main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Perspective and People = Jedi and Sith

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Alixen, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    *Please no witty comebacks about 'bullet pointing' and 'summarising' if you aren?t willing to put the effort or interest into reading this why should i put myself out to make something your obviously not that interested in easier for you to read?
    Just thought I?d add this because i have seen a lot of this lately.

Yo

In Star Wars, we have seen time and time again no matter how good your intentions, if what your doing is dubious you are destined to fall to the Dark side.

I'm sorry to do this as i am well aware that quite a few SW fans are rabid Star Trek 'dislikers', and vice versa.

(I actually brought my best friend out of his ST-Fanboy state by making him sit and WATCH SW, all 6, and since he has never once bashed it.
    Infact more than once he has brought up just what a Lightsaber would react like blocking a Phaser blast.)

Buuuuut....

I was watching a Deep Space Nine episode a few hours ago were one of the crew is captured by a bad guy, this guy has as much blood on his hands as Tarkin just about, and a religious cult he has formed made of one of the species he has wronged most.

These people wont let her go because they believe he is a good man, despite what he has done to these people in the past, and he uses the reason 'he is worried for her spiritual integrity'.

You have to understand this man has killed thousands of these people, yet they embrace him as a leader, almost ending up committing suicide for him.

They give her free roam of their base, but she cant leave, nor can she alert Starfleet that this criminal and murderer of thousands, if not millions i forget, is in this place.

Nor can she kill him for these people will use themselves as human shields to protect him.
    If she tried another way other than shooting him that would give him the vital seconds he needs to teleport away to safety as this character has the way overused habit of doing.

Now.

Here is were SW comes in.

I ask, what is the best reaction to this?

A traditional Jedi would probably wait things out, and try to solve things peacefully since no outright force is being used.

A Modern Jedi would probably kill him to stop him causing anymore, probably using a power such as Choke so that the human shields could do nothing to help him.

A Sith would, since s/he has been insulted by the man by being made a captive, would probably slaughter everyone who got in their way to killing the guy.
    Though this method would maybe enable him to escape, though it is hard to use a teleporter when your brain is being fried by lightning or your windpipe has been crushed.
    Leaving these people alive after killing their leader would just make him an Icon to indoctrinate others, and the Sith would most likely be hated rather than feared by these people.
    Unacceptable, they would all have to die.

Personally, I would choose the Sith route.

And i don?t see myself as an evil person.

I love and take care of my mother, i feel deeply and care about many people, i also wish to help people and am joining the Police force.

But.

To to my perception allowing this man to live is unacceptable, should he escape he may never be caught and may kill millions more deaths in his lifetime.

If a man like this stood in front of me and i had a gun I wouldn?t hesitate to put a bullet in his brain. or a Lightsabers through his body for that matter.

30 or so lives, give or take, are irrelevant to the lives this man could cost, the needs of the many outweigh 30 sheep stupid enough to believe in someone who has murdered thousands of their people IMHO.

I would have killed the man and anyone who got in the way of my doing so, nor would i have hesitated to defend myself from anyone seeking retribution for my act.

But was i one of those 30 peoples family who i end up killing to kill this one man, i would hate my guts and spends the rest of my days trying to kill me.

I accept this contradiction as human nature.

Does this make me evil? possibly, but that depends very much on perception.

On o

2. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Personally, I;m not sure about your ideas about what the 3 different Orders would do in that situation. I believe that the OJO would try to seek a peaceful solution, failing that they would have to act like you stated the NJO would. If they could not pirsie doplomocy they would have no choice but to Forcefully remove the leader in order to keep Peace for the greater good.
    I also believe that the NJO would not kill him straight off. They would use force (no pun intended) to do anything to capture or contain the leader, If they could not do that they would start killing but more extreme like the Sith. Certain Jedi that is would. I don't believe Jedi of the Luke, Leia or Corran class would but possibly of the Kyp and Jaina class. Might get frustrated with their non-lethal methods and just start working their way towards the leader lacky by lacky.
    The Sith would do the same thing however would not stop with Killing the Leader. They would then try to subdue the people to gain power over them. He might be hated but he would make them fear him.
    So I dont think you would be evil. But not good either. Justified would be the word. You can't really be good after killing someone in cold blood, which is an evil action but since it was for the greater good it would still be justified. One mans life for millions.

My view that if I was a force-user, I'd go dark. It'd just be more fun. Not the whole killing face to face slaughtering thing, but being selfish. Stealing, throwing parked cars around,stopping traffic. That sought of stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.