to be something I actually wanted as well. I have all the original vintage figures thanks to my sister's initial love of SW, Christmas, and my parent's wallet in 1977-78. She treated those figures with such TLC that they are in remarkable beautiful condition. I could never sell them. They are like old friends - kinda like the actual characters themselves. Same thing with the Landspeeder and X-wing. We had so much fun with those when she allowed me to touch any of it under her watchful eye - yeesh, I was not in the habit of breaking our toys. I feel like it's only right that somebody treat them with the reverence that she did when she was 6 and planning her wedding with Luke. now I have them and she can touch them! :p
    Darth Venator and Aaronaman like this.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT