main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Perspectives on The Phantom Menace

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Zandalor, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Stumbles his way into heroism, and thus into the role of Representative for his people, where, in Episode 2, he sets the proverbial match to the barn since it's Jar Jar who votes the Chancellor emergency powers to create an Army of the Republic - in effect, starting off the Galactic Empire. Nice job breaking it, hero.

Darth Venator likes this.
  2. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I've always liked The Phantom Menace, although I like Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith more simply because they're better movies, IMO, and 'up the ante', as it were, on TPM and the story it set in motion.

I can also attest from personal experience that the PT in general and TPM in particular really aren't as hated as general perception would indicate, at least amongst the online community.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I do like the idea of someone just tearing a verbal strip off of him ("stop messing things up!") so he stands up on his own for the final battle, that could have been a neat bit. However, hard to see anything in the flick where he would be able to do it competently even if he wanted to. The guy misses the mark constantly, I think it's more true to the character that he saves the day by, y'know, barely managing to hang on.

Well, that's his lot in life. Screw up, screw up, screw up. At least he managed to be a hero for about a decade!

4. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Youtube is invading the forums!

Two can play at this - "No, you're wrong and that's the end of it!"

Oh, and it's *you're*

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I find it to be a good, and very under rated film.