main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Persona

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Penguinator, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Character sheets

Name: Dirk Gently (no relation)

Personality: Laid Back, gambling addiction, drinking addiction, chain smoker, broke and in-turn cheap.

Appearance: http://www.grovel.org.uk/reviews/hellbl03/hellbl03.jpg
    Armament: Black Italian SwitchBlade, 2-shot Ankle Pistol 9 mil., Shoulder holstered Glock 21 .45 mil.

Bio:

Born in Los Angles to a powerful attorney and a Stay at home Work-aholic, Dirk was raised mostly by his nanny. He was always a sly child, and by age 20 had made a small fortune as a con artist.

By 30 he'd lost it all, including the remainder of his trust fund, to poor gambling decisions and his addictions. He was broke, wanted dead by many people, and hovered in a boozy haze untill around 37. A few AA meetings, and he got his P.I. License after a year sober...not consecutive days...but a year total.

Using his skills he could Con a person into hiring him, and if unable to solve the case, he could con the person into thinking it had been "solved". Over course, every made up thing he tried some how ended up being pretty close to the truth.

As he aged, he solved more cases, and "solved" less. But still maintained his Con Artist tricks of the trade to furthor his goals. He two had been at the party that night, but regrettibly could remeber little after his ninth glass of Old Janx Spirit, a little less than a half hour into the proceedings. The events of the night before were as, if not more, mysterious to him as they were to the others.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    London/O'Shea

O'Shea laughed.

"Thank you, lass! What motive did I have?" he said, turning to London.

London reached into his back pocket, and took out a small, yellow container. He twisted the top off, and shook out a lone pill, popping it in his mouth. He swallowed, and blinked as the medication kicked in.

"The tatoo on your upper left arm. Irish Republican, if I'm not mistaken. And the body at the stairs is Sir Richard Cheseler." he drawled.

O'Shea reddened. "I ain't no IRA soldier, okay, Detective?"

Tag: All

3. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    IC:Zelda Zeppelin

She nodded. "yes. you may have something there-but-many people get tattoos just for the look, raisings, or just their own taste in design. and with that I can speak for myself." She rolled up her sleeve to show many tattoos.
    "any other ideas as to why he may have murdered this man? because at the moment I don't believe a tattoo is sufficient evidence to put him under arrest at the moment. A warrant to search him over maybe, but not an arrest."

TAG:detectives/Irishman

4. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Dirk Gently

Elvis music blarred through speakers that seemed to be the only working electronics in a horribly aging Cadillac Convertable. It appeared to have once been pink, but time had taken it's toll on the vechicle, it now was a dull reddish, mottled with primer grey and steel peering through dented portions of the body. It rumbled into the drive, officers all around stopping to stare at it, and ponder the meaning of it's ELV LVS license plate.

Or the more informed the officers, to ponder what in the world Private Investigator Dirk Gently was doing there.

The skiny, pale man stepped from the vechicle, lighting a new cigarette with the still smoldering butt of the one in his mouth, the taking a light sip from a flask he quickly stuffed into his pocket.

"Get outta here Gently, this ain't a place for a Con Artist!" someone called out, but quickly hushed as another officer hurried from the house.

"Mr. Gently, this way please." the man said, ushering him into the house, leaving him to respond to the insult with a rude gesture.

Gently hurried past the dead body of the man whom had been his host only the night before, and into the kitchen, where an Irishman struggled in a chair and cursed the lot of them.

"Sorry I'm late...I would have been here on time but you didn't expect it and I hate to disappoint other's expectations. So, you think this one did it?" he said, pointing to the man tied to the chair.

5. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"okay-so my ideas mean squat!" She muttered to herself as the new investigator made his way in and asked if there was suspicions that the Irishman was the convict they were looking for.
    "so-within this small amount of time, you have already found this man guilty?"

TAG:whoever

6. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Lewis/London/O'Shea

Lewis groaned.

"Gently, please, this isn't a pulp novel, so try to take things seriously."

London looked over at the nexcomer, and blinked slowly. O'Shea roared defiantly.

"I didn't kill the blighter! That tat's old, I got the bloody thing years ago!"

"Do you have any connections with the Irish Republican Army?" asked London, his drawl suprisingly forceful.

O'Shea went red again. "Yeah, an' sure, I knew a few guys."

"Would they know anything about this murder? You weren't passing info for them?" asked Lewis, anger rising in his voice.

O'Shea said nothing for a long time. After an awkward moment, he spoke.

"Yeah, they...they might." His voice was oddly subdued. "They paid me, and they paid good. I've got mah mam to look after back home..."

Tag: Any

7. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

Well, I can be sinister-so I think maybe I can scare it outta him!
    She walked up behind him, speaking in a loud tone. "Did any of your friends have anything to do with this then?" Her long white fangs gleamed behind him.
    "Tells us which one and I'll personally make sure that you don't get charged for being an accomplice of the person who killed him! but if not-" She gnashed her fangs at him.

TAG:Irishman/anyone else

8. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Dirk Gently

"I thought I was being serious..." he muttered under his breath as the others spoke.

He took in all that was said, and politly held his tounge. He didn't think this guy did it, but, he wasn't sure that he hadn't done it himself, and if this bugger was going to take the blame than so be it. As long as he wasn't arrested...

Well, he tried to hold his tounge. Right up untill Detective Zeppelin, for lack of a better description, gnashed her fangs.

At that point, he lost it.

"I'm sorry, Zelda, but if you could refrain from snarling at the suspect I think it would be in all of our best interests. Now, Mr...eh...Irish Bloke...if you'd kindly tell us who you're friends are...and I'll see if I can talk to my buddy...the District Attorney...about you not getting deported and-or shot by own of these fine officers before you leave the room."

He smiled sweetly, meanwhile signalling the others to not mention the fact that he didn't actually know the D.A. and that the guy would probly still get shot if he was connected. Of course his signal was the wave of a hand, and he wasn't terribly good at sending complex messages through a hand wave like a Jedi or a Psychic...or Psychopath...what ever it was called.

9. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Trey Grove

Trey Grove stroaked his small black goatee with his right hand, his left hand inside the pocket of his slacks. This posture was a sort of trademark that he had established as a detective - it meant that he was in deep thought.

He surmised that six detectives weren't required to spill the truth out of a poor Irishman, so he quietly left the interrogation and walked back to the body of Sir Harold Cheseler.

He surveyed the cadeverous corpse before him. One shot in and out of the chest. Bruising on the back of his head. Slid down the stairs on his back.

Judging by the bruises on the back of his head, Trey assumed that Harold had slid down the stairs feet first. But if he was shot in the chest in front of the stairs, facing the culprit opposite the stairs, then he would have slid down the stairs head first, which would have resulted in a series of flips and turns. It was doubtful that the head would have taken that much of a beating.

Trey found the nearest CSI and strode up to him. "Excuse me," he said. "Are you sure that the bruising on the back of this man's head was the result from contact with the stairs?"

Tag: Detectives

[b]OOC:[/b] Hey Penguinator, can we get anymore details on the house? Are the stairs carpeted or wooden? How wide are the hallways? How many steps are there on the flight of stairs? Are there rails? A detective needs detail all the way to the color of the wallpaper. ;)

10. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    IC - Anki Jons

Anki left the stairwell and the body to see what was happening in the other room. She stood just outside the door, attempting not to crowd to many people into the space beyond. She stood and listened to the detectives, the police, and O'Shea. In the time she was standing there, another detective came in and one left.

She watched the one who had left go back for a closer look at the body. Examining bodies was her least favorite part of the job, especially when they were still located at the crime scene. The stench of death could be overwhelming.

She repressed a gag and turned her attention back on the interrogation. It seemed as if two detectives were arguing over the significance of a tatoo on the suspect's arm.

"Where'd you find him?" She asked the police officer who had come to inform them of the catch.

TAG: Penguinator, anyone else

11. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"well it worked once!" she backed up and leaned against the wall. listening to the debates of fellow detectives and the Irishdude.
    "well, if you didn't do it-why are you so nervous? If you didn't do it, shouldn't you be able to answer our questions without yelling or anger?"

TAG:Irishdude/anyothers

12. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC; Irish guy is named O'Shea.

London/Lewis/Wilkins

London stood up from the table he'd been leaning on.

"Let's go check the crime scene again. I think we're sure O'Shea didn't do it."

O'Shea let out a sigh of relief, and his head drooped.

"You're not off the hook, though, buddy. We'll be checking out you and your IRA friends." said Lewis, glaring at the man.

As they entered back to the foyer, the room with the grand staircase, London saw Grove speaking with Wilkins. The pudgy CSI was speaking, with a lot of "uhs" and "buts".

"Well, Detective, we're not entirely sure of anything. He could have been stabbed with a pole for all we know. But as you can see here, there's a fairly noticeable splash of blood-" he pointed to the wooden staircase, "-here, and a small chip or two in the wood."

Tag: Any

13. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    IC: Trey Grove

Trey nodded, palpably in deep thought. "Hmm."

He looked at Robert. "Judging by the bruising on the back of Cheseler's head, we could assume that he slid down the stairs on his back, feet first, right? This way, his head would have continuously hit each step on the way down. It doesn't make sense though. If he was shot in the chest, then chances are he was facing opposite the stairs at the killer. The force would have then caused him to fall backwards and go down the stairs head first, which would have resulted in a series of flips and turns, not causing all of this bruising. Something's not right here."

Tag: Robert London, detectives

14. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

She stepped over to where they were examining the body and the areas around it.
    "the chips in the wood could be from three things. It could be from where the bullet hit those places, giving off a hint that there was more than one shot. or two-that there may have been a few imperfections in the wood, where as he fell down the stairs, parts and pieces of his clothing caught and caused the damage done. But if it is the first choice-then if there is only one gunshot wound, we'd probably be looking for an ace shooter, to hit the same place on him more than once-exactly and make it look like one entrance. Yet, since you cannot find a bullet-those places could be from where his clothes caught and the bullet rests inside him. or three-the first time the murderer shot, he could have missed and taken those bullets with him as well as with the killing shot."
    She stepped over to look at the chips in the wood closely.
    "as of now, I cannot tell. but if the autopsy shows a lodged bullet inside this man-then we have two options left. And I would examine closer around these places for traces of gunpowder or anything of the sort-just to give a headstart into how many rounds were fired."
    She saw that one of them was confused about the way he had came down. She looked at the positioning as well.
    "It would depend greatly on the slope of the steps. a greater slope, the more damage would be done to him. A lesser slope would allow him to slide down with minimal injuries. Or so I would think." she looked at the others for confirmation of her thoughts.

15. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

London glanced around, nodding at the ideas.

"Well, the stairs aren't too steep. Varnish would be missing around the chip in the wood, correct? So, no varnish, it was at least one bullet."

London thought for a moment, looking around the room. Decorated with fine painting and artwork, the room had two doors on either side of the stairs at the ground floor. The stairs were about fifteen metres away from the foot of the stairs, which narrowed, ever so slightly, as one climbed up them. The railings curved in on themselves at the bottom, in a loose spiral.

As London looked around, he noticed something odd.

"A smudge on the left railing, halfway up the stairs. What's that from?"

Wilkins shrugged. "Dunno, but it must be something. We didn't see it before."

The pudgy man surged up the stairs, along with two of the forensics team. After a moment, he called down to the detectives.

"Smudged fingerprints. We may be able to get something from them."

Good, thought London.

Tag; Detectives

16. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"after all the people that may have touched that rail, you may have trouble with that-or so I'd think"

She was trying to find anything-something that might make a big gaping hole in the murderer's plans. she couldn't find nothing at the moment though.

17. _princess_leia_

Feb 23, 2004
    IC - Anki Jons

Anki was thinking for some time without contributing to the conversation. It seemed to her that it was assumed that he had slid down the stairs the way he appeared now.

"...and you said the bullet was removed from the body? Then he could have been laying face down once he came down the stairs only to be overturned when the killer came to reclaim his bullet. Something worth considering, no?"

TAG: Anyone

18. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

She thought over the newest comment.
    "you might have something there. We may never know the exact positioning of the body if the killer was to move him. HE could have been killed in a different room for all we know, then brought out here."

TAG:Whoever

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    London

"No...I don't think so...Look, his wineglass is spilt above his head."

It was true; the broken sahrds of glass glinted in the light. The smell of alcohol was barely noticeable, but there. Cheseler's face was contorted in an odd expression - guilt, surprise, It was hard to tell - but London thought he could place it. Betrayal.

" It looks like he saw it coming. Maybe he knew the killer?"

London's musings were cut short by a loud crash from the kitchen. A gun went off, and the sounds of running footsteps could be heard, followed by a scuffle. A shot came from the room, but London knew who it was.

A bleeding officer stumbled to the door, clutching his arm. "O'Shea! He's gone! The IRA!" he gasped.

Lewis was dashing around, yelling orders. The older man still knew how to get things under control.

"Get that punk back! Bring him back here!" he roared, and London drew his pistol, running to the front door.

He called Grove as he dashed past him, "Let's go!"

Tag: Grove, Others

20. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

She looked just in time to see the detectives drawing their guns. She went over to them, and put her hand on their guns.
    "no need for weapons. I can get him." She was pretty confident that she could.
    She ran out of the door, jumping down all the stairs leading towards the door. She ran out across the lawn, she was quick. After a bit of running, she caught up with the escapee.

TAG:Detectives.

21. _princess_leia_

Feb 23, 2004
    IC - Anki Jons

Anki followed a bit more slowly, but still moving quickly behind Zelda. She stayed back and let Zelda deal with O'Shea, she was only there to offer assistance if it became needed.

TAG: Detectives

22. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

The Irishman caught glimpse of her and went faster. "IT'S NO USE!" She leveled out with him and kicked his feet out from under him with a sweep.
    "ONE WORD OF ADVICE FROM ME O'SHEA-DON'T RUN!" She pulled him up front the ground.
    "now, you're coming back with me. You won't be going anywhere. You certainly have charges against you know."

TAG:detectives

23. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    O'Shea/London

"That's where you're wrong, Detective," spat the Irishman.

Gunfire erupted from hedges around Cheseler's mansion. Bullets spat in barely noticeable flashes from invisble gunmen. Wearing black in the black of night did that to you. The gunmen, IRA commandos, had barely just arrived when O'Shea made his escape. And they meant business.Bullets peppered around the ground near Zeppelin and O'Shea.

London's Colt spat a response as he dove to the hedges. "Zeppelin, get down!" he called. Soft cover was better than no cover. He hoped Grove was behind him. A bullet whized through the bushes next to him. He rolled as far away from it as his shelter would allow. Popping up, he yanked on the trigger three times. Three to go, then reload, he reminded himself. London scrambled away, behind a fountain by the driveway. The gunmen were mostly coming from the west, to his left, if he faced the road from his position.

"O'Shea!" cried an accented voice. London could only take cover as O'Shea ran past him, the gunfire centred on his position behind the fountain. The punk had the nerve to smile as he ran to his brothers in arms! London popped from behind cover, walking smoothly to the house. Bullets whizzed past, but he moved calmly, surely, and his gun spat at the attackers. He had three shots, and two were aimed at O'Shea and his nearest comrade. The third wasn't needed.

But in seconds, a lone IRA soldier had dashed around to the house, cutting off London's source of safety. The black-clad warrior levelled his gun at London, an MP5.

London spun, ducking, and pulled the trigger. Click.

"Oh, f-"

Gunfire erupted from the MP5. London rolled left, closer to safety, but he knew it wouldn't last long. He needed help. With a horrifying glance arund the grounds, he saw that he and Zeppelin were the only ones around. The other officers were pinned down at various problem spots; the hedges, the doorway...So London ran, ducked and crouched down, jumping over a low concrete planter, and diving to the ground. At least the rain had stopped.

As he sheltered beneath the planter, he wonderedwhat had happened to the sixth bullet. His gone was gone, dropped in his haste. He needed help.

Tag: Grove, Zeppelin

24. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"another one!" She ran out into the battle, doging the bullets. She left O'Shea to the officers, but started to fight teh Irishman's comrade. She threw punches and attacks towards the attacker, he blocked every one of them. She caught him off guard with a uppercut to the jaw. He was out of his balance, she took a chance and grabbed his gunhand into a wristlock, making him drop the gun. His wrist cracked, she might have broken it, or just dislocated it. Years of martial arts finally paid off when she pulled him into a choke.

TAG:eek:'Shea and partner

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    O'Shea

Turning to the woman, O'Shea smoothly pulled out a gun of his own. He aimed for her head, and two other IRA commandos ran up next to him. One took the crippled soldier, and the other joined O'Shea, aiming at Zeppelin's head.

"That was a very stupid thing to do, Detective. What'd you plan on doing once you caught me? Arrest me?"

He laughed.

"I didn't murder the bleedin' Ambassador. But that doesn't mean I'm against shooting you right here, right now."

Tag: Zeppelin

OOC: You won't die. But, I'm hoping Zeppelin come sout from this experience with something more than she went in with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.