main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Peter Jackson and Ep VIII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Might just be a thing directors do, show the work, get critiqued.

Darthchrontis likes this.
  2. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    IF this is true then things are way farther ahead than they are saying with the entire ST, which is what I suspect already. I think Peter Jackson could do an amazing job as long as it is more like LOTR and less like The Hobbit when it comes to CGI usage. What are the odds of this little slip up though....almost has to be a joke.

3. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    It's a trap.

Lord Chazza and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  4. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Jackson could be lobbying for the position, too. Start a rumor and get all the fans interested. Knowing that Lucas and Jackson are close and Jackson's experience with these kinds of stories and worlds makes him an ideal candidate.

I remember Lucas having treatments for all three, but Arndt won the job after submitting a 45-50 page story treatment for all three films (15 pages per film). Iger and 2 other Disney execs were privy to see the Lucas treatment once the sale was imminent. Maybe Jackson for the next trilogy? Who knows.

Jackson also wrote the Forward to the making of Star Wars. Ridley Scott wrote for The Making of Empire (I wonder if he is in the consideration mix, or even wants to be). I forgot who's writing the Forward for the Making of Jedi book.

5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The Hobbit was just as epic as LOTR and in some cases it did things better than it.

6. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
  7. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I think that the 'tone' of the Hobbit is much more in line with Star Wars than the tone of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Star Wars movies are meant to be funny, as well as exciting.

8. Darthchrontis

Darthchrontis Jedi Padawan

Feb 25, 2013
    It may well be a hoax, trick, trap etc. But as the above commentor posted. The let each other see the scripts.

Jackson, Speilberg, Cameron, Lucas they are all in some kind of 'Brain trust' they meet up, discuss their films, new technology etc to try and push cinema forward. (Empire magazine has done a couple of articles about how they meet up). So if its true, it makes sense peter jackson would have it. But i doubt he would direct.

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Big joke. Jackson must be getting his rocks off right now.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If by "Episode VIII" you mean "Peter Jackson will focus all of his energy completely on the Tintin sequel" then, yes, I am all for his involvement with this "Episode VIII" as you refer to it.