main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Petition to have George Lucas direct Episode IX gaining some attention

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Lantern, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    Already posted? I couldn't find a thread on this. Would you sign this petition? I would in a heartbeat. TFA is an honestly good movie but there's too much I disliked for me to say I loved it (I did love the new characters though). I never knew this movie would have me missing George Lucas so much. I don't know if his Episode VII would have been better, but I know it would have been more interesting. Onto the petition:

The magical thing about change.org is that anyone can use it to illustrate a show of support for just about anything, including displeasure with how certain film franchises are managed.
    One such case is the petition launched by Brazilian Yuri Luiz to bring Star Wars creator George Lucas back into the series as director of the current unnamed Episode IX. “We have no problem with Colin Trevorrow,” Luiz wrote on the petition’s page at change.org. The Jurassic World director was announced as helming the ninth main Star Wars film over the summer, but has proved a controversial choice in some circles. “He’s not the right guy to direct Star Wars Episode IX,” Luiz continued. “George Lucas as director of Episode IX would be the perfect way to end this new trilogy and make an epic farewell between the Father of Star Wars and the whole universe of the galaxy far, far away.”
    Lucas publicly admitted he distanced himself from Star Wars after Disney rejected his outlines for the Sequel Trilogy and developed ideas from screenwriter Michael Arndt, The Empire Strikes Back writer Lawrence Kasdan and Star Wars: The Forces Awakens director J.J. Abrams.
    Though it seems unlikely the petition will change the hearts, minds or spreadsheets at Disney, it certainly reflects a change of attitude among the fanbase concerning Lucas, who was also reviled in certain circles over his choices as writer and director of the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/07/petition-to-return-star-wars-to-george-lucas/

Link to the petition -
    https://www.change.org/p/disney-lucasfilm-kathleen-kennedy-george-lucas-back-to-the-star-wars-movies
    [​IMG]

You know what to do. Search your heart. You know it to be true

Zikri likes this.
  2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    He had his time and has very clearly handed it off to another bunch of folks who have proven to be damned good at carrying the torch on their first try. Sorry, but no.

3. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    He's done with the films and people need to accept it.

...but still...

It certainly would be cool to see if he did a good job and sort of went out with a bang. Who knows? Maybe he'd finally get it. I'm signing it because I want to show my support for him.

skywalkersquad likes this.
  4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, his day is done. Plus he doesn't want to do it anymore.

However, I wouldn't mind if he did a Spin off. Some crazy thing he could come up with, that would be self contained. Might be good.

5. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    Lucas hasn't exactly endeared himself to Lucasfilm in TFA interviews. He's pretty much burned his bridges, which is what he probably wanted.

Dewback likes this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Desire is meaningless, it will not happen.

Dewback and Seeher like this.
  7. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Direct it? Hellz no. But produce? Sure.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

astinus4 and jimtalkbox like this.
  8. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    This is some of what I'm thinking as well

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I love and am thankful to Pappa George, but he let it go...

Blind Butchie likes this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed. I appreciate everything he did to make all of this exist in the first place, but he reached a point where he decided to make a break with it and sell it. That also meant no more significant involvement in the creation of new SW movies or other material.

TX-20 likes this.
  11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Leave the man alone.

bluecadet3 and MrElculver2424 like this.
  12. Soy Mandalore

Soy Mandalore Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2016
    George is a competent producer and collaborator, in fact he's a genius in those realms. But A. He's much less talented as a director and B. He absolutely doesn't want to do it. Too bad, we might get the greatest SW film ever if we had his creativity and enthusiasm but competent writers like Kasdan speaking reason to him (not to mention the long-leash of Disney)

alucasfinch likes this.
  13. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    These kinds of petitions never go anywhere, and Lucas isn't coming back. Time to move on already, people.

DarthHavok and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  14. AurilliusPrime

AurilliusPrime Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    What they need is a petition to get rid of Trevarrow.

Ligenot and dan1210 like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This is like a sports star who says that they are going to retire one season and then retire or go part time and then a couple seasons later come back full time.
    Mark Martin and Brett Favre come to mind. Both had success after their initial retirement but things did go bad eventually. They stuck around way too long.
    If you retire, or sell something, stick to it!
    Don't be the wishy-washy type.
    Kind of hard to respect people like that sometimes.

16. Vector-Prime

Vector-Prime Jedi Master

Aug 9, 2005
    Unless a time machine is invented that can grab circa 1977 George and his entire creative team that helped keep him in check then GOOD GOD NO

17. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014

That's some really poor analysis.

One guy starts a laughable petition and that "reflects a change of attitude among the fanbase?" And after all the success of TFA...

Jeez....

18. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    It concerns me that people are signing this.

why would anyone want this? He's directed 4? movies. 1 was a work of pure genius! 2 were very poor, 1 was ok, I think 1/3 is pretty bad and shows he shouldn't direct.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Some people need to grow up.

Dewback likes this.
  20. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    No NO NOOO.
    No GL for the sequels, please.

21. DarthBandersnatch

DarthBandersnatch Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2011
    Wow. Just... wow.
    I haven't posted here a very long time, but this really bugs me. Jeez, can't we let Lucas just retire and have his life for the rest of his life?

One minute, people scream about how the Prequels suck, the next minute it's "we want George back!!"

I'm so confused... :c3po:

episodenone, Dewback and JeanNo like this.
  22. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    A maximum of 7500 signatures? That's setting the bar pretty low. Is that all the site allows or is it a dishonest attempt at claiming victory?

23. Lord Miggler

Lord Miggler Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 6, 2013
    He didn't want to do them. He sold it all. Is this not sinking in for people ? the man is done with Star Wars.

Darth_Articulate and DarthHavok like this.
  24. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    George let go of Lucasfilm but a few fans are having a hard time letting go of George.

25. unlimitedpower

unlimitedpower Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2014
    Different people, different desires. Can't please everyone.

DarthBandersnatch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.