Provo Peter Mayhew Event - Official Signup

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Handyman, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

This is the official signup thread for the Slanted Fedora event on July 25(ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW) starring Peter Mayhew. Once again to reassure everyone, Peter WILL be there. You can read all of the details HERE.

You may have noticed on the Slanted Fedora webpage that admission into the event is $15/person and $10 with a Fanclub ID card. I'll be taking care of the ID cards so you won't have to worry. ;)

Please indicate in this thread your answer to the following questions...
    1. Are you coming to the event? (should be obvious if you're posting in this thread :p)

2. Do you wish to wear a costume to the event?

3. Can you drive people up to the event, are you driving on your own, or do you need a ride?

4. Would you like an Official Provo Fanforce ID card made up for you? (If yes, PM me the full name you would like on your card)
    The costumes will be assigned out depending on the responses I get. We will be suiting up in costume with other members of the local 501st Legion.

We should try and carpool as much as possible.

Any other questions?
  2. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    1. Yes I am coming to the event (don't have work off yet but am working on it)

2. Yes, I wish to wear a costume to the event

3. I need a ride to the event

4. Yes I would like an Official Provo Fanforce ID card made up for me.
  3. navaren Jedi Knight

star 3
    1) Michael and I would be interested in attending, but our availability will be decided late next week.

2) Both of us would like to wear a costume to the event.

3) We may be able to provide transportation.

4) Yes, we would both be interested in identification cards.

I'll PM you with the information for the cards.
  4. RenegadeFury Jedi Knight

star 1
    1. I am coming to the event.

2. I do wish to wear a costume!

3. I need a ride for this activity.

4. I would like a Provo Fanforce ID card.
  5. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

Thanks for your responses. This is going to be a FANTASTIC event! :D

The Slanted Fedora just put out an update that Robin Curtis will NOT be able to attend on Friday. Unless you're a huge Star Trek Fan, this should be OK with you. They also confirmed, once again, that Peter Mayhew WILL be there. It turns out that Peter has already been shooting some scenes for Episode III in Sydney and this week is his first break from the shooting. Peter is dedicated to the fans and will be there at the convention. I'm sure he'll have PLENTY of fresh stories from the Episode III set! :cool:

Anyone else coming? ;)
  6. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Everybody,

For those of you who couldn't make it to the event, you really missed a great evening with Peter Mayhew. Peter is an exceptionally cool guy with a very unique charm and wit. He entertained the crowd for 90 minutes with his personal Star Wars stories and answered fan questions. The highlight of the night was when Peter stopped right in the middle of his story telling, turned to us in costume, and said, "These guys over here are the REAL FANS." He then went on for several minutes talking about how impressed he was with the costumes and how he loves meeting up with the 501st Legion all over the world. Just to hear that in person was worth the $10 admission. ;)

Peter said that he was surprised at the wonderful turnout in Salt Lake City and that he would like to come back again next year. Hopefully, more of us will be able to make it out then. :D

If you would like to check out the photos from the event, you can see them HERE.

Later,
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.