main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Peter Mayhew coming to Salt Lake City in July

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

Peter Mayhew will be coming to Salt Lake City on Friday, July 25, 2003, with the Slanted Fedora convention. With the weekend news that Mayhew will reprise his role as Chewbacca in Episode III, this appearance is even more significant. Peter will be signing autographs and this could be a great opportunity to ask him questions just before Episode III production.

The Alpine Garrison will be making an appearance at the show in costume.

Anyone interested in going? ;)

If you are also interested in wearing a costume to this event, please let me know.

Later,

2. Boraccio

Boraccio Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    Mike-
    You can tenitavely put me down as an interested costumed participant.

3. Insanitys_Crescendo

Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
  4. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    thats cool like the other side of the pillow!

5. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    You can also put me down as an interested party.

6. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    You can put me down as a costumed participant. Any chance that I could be a stormtrooper?

7. Insanitys_Crescendo

Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    Put me under the interested parties catergory.

8. LakSivrak

LakSivrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm interested. . . july is a long ways away, so im not sure about it. sounds awesome!

9. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    When does filming start for Episode III?

I was under the impression that it was in May, until I looked and saw that it was may and suddenly no longer had any idea.

10. Jedi_Jase

Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    Hey! Sounds like fun. You could probably put me down as a costumed participant, but I don't have a costume, so if you would like to provide, Mike, then yeah, I would love to.

11. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everyone,

The Slanted Fedora has been contacted and they claim that they have been in touch with Peter Mayhew and he is still scheduled to come to Salt Lake City in July. Apparently Peter still does not even know his own Episode III production schedule yet.

Looks like this event is still on folks. :D

Later,

12. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

The Slanted Fedora has just updated their webpage for the Salt Lake City event. You can check out the news HERE.

To sum up... Peter Mayhew is CONFIRMED to be in attendance! :D There will also be a few Star Trek actors appearing and Nasa Astronaut, Rick Searfoss.

Once again, the date is Friday, July 25th, and now we know the time; 4:00pm - 9:30pm. The location will be announced soon. Be sure to check the webpage for details on the scheduled events. One cool new thing The Slanted Fedora is doing this year is...

"offering a chance to pose with the stars, and have the photo printed on the spot...A small additional charge for the photo and to get the stars to pose, They will be happy to sign these for free!"

This will definitely be our July activity. The Slanted Fedora has asked the local 501st Alpine Garrison to help out with the events. Those people here in the Provo Fanforce who would like to wear one of my costumes at the event will be included in this great opportunity. Don't miss this chance to meet the one-and-only, Peter Mayhew.

Now... Everyone still interested? ?[face_plain]

Later,

13. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Interested, yes. Viable, perhaps not. I'll keep you posted.

14. Jedi_Jase

Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    Hey Mike?
    You still offereing to let us use your costumes? Because if you are, I need one. I would appreciate it a lot. Thanx!

15. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

The Slanted Fedora just updated with the location for this event. It will be at the Salt Lake City Holiday Inn at 999 South Main Street.

Jedi_Jase... There will be a signup sheet for costumes as we get closer to the event.

Later,

16. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I was wondering if Peter Mayhew is still going to be coming to this event because I read that he is now working on his part for episode 3. At least thats what it says on theforce.net episode 3 section.

17. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings _JediKnight_,

That's a very good question. We have had our event co-ordinator from the local 501st Garrison working closely with the Slanted Fedora organizers. Our sources say that Peter will still be there on the 25th.

We need to be making our plans for this event right away.

We'll triple check just to make totally sure. ;)

Later,

18. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Handyman,
    Are you going to have a signup sheet for your costumes? I would like to go in costume, but I don't have any.

Also is anyone going to be able to give rides because I dont think I would be able to drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.