main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

persistent newb

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by oppaizombie, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oppaizombie

oppaizombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    My hello is actually a call for help.

I found myself here for a reason. That reason being a search for information; information concerning Star Wars. Terminology and nomenclature, to be precise. Terminology and nomenclature pertaining to the technology of Star Wars, to be even more accurate.

I want to write in the Star Wars universe, but without a grasp on what every thing is called, etc, I will never start. I know this about myself.

So, are there any Roleplayer handbooks/manuals I can get/buy that would help me with this? Also, I know of the novels, comics, etc. Are there any series one might recommend in reading to help ascertain that information?

I do not intend to come across as demanding. I apologize in advance if that is so, and understand there may/will be protocol to follow. Which I will, of course, follow with dedication.

All I really want is to learn the terminology so that I feel prepared in writing Star Wars characters and stories. So I wait for teachers or friendly people to point me in the right direction.

As for my deliberate diction and tone, I am simply just eager. And eagerness tends to make one forget propriety; though I hope I have not come across as disagreeable or incivil.

After all of that I will say hello again, and go as far as to hope to meet many pleasureful people and acquaintances during my stay.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to our forum, Oppaizombie! :)

So you want to write a FanFic about SW? Then I suggest to visit FanFic. There you can find various boards about various time periods of SW and the stories that belong to those periods. There's als a board called FanFic Resource, which will be very helpful to you, because there you can get all the information you need to write a good story. :)

About books you might need... That is hard to answer, because there are millions of SW books out there and there are lot of details about everything, so the best thing I can suggest is to take a deeper look at FanFic Resource and to take a look at a book store (maybe an online store). I'm sure you can find tons of SW books. Then you have to find out which books you need and which not. :)

Maybe it helps as well if you read the threads in SW Films Boards. The more you read the more you find out and the deeper you get into the SW univers. ;)

I hope you enjoy reading all the books, threads and FanFics. :)

Good luck on your own story and enjoy your stay! :D

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Definitely visit the FanFic sections linked above. I assume you have seen all 6 films, so if you want to start reading for familiarization, why not start with the novels of the films? You might want to read them in film order:
    ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC. For RoTS, I would suggest reading Labyrinth of Evil prior to the RoTS novel as it is a lead-in to the events of RoTS. I know there is an omnibus edition that includes ANH, ESB, and RoTJ as I have it.

I also suggest taking a look at this thread in Literature. It is a guide to the books and comics and a general 'where do I start?' thread.

4. oppaizombie

oppaizombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2006
    Excellent, excellent. I will give the FanFic section a good perusing over, then. Thank you both, Skiara and LAJ_Fett, for your advice. It is most appreciated and I shall endeavour now to begin finding the novelizations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.