main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Petition for Star Wars on IMAX

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DRK_HLMT, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Okay, Going by Isbeth's info that Attack of the CLones for IMAX may be nixed, I have added a petition for making Attack of the Clones as well as the other Star Wars movies to be produced for IMAX.

Here is the link http://www.petitiononline.com/IMAX1138/petition.html

Thank you for your support and vote for this so we can all be blown away by this movie in IMAX! :D

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/stang515013/spaceballs_large_02.jpg]

2. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I signed it :) Why am I number 2???? you guys are slacking! DRK_HLMT, did you post the petitions to other boards online?

Good job in creating the petition! I was so bummed when I heard it wasn't going to happen.

3. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Signed, sealed, & Posted!

4. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
  5. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    We should ALL meet and see it together!?!?

But isn't the 11/1/02 a Tuesday?

6. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    OH MAN! This is awesome! We definitely have to see this.

11/1 is a Friday. I just checked a calendar.

7. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Well at least we have a meeting spot for November now hahaha. That was easy. Perhaps we should just hold out until November if this Sandy Point doesn't pan out. I mean, as Mogook has said before, we don't have a ton to talk about, and since the Film people have their own meetings, we could probably survive until november

8. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Where is the nearest applicable IMAX theater to Baltimore Md?

9. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    There's an IMAX theater at the Inner Harbor.

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I agree with you orangerful.

11. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I'd pick no other place for the November. I concur with the idea of waiting til November to have an actual FanForce meeting.

Son of M.M.

12. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Geeze, I am glad I was wrong, or did, DRK_HMLT's petition work magic? :)

Now before everyone gets excited, last I heard, the IMAX theater in Baltimore has put their schedule up until XMAS and Clones isn't on it, yet. Keep checking their web site. It could change, however and a push from you guys could make a difference. Remember that they held over 3D Space Station which everyone should see! Right Mutt? :) (BTW, you teachers out there, an ID card gets you in free at next Thursday's ISS Teacher Thursday! Free munchies too!) For example Apollo 13 is out in IMAX and neither DC or Baltimore will be running it before 2003. The battle isn't over yet, gang. This looks like another job for...tada...DRK_HMLT's magical petitions! :)

13. sithspawn35

Jan 22, 2001
    I also agree with the "petitioners" that since not business needs to be discussed, we should postpone the meeeting until November for the IMAX release of AOTC.

14. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Do I detect a mutiny here? Just because we don't have official business to discuss doesn't mean we should cancel the meeting. Maybe we ought to consider an organizational meeting to decide what people want to get out of these meetings other than lunch.

15. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey Isbeth, you know me. When I rattle my chains, ole Goerge takes notice!! Muahahahaha!! [face_devil]

Seriously though, it looks like they had planned it all along. They were just waiting to see what the reaction would be if they decided to do it or not.

16. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I would be interested in seeing AotC at the IMAX theater.

17. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hi,

I am definately interested in seeing Ep II at the IMAX.

:)
    ecila

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well here's good news and bad news. Good news is that LFL is moving forward with the IMAX implementation of AOTC. Here's the bad news: they are going to shorten it to conform to a 120 minute IMAX configuration (Remember AOTC was originally 143 minutes)

Check here for the rest of the story.

EDIT: Actually that is the story. So I'm just quoting the source.

19. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I just saw that. If that ain't a bunch of garbage. That is a ton of time when talking about cut scenes from a movie. That almost makes me not want to see it at all.

20. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    That definitely does make me wonder what are they thinking..

If they do that, they should just not do the whole movie but clip together action sequences that would look good on IMAX. Like do the podracing and space battles and lightsaber fighting in EP1. The Senator's spaceship entrance and explosion, speeder chase on Courscant, Anakins ride through the Tatooine desert, the whole clone war of EPII. Then just about all the action sequences in the OT and later add the EPIII to it for a final IMAX SW experience. Put all that together and you could pump out 120 minutes of pure Star Wars adrenalinzed eye candy for sure!!

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a good idea DRK_HLMT.

Oh well, I guess we can't get everything. I just hope they really think about what scenes to cut.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Good idea Drk_Hlmt!

Only problem is that they would include a dry, drab commentary by Lucas which would ruin it I would think.

23. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm really torn now about seeing this. If anything, I was hoping to see it with the deleted scenes in it. Now that I know it will be the movie version with 20 or so minutes trimmed out of it, I've lost interest.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    True, the 20-minute cut is upsetting. Still, despite this unsettling news, there's a chance to see some great scenes in IMAX size.

25. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I agree. Why not just have two reels, an intermission, and switch reels in the middle? Have the complete half on one reel and the second complete half on another. Or just cut out the end credits. That ought to gain at least 10 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.