main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Perhaps you guys can help....

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediRaanic, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Well I want to get a Jedi outfit for Halloween, parties, Star Wars events, everyday use, etc. and I have no idea where to start. I have consulted the custom lightsaber thread and I'll probably be getting one for Christmas, but I need the costume to finish the outfit...

Where should I go to buy one, build one, what? Ant help would be great!!

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    As idarii for advice. She makes a wicked good costume.

3. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hi raanic

i just finished my own jedi robes after 2 and a half months of alot of sewing and cursing :p i would be very happy to help you - and anyone else - if you are interested in making some robes. i'll have pictures of mine up soon (i'll be picking them up tonight) and so yeah.

be prepared for alot of work if you're planning on making the whole thing from scratch. but it is so worth it in the end :)

and thank you tony for the compliment :) i'm glad you liked the costume :)

4. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    errr....hmmm...well I so happy for the advice, thanks a ton! :) However, I have never really sewn anything in my life, let alone a whole costume...is there anywhere I can get one maybe? ?[face_plain]

5. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I've heard of different costume and tailor shops that will do a custom job if you can explain it to them in enough detail. It shouldn't be too hard for robes.

I'll ask around, I know some people who are supposedly looking for Jedi costumes.

6. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Well I bought my Jedi costume from a place called Katarra Kreations,but that was around the time of TPM & I've heard a rumor that they might have stopped,I don't know.If they are still doing it it's worth the price(total for mine with boots & sabre was close to $1000)they do great work.Hope I can help.

7. Cailinn-Sarr

Jul 23, 2001
  8. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    Wow...that looks great! How much do you think it would be without the saber?

9. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    top looking robes, but why is harry potter next to you? :D wheres the lightsaber?

10. Cailinn-Sarr

Jul 23, 2001
    Well the actual costume was about $600 & change,the boots were about $200 & the sabre w/ belt was about $200.the sabre is on my left side just barely visible.Harry is actually "VLamidala" from the forums & the other honey(lol) is "StarfromIHJ" as Buffy.We just felt like wearing costumes that day. :D

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    the total cost for mine was about $200 for everything, maybe slightly less. anyway if you're intimidated by the sewing, i can help you or teach you or collaborate or whatever. i've got a machine if you don't - it makes things much easier. did you see my costume? i'm on the right.

12. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    Well I am currently at school in Western MA but durring the summer I am hope on the cape. I know you said you live in Providence(or close to it) so that's like right in the middle....if you are willing to make it that may work....if not I'll probably just buy one off of this site:

Outfit

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hmmmm lots of pleather you will need, i think ;)

well let me know what works for you. i'll give my advice and help if needed. i feel like an expert now that i've conquered the jedi robes mwaha

14. JediRaanic

Nov 23, 2001
    hehe....well I was looking for something similar to Anakin's like in that link minus all the pleather....

15. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    hmmm.....there are websites that can custom make costumes but I'm not sure if lucasfilm shut them down yet.

16. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    idarii you should sell your services :)
    BTW all the costumes you guys have look great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.