Abq Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    why is that a pet peeve??
  2. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    because it makes me not want to be around myself... its annoying
  3. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kids that run around in the toy aisles unattended! I have been seeing this at Walmart for the past week and it is bugging me!. Kids riding the bikes, kicking the bouncy balls around [face_clown] , throwing footballs [face_pig] , opening toys (#28 anakins, and #27 Obi-wans)8-} , screaming at other kids for playing with "thier" toys [face_beatup] , and racing Carts[face_talk_hand] . Man, these kids need to be watched by thier parents, this is sick. [face_shame_on_you]
  4. Darkmood Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey guys!

Just thought I would thorw a few of mine in here as well! Hope you don't mind!

Where to start.....I know![face_idea]

People who go out in public in costume yet are jerks to the majority of people they see. Especially little kids! If you can't handle kids, then don't dress up. It's as simple as that IMO. We do this to make people happy especially the little kids who may not have much happiness in their lives. Ok, that's it for that one. LOL

Hmmmm.......OOH! I know another one!

Dealing with an above post in a way. Parents who don't actually pay attention to their kids. So their kids run rampant everywhere.

People who are superficial. I think that says it all.

Can you tell I have had a fun week? LOL
  5. Bloodclaw65 Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    I hate it when I can't sleep [face_tired]
  7. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohhhh I do have a few Mooseheads in the fridge
  9. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
  10. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about people that don't cover their mouth when they yawn?

Storytime:

I'm at Wal*Mart or Target or somewhere in the checkout aisle. The register jockey is ringing me up while I'm working the card reader. She finishes scanning and I take a second to hit a button and complete the purchase. When I look back up I'm staring right at her tonsils. Geez honey, sorry I'm not entertaining you. Is it too much to ask that you cover your mouth or at least turn away so I don't have to examine your fillings? Guess so. She's lucky I didn't stuff her mouth with a tin of Altoids, a tube of Chapstick, and a pack of C Duracells. [face_mischief]

11. Commander_Clem Jedi Master

star 4
    Just think, Deon Warwick has that problem continally without openiing her mouth with that nose. You'd need man hole covers to button those things up.
  12. jedijason330 Jedi Master

star 3
    I hate it when people stand at the checkout at stores and are counting there money to see if they have enough, and if they don't they have the person running the checkout keep taking items off. If you cannot afford it, don't try to buy it.
  13. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you! That's annoying. C'mon use your noggin...you can figure out how much it will be beforehand. Don't waste everyone else's time in line..
  14. StarLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    depression

not drinking
  15. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
  16. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    another night not being able to sleep [face_tired] :_| [face_tired]
  17. Darkmood Jedi Master

star 4
    BAH! Sleep isn't that important! LOL

I was up until 11AM this morning. Stupid book! LOL
  18. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    4am thursday night for me, 6am firday night and 9am saturday night... and i still can't fall asleep!

but i have been playing games not reading a book - unfortuantly, stupid games
  19. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow,

I'm not the only insomniac here, eh? I abhor lying awake and just kinda weaving in and out of non-REM sleep. Ugh! Couple of things that have worked for me- shy of taking Trazadone- melatonin (takes a few days of regular nightly dose before it works for me), turn off the TV/book/computer/video game and the lights and put on a white noise CD (like thunderstorm or waves at the beach... Fleetwood Mac also works). These strategies are fairly efficient most of the time.

But the very best sedative I know of is reading a textbook that I'm supposed to be reading for work or school. Gets me every time!
  20. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    I just made my son put me in a sleeper hold until I passed out. He charges $2, but it's well worth it.
  21. PurpleMountain88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmmmmm, lets see......what are my pet peeves???

I would have to say people that are fake. I have to deal with that everyday at my high school. Girls have to look a certain way and act a certain way so that they are liked. I say if you don't like me for who i am that, then ohh well it's your loss.

I'm with matt on the sleeping thing. I haven't had a good night's sleep in about a week. i have a few books that i'm required to read for school so maybe that will help knock me out. i would love it if they would just once give us a book that wasn't a complete bore!!!
  22. EvilPrincess Jedi Master

star 4
    that's a damn good attitude to have on that
  23. Bloodclaw65 Jedi Knight

star 3
    if I can't sleep I will go out and fire my rifles 500 rounds of .223 or 7.62x51 full metal jacket and I sleep like a new born after being breast feed;)
  24. Commander_Clem Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice...I saw a license plate that said "life is nifty with a fifty"....wait, mabe is was after fifty, oh well, I read it that way anyway....
  25. black_8ight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pet Peeve...
    I was at work awhile back and an older woman came in with one of those tiny poodle fluffy looking dogs in a bag. She gets her stuff and comes to the counter, when it was time to pay she started in on one of those who's a poopsy woopsy good widdle doggie jobs, asking the dog if she should pay the money or would he rather save it for dog snacks. She's waving the dog in my face (let me stress this part, waving the dog in my face) saying he didn't want to pay, he wants his snacks, laughing as the line was getting longer and longer. She kept this up for along time, all the while the dogs giving me this "please kill me" look. It's not freakin cute lady, just pay the freaking money and get out of my face. It's ok to talk to your dogs but draw the line at making an ass out of yourself, your dog and others in public.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.