main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Peter Cushing Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Cushing's Admirer, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    He's also a very vivid writer with lots of good detail.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Indeed. I am captivated by how he captures nature's beauty and its impact upon him.

3. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes! He creates such clear images in one's mind, it's really not hard at all to picture what he describes

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I think that's his artistic spirit asserting itself. He had quite a keen eye and astounding intuition, I think.

5. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    I think so too. He was very diverse in his artistic talents. I'm amazed by all the things he did, painting, sketches, figurines and more!

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    So was I. Coupled with all the little aspects and suggestions he gave while on a shoot to showcase others' talents, Peter was a fountain of quiet talent.

7. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Oh yes! I always admired how he let others have the spotlight, especially in fight scenes

8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes. A fighter Peter was not and very glad of it am I. I respect immensely how rarely he resists and is hardly ever violent in his work. The times he is his eyes and features tell you all you need to know if wiling to look. A more transparent man I have not seen. I likewise admire that nearly everything he does has a moral no matter how ludicrous the plot. Not only that but usually he is harmed or killed to make his points. Sacrifice and mildness great traits!

9. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes! I thought that was sad how he had to express morals and real lessons while his character suffered for it. What kind of a lesson is that?

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    A wonderful one. It shows Peter had moral mettle. He strove to stick to his standards even if it hurt.

11. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    Peter was a sweetie

I will list my favourite performances of his later :p

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm interested to see, Rick! :D

13. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    Thank you!

I have stacks of books I'm working through right now, but I'll have to try and hunt that one down.

14. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    you a person of faith Barbecue17? :)

15. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    You're welcome. Thank you for expressing interest in the human being behind the job title actor. Very few are willing to do this and I am grateful. If you do ever read them please do share your thoughts. :)

A thought though: If you can get an original version from 1986. If not, I advise getting the American 2 in 1 from 1999. This one has a bit of supplemental stuff by his secretary at the end further proving he was human which Peter is the first to declare. Please avoid the reissue from last year. I have both the 1999 and 2013 versions and the intro of the 2013 one ruins the impact of Peter's ending.

16. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes please! I would be very interested to hear both Rick and Barbecue17's thoughts :D

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A heads-up if you are in the London (UK) area or will be on Jan 13. The Etcetera Theatre has a play on about the relationship between Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee called The Gentlemen of Horror. Website for the theatre is here. (You might have to go to page 2 to see the show details.) Looks like it is just for the one night.

18. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I am, as well as being a fan of the classic horror icons like Vincent Price, Peter Cushing, and Christopher Lee. It's just intriguing to me how while those guys are so associated with horror, they had so many other interesting nuances to their lives. I will say that Cushing is the one I'm the least familiar with in regards to their film career and their personal lives.

Shira A'dola likes this.
  19. Shira A'dola

Sep 4, 2012
    They will?! That's so cool! I hope they film it! I wonder if Christopher is going to attend the play

He's an amazing man, Barbeque17 :) I highly recommended you read his two autobiographies!

20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Barbecue17: I am newest to Vinny but it's so nice to see someone else that actually realises these men are people. [:D] It seems pretty rare today.

LAJ: That sounds pretty cool. An amazing bond it was between them. You can even see it with how they handle each other in their books. Chris adores Peter and is open in his praise and admiration. Peter is likewise but he mentions Chris a lot less. I suspect it was a show of respect.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't know anything about the production. What I posted was due to an entry in the new SFX Magazine with the link.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I didn't say you did. I was simply saying my take on their relationship based on their books.

23. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I have a lot of respect for Peter Cushing. He was certainly a gentleman and his movie roles and his interviews are a delight to watch.

I also loved his appearances on the British comedy show Morecambe and Wise where he would reappear asking for his money. This Jekyll and Hyde parody is my favorite out of all of them:

Note: He appears briefly in this video but its worth it.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Oooo, thanks, JK! I haven't seen this one yet. He's so funny and genuine.

25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I like his pronunciation of the word "military". Ever noticed that?

I wonder why he had such a foul stench. Just a general lack of hygiene or flatulence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.