main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Peter Mayhew comes to Winston Salem 8/23

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Peter Mayhew (our fave Chewie) is coming to Winston Salem 8/23 with the Slanted Fedora promo.

2. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Isn't he (and the Slanted Fedora show) supposed to be in Raleigh the next day?

3. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Yes-I mentioned this to Jedi_Natalie. My house is only a few miniutes away from were he's gonna be(W-S). It would be cool if you Raleigh guys could get him to come there afterwards and we could have a NC FanForce meet at my house.

SPOOKY [face_devil]

4. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    Whooo doggy! My hometown is moving on up, I see. That's some big-time coolness, what exactly is this promo thing he'll be at?

(Well, looks like I'll be coming home that weekend.)

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah! and Raleigh too! Sunday 8/24 at the Brownstone Hotel , 1701 Hillsborough St. close to where the IHOP is, near NC State ! :)

Spooky Kid - give some directions to where it's being held in Winston Salem, ok??

Ours directions :
    I-40 to inner beltline I-440.
    Take Hillsborough St. Exit.
    Go left at the stop light at bottom of ramp.
    Go about 4 miles.
    Brownstone Hotel is on the right.

Chewie

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I think that this would be a great opportunity for the NC FanForces to meet again. Maybe 9am for breakfast at IHOP in Raleigh on the 24th. Then we can go over to the show together.

Jedi Master Kel

7. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Thats a cool idea - I wouldn't mind getting some of those autographs (I used to watch voyager a lot). How much is admission? I need to go take a look at teh site.

Hmmm they give discounts for clubs. I have an official card for being a part of the Star Wars Fan Club - you know the one with Yoda on it? We could rpobably get $5 off with that.

So it will be $10 with the discount for the day - I think that sounds like fun and its so close by.

Anyone else interested?

8. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    I'm interested in doing it in Winston-Salem the night before.

[face_devil]

9. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    What is the Slanted Fedora? Is this another kind of convention? I am definately interested in going to the one close by in Winston-Salem maybe Raleigh as well, might even be able to make it the first official Greensboro FanForce meeting.! Keep me posted, where is it going to be in Winston and what kind of event is it?

Chris

10. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    How long of a drive is it to Winston-Salem from Raleigh?

Yah this sounds like another type of traveling convention.

11. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    It would be pushing about 3 hours from Raleigh to Winston-Salem.

12. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Hey this is cool...diff from most conventions...If you buy a photo glossy from the convention for $10 then the actors will sign them for free. If you pay a little fee you get your picture taken with all the celebs and they will sign them for free. Autographs of any other item are $10 for the celeb.

I like the idea of $10 autographs if you buy a glossy....

13. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm interested in the Raleigh show on the 24th...I also wanna meet not only Chewie, but I heard from Kevin that Neelix and the Doctor from ST Voyager are there too :)

Natalie...how much is the "little fee" just for them to sign a photo of u and them together? and is that what u're saying, they'll sign the pic u take with em for a fee?

and is all one big pic or sepereate pics???

Im so confused...

14. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah I want to get autographs from those 2 as well :) - especially at $10 great price.

15. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    i probabaly cant make it to this one :( My g/f and I really wanna go. (I got her hooked on Trek, now I'm training her in the ways of Star wars..lol) Its such a cheap price but with no job...arg I simply cant afford it. but hope u guys have a good time!!

----------
    one of these days I'm gonna get a job. I am going insane w/o one. Then I'll have $ to goto these awesome conventions.

16. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Well I hope you find something soon Rob.

Kevin I'm up for IHOP again - I think I could always go for some of those crepes! They were so good!

17. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    So - Do you think one of you Raleigh guys could talk to Peter for us and see if he would want to come to our FanForce meeting after the convention on Saturday. We could grill out some hamburgers and hotdogs(vegetarian of both also) and from what I hear he really likes to drink- so we could get him some of his favorite beverage also.

Natalie-Could you or Don??? PM me on this issue.

18. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    ...and you could get to Winston-Salem in about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

[face_devil]

19. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I won't be able to come! I can't get the time off work. :(

20. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Spooky-kid, why not be strong with the force and email Peter on his website and ask him? go to PeterMayhew.com, click on Contact Peter and ship him a note?

I won't be able to go to Winston Salem, I have a LOTR TCG tourney to run, but I will be here for Sunday's Chewie visit.

21. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I will definitely be coming up for the show. Is breakfast at IHOP @ 9/9:15 still sound good for everyone on Sunday before the show.

22. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    well-I e-mailed Peter last week. No response yet. That's why I was hoping ya'll could get in touch with him since you're already friends with him. oh well-you win some you lose some.

23. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Ok anyone that is coming - Sunday IHOP 9:30am then off to the show next door at 10:30 or a little thereafter.

Crepes!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Geniepants

Geniepants Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Hopefully this goes better than the last couple of Slanted Fedoras that blew through here. He used to use that hotel over in Durham (anyone been to TrinoCon? same place). The first one I went to was pretty good, hell they even had William Shatner, along with Walter Koenig, George Takei, and some Voyager guys (hell, the guy that played Paris on Voyager wanted to get his picture with US). The second one wasn't nearly as much fun. Yeah, he had some people I wanted to see, most notably Claudia Christian from Babylon 5, but the con was noticably worse than the previous. Hopefully, he's gotten his act together. If only it wasn't like right before DragonCon, I'd go, but I'm saving my money for that. Still, I hope you guys have fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.