main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Perry Meadows Haunt 2007

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JaceMardu, Aug 13, 2007.

1. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    I talked to Shane O'Neill recently. For those that don't know him he does a big haunted house up in Rio Rancho. This will be the 9th year for it. For the last few years they have asked us to come be part of it and it has been a blast. We do crowd control and just do whatever. He does it for charity donations so it is a good cause also. I don't have dates yet from him but it's usually a few days in October. He does some early days for the local schools to come and walk through it. He definitely wants us to come back this year so if you can please be available. I'll post dates as soon as I get some from him. It's good exposure for the group and a lot of fun!

It's usually cold, this is a good thing!

More to follow.

Oct 27th (Sat) 6:30 to 9:30
    Oct 31st (Wed) 6:30 to 9:30

Attendants:

Oct 27th
    Frank (Vader)
    Jackie (Snowie)
    SithLordAaron (something scary)
    Sean (Stealth)

maybe:
    Fathom33

Oct 31st
    SithLordAaron (something scary)

maybe:
    Fathom33

2. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Cold means you might bust out the wookiee, right?

3. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    I'm thinking the predator again. The wookiee isn't all that scary.

4. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    Oh. That makes sense.

5. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    So does your face! [face_plain]

6. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    Is that where you wanna be when Jesus comes back? Making fun of people? [face_shame_on_you]

7. fathom33

fathom33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    I am hoping we make it out for this year's Haunt. We always have fun...

Hello everyone- by the way...

8. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Heya Jenna, long time no see! How ya been?

9. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Got some dates from Shane.

Oct 27th (Sat) 6:30 to 9:30
    Oct 31st (Wed) 6:30 to 9:30

If anyone can help out or would just like to go hang out you are more than welcome to. It's a fun time! Scary costumes a plus!!!! He usually can use extra people to work in the haunted house and he will dress you up for it. They have make-up artists on hand.

10. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    You know I'll be there. I'm working on a surprise for one of the nights.

11. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Will that surprise involve popcorn?

12. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Will it involve a Dallas Cowboys thong and pasties? [face_batting]

13. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    It might invlove either. Or neither. Or both.

14. DarthFrank777

DarthFrank777 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    James, Put me down for October 27th, I had a blast last year scaring the tar out of people as Darth in the back room lol.

Frank

15. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    K, I'll update the first post with info.

16. PalKat

PalKat Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey you all!!!

SithLordArron...can't wait to see your surprise!!

Thought i would let you all know...93.3kob FM is another new sponsor for us and they are confirmed to be broadcasting from the haunt Saturday night and possibly Halloween night!! meaning im sure you guys might get some air time!!! ;)

Can't wait...will be great to see you all again!!! a year goes by sooo dang fast!

James thanks for all your support/help!

Shane.
    www.perrymeadowshaunt.com
    www.myspace.com/perrymeadowshaunt

17. PalKat

PalKat Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey you guys!!!

We are getting an incredible amount of response this year for tv and radio wanting to cover us and we even have a few side shows that will be bringing local/nation coverage!

So i thought i would share our latest email to you all (i know i will bore you all LOL) seriously i hope to see some of you on sat and Halloween nights, you guys have become part of our tradition and that is beyond words!! I get a LOT and i mean A LOT of emails from people asking what nights you all will be here...i tell them "Mosalba is set to be here both nights but we don't know who will be here what nights so drop by both if you can"

I say this as you guys are pushing 3 years and my visitors think your part of it, that is KOOL i hope/look forward to see you all again either or both nights!!!

Thanks for all your time and support!!!
    Shane!!!!

-----

Email sent Oct 15th 2007:
    Subject: Were getting more coverage....
    Msg:

Tonight i was contaced by the local CW tv station as they picked our haunt (Perrymeadows Haunt) as the featured TO DO ATTRACTION for end of october and if they could run advertisements along with web promotoin. That mean this year we got 93.3 KOB FM (radio) CW (tv) asking to promote us based on our reputation over the years on top of our tv commercials from CableOne and Hot Things to do through AOL Digital Cities.

This is so exciting as for a haunt to get any POSITIVE coverage is hard and for these venues to ask us to let them promote us is huge!!!

We are excited and still pay all this to our GENEROUS sponsors and patrons over the past 8 years!!!! (we hope to reveal a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT about our tenth year next year very soon too!!!!!)

Pass on the word of us!!!

you can see what our advertisers put online for us at the following urls:

93.3KOB FM: http://www.kobfm.com/goout.asp?u=/article.asp?id=486187 (were the 2nd one down)
    New Mexicos CW TV : http://www.newmexicoscw.tv/SectionPage.aspx?navbar=659 (were the 5th one down though they said they will move us to the top soon)

Of course our TV commercials are available online at www.perrymeadowshaunt.com

And our yearly interview on Good Morning Canada (Canada's version of Good Morning America)

Shane.
    Drop By Saturday 27th as Tony Chapparo will do an under water escape and the Mosalba Troops will be in full force!!!!
    Come on in Wed Oct 31st for the best Halloween Experience and best trick or treating in New Mexico!!!!

18. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Very cool stuff Shane!
    This'll be my third year trooping out there and I'm really looking forward to it.
    I will be there on Sat. night for sure.