San Fran, CA Petition for Celebration 4?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jul 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey all,
    There's a good chance that after Celebration 3 will be the last of the Celebrations after all the movies have come out. I think that we should have a petition for Celebration 4 AND that Celebration 4 should be in California (Preferably SF of course) and that celebrations should occur every 3 years like the ones we've already had. If we do this now and start getting signatures then we would have thousands upon thousands of signatures by the time of Celebration 3 I think. I think it's a worth while project and SF Fan Force should lead it!
  2. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm all for that! I'd be really sad if C3 was the last of its kind. I mean sure we have ComicCon and WonderCon, but that's nothing compared to the power of a Celebration ! :)

3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Exactly, and this is the Celebrations are only for Star Wars and nothing else. In my opinion, that's how it should be for us hardcore folks. It's also a way to keep SW alive for generations to come. "Even though men can forget it's name the Force can never die..." -Jedi Master Ood Banar

I for one don't intend to let the name ever be forgotten! :) We'll talk about it further when we met up but we can start here and now too. May the Force be with us!
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually, I talked to Paul Ens of Lucasfilm at Comic Con, and he said they were considering doing "Celebrations" after Celebration 3. He said that they would not be an annual thing though, but every couple of years... so ... there is a good chance that San Diego or Anaheim may get Celebration 4. :D
  5. The_Rock Jedi Knight

the Rock says JUST BRING IT! Its time to bring C4 to SF. The Rock says that SF is the perfect place for C4. There are thousands and thousands of SW fans here in the bay area.
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey Linda,
    From what you say I gather that they were only CONSIDERING to have it ever three years or so right??? If that's the case we should let them KNOW that they're is a fan base who wants to hae a Celebration every three years. I think that's a worth while idea... and I think a petition would definetly influence the consensus further if they are still undecided. I can safely think, no! I know that the people are decided. We want and Celebration 4, and a 5, and a 6, On and on and on! I think we should have Celebrations whether they are official or not! lol What does everyone else think? :)
  7. padme_skywalkr Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would be all for this AFTER they announce where it will be in 2005.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.