main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Perilious Days: Luke/Vader/surprises- between ESB and ROTJ *COMPLETED* SFFA Winner- Best Non-Human

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    DISCLAIMER: I own NOTHING! It all belongs to George Lucas, and I?m getting no money for it, so don?t sue.

This is a little plot-bunny that popped into my head and refused to be silenced. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a short story, but ya never know. I could give a summary, but it would likely ruin the plot. Anyway, if you're so inclined, read and PLEASE review- Yes, I'm a feedback junkie!

Perilious Days: Luke/Vader/surprises- between ESB and ROTJ

Chapter 1
    Enemies and allies unknown

"You know, you never talk about your father anymore? I don't mean to pry, but you use to say he was the reason you were fighting this war."

"Things change, Tycho. It's really not all that important, at least not anymore."

"OK, I'm sorry to pry, Luke."

"You weren't prying, and there is no need to apologize, Tycho. My father was... He was the best star-pilot in the galaxy, a cunning warrior, an indulgent man,...and a good friend to those who knew him. I'm pretty sure that he was a good husband also, but I can't explain how I know that."

"It must hurt, not having really known him, I mean?"

"Yes and no, and it's more no these days."

Tycho Celchu gave his friend, Luke Skywalker, a sympathetic look. Something about Luke had changed since the battle of Hoth. Tycho didn't know what had happened to his commanding officer since the evacuation, but it must have been bad, worse than the simple loss of his hand. There was a new maturity to his friend and commanding officer, but Tycho sensed it had come with a high price.

"I don't suppose you want to talk about it, Luke?"

"Not really, and even if I did there isn't much to say." Luke wasn't a man who enjoyed lying, but he just couldn't talk about Bespin, not yet.

"Well, if you change your mind, just let me know," Tycho said as he finished off the remains of his drink.

Luke nodded as he took another sip of his caf. He had come to Perilious with his friend and fellow Rogue squadron member, Tycho Celchu, in search a rumored Imperial defector. The two men had been on the urban, outer rim world for three days, and still there was no sign of the rumored defector. Tycho, himself an Imperial defector, sensed a trap, but Luke just seemed far away.

Suddenly, something in the air whispered a warning. Luke's head snapped up, his eyes quickly scanning the crowded cantina. His mechanical hand slipped down to his hip, his fingers sliding over his holstered blaster pistol. He couldn't tell what, but something was wrong, very wrong. A commotion erupted in a far corner of the cantina and in seconds both he and Tycho were on their feet. Turning their small table on its side, the two Rogues crouched behind its meager protection as blaster shots rang out.

Luke finally spotted the source of the disturbance. A short, gray-skinned alien was firing at a small contingent of men, all of whom were human. He watched wide-eyed as the small, but fierce looking creature picked off one man after another. The fire-fight lasted only mere moments with the gray-skinned alien emerging the victor. As quickly as it had begun, it was over. Not bothering with explanations, the small alien ducked into the shadows and slipped out of the cantina. Luke and Tycho shared a confused glance before rising from behind their table.

"Well, that was different," a bewildered Tycho stated.

"This was about us," Luke replied in a distracted tone.

"What do mean, Luke?"

"A feeling in the Force, that's all. I think that...I think that creature was protecting us."

"Protecting us?" Tycho raised a questioning eyebrow in Luke's direction, begging for an explanation.

"I can't explain it, Tycho, but I think that little creature just saved our lives."

"Well, whatever the case; he's gone now. Too bad to, I'd have offered to buy him a drink for his trouble," Tycho said trying to mask his confusion with humor.

"We should get going before the authorities, such as they are here, show up and start asking questions we can't answer."

"I'm with you, Commander,

2. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Ohhh this is fun :D

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, how very, very cool to see the Noghri! It makes sense that Vader would utilize their services to guard his son. I cannot wait to see what is next. This should be very interesting! Great job!

4. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    This is going to be a great one! Can't wait!

5. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Did he fail in protecting Amidala, twenty years ago?
    Vader must have been very forgiving.

6. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR MESSAGE: Yay, I got feedback!! OK, I will be explaining what our Noghri friend did. However, if you want the full (2 posts) story, I have a suggestion. I had a story early on that I had to stop, because of DRL. Anyway, it's rough but for the whole backstory to this fic you can go here... The Guardian of clan Vader

Alixen: Ohhh this is fun

I hope you like it, and thanks for the review!

VaderLVR64: Oh, how very, very cool to see the Noghri! It makes sense that Vader would utilize their services to guard his son. I cannot wait to see what is next. This should be very interesting! Great job!

Thanks! I love the Noghri, to. :D A new post will be here tonight or tommorow.

LukesTheMan: This is going to be a great one! Can't wait!

Thanks a bunch. :) I hope to live up to expectations.

VadeyFan2002: Did he fail in protecting Amidala, twenty years ago?
    Vader must have been very forgiving.

He is very forgiving, as for how he failed- all will be revealed in time. Or you can always visit the link above. ;)

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR NOTE: I just want to reiterate that Kohvrekhar's backstory can be found in more detail by clicking the link above. ;)

Chapter 2
    The Young Lord

"Skywalker lives, Your Highness, but that is only temporary."

"It makes no difference to me, Xizor. Skywalker will live to serve me, or he will not. No matter the outcome, I shall emerge the only true victor. Mark my words, My Friend, I will have Skywalker's service or his life before this year is up."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The street was filthy, and a foul smelling wind blew pieces of litter down its length. The midday sun shone brightly above, heating the city to an unreasonable degree. Anyone, well anyone not from Tatooine, would have found the city's heat oppressive. Two pairs of blue eyes scanned the street, hoping to find someone out of place. Vagrants of every conceivable species lined both sides of the street, and all seemed to belong here. Well, as much as anyone belonged in a place like this, the two blue-eyed men both mused to themselves.

Never the less, Luke Skywalker and Tycho Celchu checked every being carefully. Alliance high command had received a tip that the Imperial defector they sought could be found here. It took nearly an hour to weed through the various vagrants, but there was no sign of the rumored defector.

Tycho looked at Luke and shrugged his shoulders. "I'd say that tip was worth about as much as Imperial credits in these parts."

"Agreed. I don't know what's going on, but I think we've wasted enough of our time. We've searched for this defector for three days on our own, and now we have followed up this so-called tip. I should be out trying to track down that bounty hunter, Boba Fett, not here chasing my tail."

"You're not the only one chasing their tail, Luke, but you've got a point. I'd rather be in the cockpit doing what I do best, not sneaking around like some kind of intelligence operative. We're Rogues, starfighter pilots not spies."

Luke nodded in silent agreement as the two men left the crumbling street for the city's main thoroughfare. As they made their way back to docking bay seventy-five, where their X-wings were parked, Luke felt the sensation of being watched. He tried to casually steal glances at the surrounding area as he chatted with the unaware Tycho, but he spotted nothing. Entering the crumbling bay, Luke spotted a Trandoshan leaning against the side of his X-wing.

A moment later Tycho's eyes also came to rest on the Trandoshan, his annoyance flared at the sight. "Do you mind getting your scales off my friend's ship? We were just leaving, you see."

Sensing an impending fight, Luke placed a restraining arm across his friend's chest. The Trandoshan remained leaning against the fighter, his head down and arms crossed. A long moment passed, then, in a flash, all hell broke loose. Luke shoved Tycho to the ground as blaster shots whizzed just above their heads. Drawing their blaster pistols, both Rogues fired from the docking bay's dirt floor. Exposed and facing enemies who had appeared from all sides, Luke and Tycho were in a very bad position. Scrambling for cover, the Rogues dove behind a stack of plastoid crates. Tycho counted twenty adversaries as he and Luke continued to exchange fire with the determined mob.

"Any idea how we're gonna get out of this mess, Commander?"

"I'm working on it," Luke replied through clenched teeth.

The sound of metal striking metal snapped Luke's gaze behind him. A thermal detonator bounced off the wall not more than a meter from them, and rolled still closer. Luke screamed, and the two Rogues jumped from behind their shelter an instant before the detonator exploded.

Luke's eyes opened slowly, his vision clouded. He could hear Tycho grunting nearby, and shifted his gaze until he located him. From what he could make out, his friend was being beaten rather badly by the Trandoshan they had first noticed. Luke attempted to raise his head from the ground, but a hand quickly sho

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "You are the son of Lord Vader; no simple diversion could succeed in taking your life." Kohvrekhar's tone made it clear that he thought Luke's claim of vulnerability to be utterly ridiculous.

I love his utter faith in the Vader family! This is an extremely cool story! VERY, VERY good. I can't wait to see what comes next. Vader is just SO Vader in this, I love it!

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    VaderLVR64: I love his utter faith in the Vader family! This is an extremely cool story! VERY, VERY good. I can't wait to see what comes next. Vader is just SO Vader in this, I love it!

I'm glad you're enjoying reading this as much as I'm enjoying writing it. :D Yep, our Noghri friend is very trusting when it comes to clan Vader. Thanks for the compliment about characterization of Vader. :)

10. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I agree with VaderLVR, your characterization of Vader is perfect! I love this story, but I've always had a soft spot for the Noghri, I've loved them since I first read about them. Looking forward to the next post.

11. Shadowlurker

Shadowlurker Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    Very cool story! Can't wait for more.

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AnakinsHeir: I agree with VaderLVR, your characterization of Vader is perfect! I love this story, but I've always had a soft spot for the Noghri, I've loved them since I first read about them. Looking forward to the next post.

Thanks! I'm having fun writing Vader- I've never really done it before. I've used this particular Noghri in a few fics, so I'm glad you're enjoying him in this one. :)

Shadowlurker: Very cool story! Can't wait for more.

Ah, more reviewers- how very cool! I'm starting work on the new post tonight, so I'd say not too long before it arrives here. ;)

13. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    As VaderLVR64 said the faith in Luke is wonderful, as is the fact that he confused Luke so nicely with his immediate agreement to go and rescue Tycho as the will of Luke clan Vader :p

Lovely diversion, throw a thermal detonator at the people you?re protecting. :)

14. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Interesting story JDH3!

I'm enjoying your use of the Noghri as Vader's servant to protect Luke. I also like his reaction to the 'Young Lord' :)

15. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    _JM_: As VaderLVR64 said the faith in Luke is wonderful, as is the fact that he confused Luke so nicely with his immediate agreement to go and rescue Tycho as the will of Luke clan Vader

Lovely diversion, throw a thermal detonator at the people you?re protecting.

I'm very happy people are enjoying the Noghri/Luke interaction- yay me lol! 8-}

Ya, I thought people might like the Noghri's idea of how to keep Luke "safe."

BTW: Thanks for the review!

tangled_sphere: Interesting story JDH3!

I'm enjoying your use of the Noghri as Vader's servant to protect Luke. I also like his reaction to the 'Young Lord'

Thanks! I agree, after all, what good are minions if you don't use them? Ah, more fans of the Young Lord and "his" servant- very cool. :D

16. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Very interesting plot! I'll be keeping an eye on this ;)

17. LukeAnaSkywalker

LukeAnaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2003
    Wow! I love fics like this. I hope they get to a living Tycho Celchu. I'll be definitely keeping an eye on this one. I wonder if the failure might have been a certain Nubian senator.

18. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Ana_Labris: Very interesting plot! I'll be keeping an eye on this

Glad you think so, and welcome aboard. :)

LukeAnaSkywalker: Wow! I love fics like this. I hope they get to a living Tycho Celchu. I'll be definitely keeping an eye on this one. I wonder if the failure might have been a certain Nubian senator.

I am glad you like it, and, yes, I hope they get to Tycho, to. As for the Noghri's failure... I posted a link above that explain it in more detail. I'll explain it here, but if you're really curious the link is a few posts up. ;)

BTW: A new post is coming tonight! I am going to be keeping them a bit short so that I can post them more quickly.

19. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Chapter 3
    Motivations

Green eyes scanned the horizon in a desperate attempt to find something that would lead to inner peace. It had been so very long since had felt anything even bordering on contentment. The sun had dipped below the horizon and a cool evening breeze had swept into the city, refreshing its many inhabitants. Night was generally a busy time on Perilious; criminals always did their best work under cover of darkness. Perilious lacked many things, but criminal activity was not among them. Was this what his life had come to, now? He had switched allegiances more times than he cared to count, and now... Xizor, he was helping the dark prince, the head of the Black Sun. He shook his head in disgusted wonder at the thoughts that plagued his mind.

He had fought for the Separatist during the Clone Wars, believing them to be morally superior. Later, he had served as a proud Imperial- anyone who called the Jedi their enemy couldn't be all bad. Now, however, he was the Alliance's highest-ranking officer on Perilious. It was only by chance that he had attended an Imperial gala at the same time as Prince Xizor. Still greater chance had lead him to overhear Xizor discussing the young Rebel, Skywalker. When he heard the Rebel referred to as Vader's son, that had sealed his decision. Deciding that he hated the father, Anakin, more than his wretched offspring, he had defected to the Alliance at the first available opportunity.

He had no love for anyone bearing the Skywalker name, but to think he had served a government who's second most powerful figure was... No, he couldn't bring himself to consider the matter further. The whole affair was too distasteful to dwell on any longer than necessary. He would serve the Alliance and see to it that Anakin Skywalker's empire turned to dust. But, for now, he served another, yes, he served Xizor. He would purge the galaxy of the Skywalker menace once and for all. He would kill Luke Skywalker, and when that was done he and the Alliance would end his father's reign as well.

"Sir, our operatives have located Skywalker traveling east from docking bay seventy-five," one of his lieutenants said to his, still turned, back.

Never turning away from the large, transparisteel window, Teemish replied. "That is good news, Lieutenant. See to it that Skywalker is retrieved and brought here. It's not safe to be on these streets alone at night, you know. After that unfortunate incident in the docking bay, I've been very concerned for the Commander's well-being."

"Yes, Sir, I understand that. Um, about that incident, Sir."

Teemish quirked a dark eyebrow, "Yes, what is it?"

"Those hired thugs did manage to capture Captain Celchu, Sir. But, there is evidence that Commander Skywalker is not alone, as we first feared."

"Well, that is good news," Teemish did his best to bite back his sarcasm.

"Yes, Sir!" The young lieutenant's joyous reply was enough to make Teemish's stomach lurch ever so slightly.

"I trust you will handle Skywalker's retrieval personally, Lieutenant?"

"Yes, Sir. I would be honored to insure the safety of one the Alliance's greatest heroes."

"Very well, Lieutenant, you may carry on. Dismissed."

Alone again, General Rhett Teemish continued to stare out the window, his face a blank slate. Soon the galaxy would be rid of Luke Skywalker, soon he would have his first taste of revenge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Teemish; the name rose like bile in the Dark Lord's throat. If only he had slain him all those years ago, his son would be safe now. It had been those two pleading brown orbs that had forced Anakin Skywalker to spare Teemish's life. Damn her and her idealistic ways! He had seen the danger posed by sparing the traitor's life, but she had been so very adamant. She had done it to save his soul, the soul of the man she... No, he wanted no part of those memories now. Those memories belonged to another, to a lesser, a weaker man, not a Dark Lord of the Sith. He would claim his son and his long ov

20. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    General Teemish sounds like a rather complex person. I feel rather sorry for him as he has been fairly consistent in his hatred for the Jedi but the Galaxy has kept on changing around him.
    Join the Empire and purge the Jedi because you hate them is not a noble motivation but to then have to defect to the Rebellion because you discover the Jedi you hate the most is the second in command of the Empire is most inconvenient for him to have to do. :)

Sounds like a good plan he has though it might have been better the other way around, let Luke help them tear down the Empire and then kill him rather than kill Luke first.

Enjoyed:

"Yes, Sir!" The young lieutenant's joyous reply was enough to make Teemish's stomach lurch ever so slightly.

As well as Vader trying so hard to deny that he was once, and in some essential ways still is, Anakin Skywalker.

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Teemish; the name rose like bile in the Dark Lord's throat. If only he had slain him all those years ago, his son would be safe now. It had been those two pleading brown orbs that had forced Anakin Skywalker to spare Teemish's life. Damn her and her idealistic ways! He had seen the danger posed by sparing the traitor's life, but she had been so very adamant. She had done it to save his soul, the soul of the man she... No, he wanted no part of those memories now. Those memories belonged to another, to a lesser, a weaker man, not a Dark Lord of the Sith. He would claim his son and his long overdue revenge, no one would stop him this time. Shutting out the events of "his" past, Darth Vader plunged his mind ever deeper into the power of the darkside.

Well, it is getting more compliated now, isn't it? Seems to me that Vader is still having a bit of trouble with the Anakin inside. Good! Teemish, I think I feel a bit sorry for him but I'm not sure yet. Great story, and just keeps getting better and more complex. WONDERFUL job!

22. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Most interesting.. *patiently waits for more*

23. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    _JM_: General Teemish sounds like a rather complex person. I feel rather sorry for him as he has been fairly consistent in his hatred for the Jedi but the Galaxy has kept on changing around him.
    Join the Empire and purge the Jedi because you hate them is not a noble motivation but to then have to defect to the Rebellion because you discover the Jedi you hate the most is the second in command of the Empire is most inconvenient for him to have to do.

Teemish does have a habit of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 8-} I would agree his motivations are many things, but noble isn't one of them.

Sounds like a good plan he has though it might have been better the other way around, let Luke help them tear down the Empire and then kill him rather than kill Luke first.

I think he would have done it that way if not for two things. First Luke, with Xizor's plotting, fell right into his lap. And second, Vader is widely hated, even by Imperials, so he's an easier target. Luke, however, will be a hero if and when the Empire falls. In short, Luke will be much harder to kill in the long term.

Enjoyed:

As well as Vader trying so hard to deny that he was once, and in some essential ways still is, Anakin Skywalker.

Thanks! I also liked that little back and forth with Teemish. As for Vader- you hit the nail right on the head. Thanks for the review.

VaderLVR64: Teemish; the name rose like bile in the Dark Lord's throat. If only he had slain him all those years ago, his son would be safe now. It had been those two pleading brown orbs that had forced Anakin Skywalker to spare Teemish's life. Damn her and her idealistic ways! He had seen the danger posed by sparing the traitor's life, but she had been so very adamant. She had done it to save his soul, the soul of the man she... No, he wanted no part of those memories now. Those memories belonged to another, to a lesser, a weaker man, not a Dark Lord of the Sith. He would claim his son and his long overdue revenge, no one would stop him this time. Shutting out the events of "his" past, Darth Vader plunged his mind ever deeper into the power of the darkside.

Well, it is getting more compliated now, isn't it? Seems to me that Vader is still having a bit of trouble with the Anakin inside. Good! Teemish, I think I feel a bit sorry for him but I'm not sure yet. Great story, and just keeps getting better and more complex. WONDERFUL job!

Yep, I have a tendancy towards complexity- it's a curse lol! You're right about Vader, of course. One of the major problems being that Teemish is more Anakin's enemy than an enemy of Vader. Interesting that people seem to have some sympathy for Teemish...

Ana_Labris: Most interesting.. *patiently waits for more*

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. :)

BTW: More will probably be up later tonight.

24. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    This is a great story, I love seeing the wonderful Noghri! I can't wait for more!

25. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    LukesTheMan: This is a great story, I love seeing the wonderful Noghri! I can't wait for more!

Thanks, and more is right around the corner. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.