main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Peter Mayhew and Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Garth Maul, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    1. Chewie knocks down the door of Luke's hut and yells at him
      14 vote(s)
      34.1%

2. Chewie has to make a tragic choice between wasting roast Porg & traumatizing live Porgs
      13 vote(s)
      31.7%

3. "If you see Finn before I do, tell him.." "Gwarrrr" "Yeah. Perfect. Tell him that."
      4 vote(s)
      9.8%

4. Frustratedly growling at the Porgs who are attempting to fly the Falcon
      5 vote(s)
      12.2%

5. Brushing the Porg off the dashboard of the Falcon
      2 vote(s)
      4.9%

6. Hugging Leia
      1 vote(s)
      2.4%

7. Other - please provide the moment in your response below!
      2 vote(s)
      4.9%

Final poll results.

2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Has it been revealed what Chewie said he'd tell Finn?

3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't think so, nor do I think you were supposed to know. That's kind of the joke.

4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah.

But I want to know :p

5. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’ve enjoyed how he’s brought an increased sense of athleticism to Chewie and made him move with more agility and power. Especially in Solo.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  6. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    They make a great team together! Joonas has done a great job and his athleticism just makes Chewie's scenes in Solo so much fun!

7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    If there is a "Chewbacca thread" on here, then maybe this conversation belongs there instead. If my points in here have been addressed or don't warrant a thread, I apologize in advance.

Obviously, Chewbacca was very emotionally charged as soon as Kylo killed Han in The Force Awakens, opening fire on him with his bowcaster.

While this has been debated, I believe that Chewie was going for a kill shot. Maybe he wouldn't have tried to kill Kylo under any other circumstances, but Han had just died in front of him at Kylo's blade.

That said, I wonder what Chewie thought of Rey's plan to try and redeem Ben Solo, assuming she told him the true purpose of her mission to the Supremacy in The Last Jedi.

What would he make of Kylo's hypothetical redemption? For that matter, how did he feel about Han risking his life to talk Ben out of serving Snoke in the first place?

Was Chewie even aware that Han's murderer was none other than his lost son?

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

9. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I think Chewie was very aware. Han yelled "Ben!" I think Chewie would have been against Rey going to see Ben. I still can't believe Peter Mayhew is gone. :(

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I think that in the moments after Han's death he very much would have been against Rey trying to reach out to Ben, but that could very well be something that changes over time, once the initial shock had been over.

He could not like the idea in itself, but decide that it is her choice to make, not his. Or he might even realize that while Ben did kill Han, Han still would have wanted his son to be saved.

Emperor Ferus likes this.