main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Peter Mayhew at Big Apple Comic Con

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Night4554, Feb 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Hey NYC!!!!!! There's a comic convention March 9-10. Peter Mayhew's gonna be there! who's going. I am! check it out at http://www.bigapplecon.com

Just wanted to make the topic more detailed, MysterySith

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    You beat me to it Night.

There is 99% chance of me attending the Big Apple Con. I have attending quite a few of them over the last 4 years. Its a good place to find some rare SW Collectables as well as new ones. I was at the January show and picked up a few things I was looking for.

This is a great opportunity for some of to get together and meet.

Other SW people I have seen there are Jeremy Bulloch, David Prowse and Ricard Leparmentier(Sp) Admiral Motti.

{Edit} LeParmentier.... ;-)

3. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I'm with you too!

SO can this count as our first official get together!

4. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Looking good for our first meeting. Lets see who else is going to join us.

3 people so far.

Me
    Night4554
    LadySith

Who else is with us?

5. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    I can prolly go. Don't know if I would be able to meet up w/ u guys though. rents dont exactly love online ppl....

6. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    Your parents are just being looking out for you, watching your back so to speak. That is cool, I will do the same and most likely be much more protective when my 7 year old grows up. If it's any help, MysterySith and I know each other personally. I can assure you he is quite normal, damn I hope he's not insulted now ;D

Here are some tips for meeting people online that might set your parents at ease.

1. Give a specific time that you will call in to let them know you are ok. This should be more then once and do not tell the person you are meeting that you will be doing this or what times you are to be checking in. You can tell them that you have to check in at times and if you do not the police will called immediately. Make sure your parents or your backup are prepared to actually call the police if you are too late in checking in.

2. Make sure at the people you are meeting have a verifiable e-mail address and you have had several communications with them.

3. Get their phone number and address and verify that as well. Do so by calling them and mailing them a note, postcard or letter. Your safety is well worth the 34(we went up a penny, MS) cents. Write something in it that requires a specific answer then ask about it without giving away details of what you wrote. See if they got it or if if it is returned to you. Make sure at least 2 different people have the name addy and phone of the person you are meeting.

4. ALWAYS meet in a well populated, public place and have your own means of transportation. DO NOT go off ANYWHERE alone with someone you have just met period, no matter how nice they seem.

5. When you check in make sure you have a prearranged safe word or phrase to use in case you are in a situation you feel uncomfortable with. This should be something that would sound common to a stranger but is actually a password to signal you are in trouble. Such as, "My brother is a real pain" when you don't actually have a brother :D

ok end parental type rant.

I hope we get to meet up with you at the con....:D

7. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    yeah my rents are pretty strict too but i might be able to tell you want i look like and how i'll look (trust me I make it so i don't look too weird yet still stand out in a crowd) and clear it w/ my dad who'll be going with me. I went to one in oh november, wanted to meet jeremy bulloch but he wasn't there. got a bunch of good deals on SW comics though

8. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I'll be going too. I have known the Sith duo personally since the summer of 1999, and can vouch for their sanity. :D I'm sure they can do the same for me. LOL

9. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    sorry, i'll be away that week. hope you guys have fun, i'll try to make the next one. another way to set your parents minds at ease is to bring one or both with you the first time and or come with some friends.

10. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    i'll see if i can clear it w/ my dad, who'll be going with me

11. TorynFarr

Nov 27, 2000
    well, thanx, my rents r still pretty strict though :(. I'm still prolly gonna end up going, just not meeting up w/ anyone.....maybe in a year when I can drive....

12. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    driving *does his best homer drooling impression*

13. TorynFarr

Nov 27, 2000
    simpson, homer simpson, hes the greatest guy in history. from the, town of springfield, hes about to hit a chestnut tree.....
    well it looks like I wont be able to make it after all. my sister has her basketball playoffs, and my rents dont wanna miss it.

14. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    too bad

15. madmax

madmax Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I've already met A5 er Mysterysith. I pretty much look the same way my ID describes me :)

16. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    I can vouch for Madmax.

17. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    This sounds intriguing. :)

18. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Well, Is anyone going other than those that I know are?

19. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    well how was it. i got a bad progress report which is why i haven't been posting and why i didn't go! FRICKING DAD SAID TWO WEEKS AHEAD HE'D FRICKING TAKE ME THEN FRICKING GOES FRICKING SKIING WITH MY FRICKING BROTHER EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN'T FRICKING HAVE TO EVEN THOUGH OUR FRICKING COUSIN FRICKIN DIED TWO FRICKIN WEEKS AGO IN A FRICKING SKIING ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sry had to blow off some fricking steam.

20. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Night, I am sorry to hear that.

I ran into some problems, arrived to the con late. Just as I got there Peter took Lunch. He walked right passes me, WOW TALL. I did not stay around to see him because it was way too Hot in that place. I did not even buy anything. My friend got to meet him though. I will try to get him to post here.

21. TorynFarr

Nov 27, 2000
    sorry to heard that night. well, maybe next year...

22. Nightstalker1313

Nightstalker1313 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2001
    Greetings all,

Upon our discovery of the Famed and ellusive Wookiee making an appearance- we just found a really tall and nice guy.

If the Wook is out there we shall find him.

Our photojournal is being processed to meet with the non-holotechnology of your standards.

We should have pictures with Mr.Mayhew soon.

23. madmax

madmax Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    If I didn't know better, I'd say he looked like Howard Sterns dad :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.