main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Perhaps Hasbro's taking "Attack of the Clones" too literally

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by darcphoenyx, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    That Shop Worn C-3PO sure is hard to get. That means it not a really a dissapointment rereleasing him.

I think Hasbro should rerelease
    a Qui-Gon ( Jedi Master with soft goods
    or Moisture farmer one without the poncho ) and an Ep 1 Obi Wan.
    Dunno which one.

2. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Well 3PO wasn't hard to get back in 99 or whenever.

"Hasbro's cash-cow may have been over-milked. "

"MOOOOOOOOOO! Rerelease Jango".

3. bantha_poodoo

bantha_poodoo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    these repackaging situations could yeild another freezeframe weequay

i seriously doubt hasbros about to flood the market again with "all new likeness leia". they just need o keep han, luke, leia, 3PO and the other main characters readily available in the line. look at what we've been getting ! they've been kicking ass ! if they wanna take an easy way out to appease the kids who want a new han, and this saves me from having to buy another lame-o resculpt, i'm all for it.

I personally wont be buying any of them because i have them all already.

now heres the question. if they did re-release sio bibble or TC-14, would it decrease the value of the original release? or would it always be the bibble on ep1 cards that are worth more? if so, then the value would be in the packaging and not the figure...and theres just something about that that seems really stupid

4. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    What's everyone's thoughts on Removable Helmet Vader and Snowtrooper w/Heavy Repeating Cannon?

I'm actually slightly happy with these. :)

I always liked that Vader but never got him, and another army builder isn't a bad thing to me. :)

5. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Why, is Ret Mooing at Jango?

-Yoda ;)

6. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    No comment.

As forthe Vader and the stormtrooper that appear to be actual new figures. The trooper hasa holster. And Vader looks to be completely new.

7. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    *moo's @ Ret*

[cow mooing]

-Yoda ;)

8. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Did you not see I was joking about the cash cow comment?

9. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    New? Even better. :)

10. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    When that Leia figure was out, I only saw it once at a K-Mart but I didn't have any money. I never saw it again and I was so sad because I really liked it! So I am glad that they are re-releasing it, although I would prefer getting one in the original POTF2 packaging.

11. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well for all intents and purposes, the High Council Yoda is a re-pack from the Episode I Yoda, though they did re-paint it, its still the exact same sculpt and the same chair.

And I did not see a reason to re-pack the Eeth Koth or the Teemto. That's my only real complaint about this re-packing issue. Oh yeah and the Jango re-pack is non-sense, since they flooded the market with them and are currently the HOT pegwarmer....

12. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Welcome to Hasbro post Batman. They don't have the batman line to repaint and reissue anymore so where do they turn. I hate to say it folks but get used to it. Anyone seen the green Jedi starfighter pics? hmmmmm? Starfighters just cleared out around here at $11.

The horror has only just begun!

13. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    You know, the more I think about this the more it doesn't really bother me...so long as the repacks are 1/3 or less of the releases and the OT & PT are treated equally it's fine. After all, it's good for the kids, and the collectors can just skip them.

But all that said, once again I come back to...Kamino Escape Jango...WHY?!

14. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    repacks are being done for the new collectors? ok If I was a new collector since EP2 I would want to get older figures from the actual movie card variation the were released on not a hay look all the old is new again. and for us long time collectors/fans who have been collecting for years it just as unfair to clog shelves with older figures that we had to hunt for years ago. for openers and cardded alike this is a spit in the face from hasbro at thouse of use that have put food in their childrens stomachs and roof's over their greedy heads.
    too hasbro I say not moo but squell you fat money hungry pigs sgueeeeeeelllllll for my hard earned money.

15. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    I'm personally glad theat they're re-releasing the Eeth Koth and C-3po. I'm always glad for Non-Star Jedi and have no Gold C-3PO!

16. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    ...and for us long time collectors/fans who have been collecting for years it just as unfair to clog shelves with older figures that we had to hunt for years ago...

You're a completist only because you want to be, if you think that the repacks are a waste of money, don't buy them.

After all, ultimately they're just toys...you know, for kids.

As I said this morning if 1/3 or so of the shelves winds up being repack older figures, I'm not going to be bothered by this. I have no problem giving up a few pegs of obscure characters that casual fans can't even remember. Especially since it means a little 8 year old boy who just saw SW for the first time might have a chance to pick up a Luke, Leia, & Han the very next day. Look back at the end of the POTJ line when most of the figures were collector oriented, and imagine trying to be that kid then.

Would I prefer new molds, sure...but we've already got 22 new figures and only 5 repacks coming up, not a horrible ratio. The ones they have chosen to repack are decent sculpts to begin with, so it's not like the 5 they're putting back are junk. This is also just the beginning of the year, we've got the Clone Wars figures to look forward to as well with plenty of new stuff (even if some of the vehicles are also repaints). Considering this is a non-movie year I see no reason to be disappointed with this.

17. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I actually never saw the 3PO, Maul, or Leia figures the first time they were released. So if they are good and I see them I may pick them up. I also need a new Han. The newest Han figure I have is either the Death Star Cinema Scene one with him in Stormtrooper disguise or the one that came with the Jabba figure. So I am lacking good Han figures.

18. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Rebelscum has a story up about new additions to the Wal-Mart system which indicate a new Vader & Luke repack. I spotted it earlier when looking at the case assortments for the new waves.

Any thoughts on which two these might be?

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Wow, a new Luke and Vader. Glad to see they're not trying to be original and give us characters from the films that have never been produced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.