main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Personality Typing, Established and Original Characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ewok Poet, Apr 8, 2017.

1. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    I like http://16personalities.com the best, personally. Try that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kahara, Ewok Poet and teamhansolo like this.
  2. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    This thread kinda died suddenly, didn't it...

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    It's not a popular one, goes up and down. I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Kahara likes this.
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I'm INTP, which is a little rare, and a little messed up. Logical, impractical, self absorbed. I remember doing the test for some work training thing and the tester saying "Oh. You're one of them."

The letters don't mean much really, perhaps apart from that first I or E, but it does seem to work in that people with the same letters answered the questions in the same way. So they are screwed up in the same way as you.

Getting your head into the personality of a character is the magic you need though.
    It's one thing to have IG-88 as a killer droid, but he's a whole lot more fun to write when you realise he is a humourless germophobe, and then you throw poop at him. Then you get inside that head and feel his discomfort, and the story writes itself.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You just won me. Forever. [face_love]

Other than that: as a wide-eyed moron, I have always been puzzled by your type. You folks, kind of like ISTPs, don't like people...while ISTJs don't like life. :p

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    teamhansolo, GregMcP and TheRynJedi like this.
  6. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Oh my social skills are appalling.
    I think that's obvious even in an internet forum.
    I have to remind myself "You should be communicative and empathic right now!", and fail constantly at that.

Robots are cool.

7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just participate, give feedback, respond to feedback and you're good. ;)

GregMcP and teamhansolo like this.
  8. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi all, in case you can't see the green, I'm new here. *ducks glasses and poop being thrown* Hi! glad to be noticed. :p

"You should be communicative and empathic right now!"
    I get the empathic thing down pretty well, but communicate? Uh-uh. Especially in real life. When somebody I don't know shows up to talk to me, I sound like a stuttering, gibbering buffoon. And those are the POSITIVE parts. :p

In these types of settings, I usually do fine until I get comfortable and the 'real me', like Darth Sidious, instead of Palpatine, comes to the fore. And then the pitchforks and torches come out and the pounding begins on the castle walls to 'Bring out the beast for roasting!'. That's when it gets :eek:

So anyway, have I awkwarded anyone into NOT wanting to say 'hi' back, yet? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and that personality test, I think I failed. :p It says I am a 'Blank Slate'. No, it says INTJ-T, whatever that means.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Ewok Poet and GregMcP like this.
  9. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Wear your weirdness with pride.
    No one normal would write Star Wars fan fiction. It's a ridiculous thing to do. So be proud that you do.

Ewok Poet and Vek Talis like this.
  10. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    Oh, I do, man. You've seen my avatar? Kurt wore his weirdness with pride, too.

Hopefully, I'll get to writing some fanfic here soon. I have something started. Lately, (as in the last couple years) I've been better at finishing what I start out with. But I've resolved myself to not beginning to post anything until it's already 'in the can' so to speak, so I don't quit halfway through.

And then the villagers grab their pitchforks and torches again... :rolleyes: I really hate it when that happens.

GregMcP likes this.