main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Personal news thread - for news that is post-worthy but not thread-worthy

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediEnna, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Here's a place for your news that is important but doesn't really need a whole thread devoted to it.

To that effect, you will all be glad to know that Craig's tonsils are now in a bin somewhere. The operation went smoothly and there are no complications so far. He has even had some ice cream and mashed potato.

He can talk, but at this point the name "Scream Man" is rather inaccurate.

He's coming home tomorrow, and knowing him he will be back online by tomorrow night.

- JediEnna aka Florence N. O:)

2. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Oh that was TODAY! I know what day it is, really! Hope you're doing well, big brother :D

Well, I think this is a good thread idea.

I don't have anything post worthy at the moment, I mean, who really cares that I'm watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? Noone! Coz noone likes this film except me :(

3. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I love the Temple of Doom!

And glad to hear Craig's doing well.

And on the note of stuff post but not thread worthy, I've been given the job of filming a pilot for a new sit-com next week, if it gets picked up, I'm behind the camera on it for the season.

4. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I'm glad Craig is feeling well. I hope he feels much better now. At least they didn't put his tonsils in a jar for him to keep :)

Congrats Sith, hope at works out.

5. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    It's an awesome film, yet for some reason it's the "unpopular" of the trilogy. Actually, I can't stand Willie, she whines too much, and Marion is way cooler. But Short Round is awesome! And seeing a Bollywood star as big as Amrish Puri in this is just funny. Plus, I understand it when they speak Hindi, so that's even cooler.

I guess it's the lack of Nazis that makes this less popular, coz everyone loves Nazis.

Lol, I remember having a convo with Scream about selling his tonsils on eBay, I'm so glad he didn't go ahead with that!

6. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    The lack of Nazis wasn't cool, but it made us almost cheer when they turned up in Lasr Crusade! :)

Did Craig get the choice of keeping his tonsils or not? A friend of mine, after she got her cat fixed, kept his testicles in a jar on a shelf in her lounge, I could never visit without sitting cross-legged and wincing...

7. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Temple of Doom is a much darker film in the series, and I love it because of this. Short Round is awesome
    "Hang on lady, we going for a ride" - Brilliant :D

Temple also has the better soundtrack in the series, except for the "Raiders March" in Raiders. Temple of Doom has some awesome themes, such as Short-Round's theme which I love :D

8. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I'd make a crack about Craig being spoonfed icecream by skanky nurses in fish net stockings if it weren't for my deep and abiding fear of Jedienna ;)

9. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    thanx guys. Im back home now, and as long as i dont move around much or speak much its not to bad. Its vey painful to swallow, and im pretty much sticking to icecream and water for now. i should have 7 days of this, followed by a week to recover from this week.

And simon: Linda isnt skanky, but i wonder if i can talk her into he cute nurses outfit.

i didnt get asked if i wanted to keep my tonsils, so i guess they're in a bin behind peninsula hospital if anyone wanst to go look.

10. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    I would never imply that Linda was skanky Craig, I was referring to all the nurses waiting on you hand and foot.

Btw, if you do con Linda into wearing that outfit, .jpgs to the usual address please.

11. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey Shad, isn't that address full already? ;)

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    New jackie Chan Police Story film is as equally kickarse as the previous movies :)

Now If I can just get these damn subtitles working, I'll know what the heck they are saying :D

13. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Glad it went ok Craig :)
    I hope the pain lets up soon.

In other news, a uni friend of mine just got engaged so I get to help co ordinate a wedding. I don't know if I should be happy about that or not at this stage...

14. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Coincidently I just came home from a friend's wedding. And I had another friend's engagement party last night. I guess I've had myself a martimonial weekend.

15. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    If you caught the garter Ki, don't worry. The whole 'you'll be the one next married' is a crock :D

16. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Painkillers are fun........

I so spaced out....

Pain doesnt hurt to much at the moment though...

17. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Heya, so glad you finally got the little bastards out! Woo! Congratulations! And trippy medicine.. bonus!!

My news is I got a haircut and I loved it and then used a mild color in it which went wrong and gave me a very white trash gingersnap look. Ew! SO I had to change it to dark brown at once to cover the horror. Now I probably look like Xena with less breast armor and better tast in women.

I'm having a very bad hair day. -_-

18. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I got engaged a few weeks ago, we're planning the wedding for May 2005.

Scary stuff (esp the cost of the wedding - we're paying for the whole thing ourselves) but should be heaps of fun!

For our honeymoon we're backpacking around Bella Europa for 7 weeks (I'll have my Long Service Leave - wow 10 years at the same company, am I crazy or what?) hehehh!

Well yeah that's my news!

:)

19. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Glad to hear you are getting better Craig!

Congratulations Lando!

ooo foxy, I bet it's lovely. Im considering dying mine for the wedding this weekend, a brown perhaps or maybe go redder than my natural.

20. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    we're planning the wedding for May 2005.

Umm............before or after Episode 3? I mean because if its before, you'll be spending the honeymoon at multiple different cineplex's across Europe :p

Congrats Lando :D

21. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    Well looks like I'm now headed to Vegas in May, after E3. 2 friends I introduced at E3 this year, are planning to fly their parents to Vegas, and our work group is going with for their wedding! :)

So I will be seeing Ep 3 in Vegas, should be an experience!

22. foxy_kenobi

Dec 11, 2000
    That's where they make CSI! ^.~

Ahh, that will be a wierd place to visit I think! I hope you have heaps of fun! And darkish red/brown for the hair? Mahogany or something? Sexay!

Congratulations on your engagement! And what an original honeymoon idea ^.^v

23. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    It should be a blast!

As for the hair, dunno yet. I haven't dyed it in years. Something with a little colour though, perhaps closer to my younger redhead days. My hair has gotten darker as I got older. Me when I was 19 and again at 21.

Though, dark hair and fair skin is always interesting. Still yet to find a skirt/dress heh. I might go out Thursday, just been way too busy.

24. foxy_kenobi

Dec 11, 2000
    lol bathtub shots! ^.~

I have to go to a really formal even in November which means I have to find a dress for real. Like a dressy dress [face_worried]. And the theme is designer labels! Argh! I looked at this one plainish black dress by some Australian guy, I can't remember maybe Wayne Cooper or something and it was $600! I so can't do this! I'm so not a Cinderella!

25. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    foxy, dressing up for a formal event is EASY! I'm not usually the dress wearing type, but I have 5 formal dresses! Mind, I never paid $600 for a dress, I think the most we paid was $200 something. There are some good factory shops in Alexandria with good priced dresses, you just need to hunt around and find something that really appeals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.