main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Petra's WOD game: A Prelude

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Petra_Blakkwing, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Nigel King hung up the phone and walked through his office to the library where Astrid sat reading her tarot cards. He glanced at the artifacts and pictures on the walls. Most of them had some sort of occultic meaning and symbolism, and all of them had been recovered by him or a member of his team. Few knew what the good doctor had dedicated his life to, and of those who did know most believed him crazy or cursed and shut a blind eye to the supernatural implications of his study. Humans have such a natural aversion to the unknown and unexplainable. This had cause Nigel to live in general solitude most of his life. The things he had seen as a child set him on his path, and try as he might he could not erase the knowledge of the world beyond the physical.

"Darling, that was Marek."

Astrid Bennett turned her captivating eyes to Nigel, "Oh, what is it this time?"

"I'm not quite sure. But he says that it involves Triune Dagger."

Astrid glanced at the case in the corner containing the dagger Nigel referred to. Her eyebrows furrowed in worry. "I thought that was finished. What could he possible mean?"

"Well, I suspect he has uncovered new documentation, but what it could signify I have no idea. Marek was never one to be forthcoming, you know. However, he does say it is of the utmost importance, and I'm inclined to believe him. We need to assemble a team. Randall is out gathering the necessary intelligence on those we have an interest in."

"Dearest, I think we should include Elizabeth this time. She's growing far too inquisitive, and I doubt we can leave for this expedition without arousing her suspicion. It is time to let her in on some of the family secrets. Besides according to the reading I've been getting her time is soon upon us as it is."

"Very well, my sweet. It shall be as you say."

With that Nigel turned to walk from the room. As he left he didn't notice his daughter Darcy Bennet-King slip back down the hallway away from the door where she had been eavesdropping. Darcy smiled a vicious smile and thought,"So the time has come for my dear cousin. This should prove very interesting. Very interesting indeed."

2. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    Dagmar Wolfe walked across the Oxford campus on a rainy January day. This was the beginning of her second semester at the school, and she had excelled in all her studies. Without her umbrella she hastened to the library to study in between classes. As it was nearing tea-time the library was near empty, and she took a study carrel off to the side as to be out of everyone's way.

She opened her Western Civilization book, and began her reading for the day. The professor was teaching the rise of the Byzantine empire, but before Dagmar has been reading 10 minutes a young male voice spoke up behind her.

"I say then, are you studying for Macgregor's class?"

She turned to find an attractive young man standing behind her.

(OOG:) he looks like this:
    [image=http://felbartlett.org/images/jonny.jpg]

Dagmar paused to think for a moment, and realized that there was no professor named Macgregor who taught Western Civilization at Oxford.

She replied, "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't know which professor you mean. Macgregor?"

"Yeah, that's the bloke. Stodgy old bastard, reading glasses. Famous for his trick questions on quizzes."

Dagmar could tell from the young man's accent that he was from London and that he was probably from a very wealthy, blue-blood area, however she also knew that no such professor existed, but did not want to seem rude, and so replied, "I'm sorry I don't know him."

The youth blushed visibly and looked down at the ground, "Actually, he doesn't really exist I was just anxious to talk to you and used any excuse I could think of. My name is Peter."

Dagmar blushed violently and said, "Me? Why would you want to talk to me?"

Peter grinned and replied, "Surely you don't mean that? Why wouldn't a guy want to talk to a beautiful girl? What is your name then, miss? I gave you mine."

Still blushing, Dagmar said, "Miss Wolfe."

"Very well, then, Miss Wolfe. I am Mister Thackeray. Might I have the pleasure of your company and conversation this dreary afternoon?"

I think that's how it went Axia...I didn't save the convo so I don't think I got it precisely right.....lemme know if any changes need to be made....

3. Dagmar_Wolfe

Dagmar_Wolfe Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    [image=http://www.axia.ws/axia/images/julielodge12.jpg]
    Dagmar Wolfe

Storyteller : "Very well, then, Miss Wolfe. I am Mister Thackeray. Might I have the pleasure of your company and conversation this dreary afternoon?"
    Dagmar Wolfe : Do I need this time to study or can I talk to him without it affecting my school work?
    Storyteller : you're studying between class breaks because you have nothing else to do. you could probably spare a few minutes.
    Dagmar Wolfe : I motion for him to sit down and I close the book I was going to study putting it in a neat pile with the rest of my things. "Not fond of the rain?" OOG Do I have my violin with me?
    Storyteller : yes you sure do.
    Storyteller : Peter sits down. "No, as a rule I am not. Though it would seem that I picked the wrong country to live in if I was anxious to spend much of my time dry."
    Dagmar Wolfe : FYI Dagmar speaks very softly as a rule
    Storyteller : duely noted
    Dagmar Wolfe : Dagmar notices shes left her reading glasses on and removes them. "So what brings you to my lonely table. Surely you must have other ladies more interesting than me to talk to."
    Storyteller : "More interesting? Well, that remains to be seen, though I doubt it. More beautiful? Surely not!...So are you a musician Miss Wolfe? or do you carry around a violin case to add to your mystique?"
    Storyteller : Now that you're looking, Peter is impeccably dressed in very expensive clothes. He has that whole fashionably messy look that costs a bundle. His trainers (sneakers) alone would probably buy you a used car.
    Dagmar Wolfe : "I am a musician, music is my life. I dont what I would do without it. As far as adding to my mystique I was unaware I had any to add to."
    Storyteller : Peter raises an eyebrow, "Well, you are female, are you not? I've yet to find a woman who didn't have mystique just from her feminity. You on the other hand have a beautiful accent, a violin, and the cutest little reading glasses to add to it."
    Dagmar Wolfe : Dagmar blushes a little and looks down at the reading glasses still in her hand. "Well,..." She states quietly. "I need them to read."
    Dagmar Wolfe : "Do you like violin music?" she aks hesitantly.
    Storyteller : "I like all music immensely, though honestly I've never favored violin over any other kind."
    Dagmar Wolfe : "I see. Do you play an instrument?"
    Storyteller : "Unfortunately no. While your passion in life is music, mine would be books. And that is the passion I frequently indulge, as you can see from the locales I haunt."
    Dagmar Wolfe : "I have a fondness for books myself." OOG besides whatever school books she has with her Dagmar would be carrying at least one book about the occult
    Dagmar Wolfe : ?
    Storyteller : roll percentage
    Storyteller : isn't she minoring in occult studies?
    Dagmar Wolfe : yes
    Storyteller : roll percentage, but she has at least one occult book
    Dagmar Wolfe : 21
    Storyteller : uh no....she just has the one for school...
    Storyteller : "Is you major field of study music?"
    Dagmar Wolfe : yes
    Dagmar Wolfe : OOG: She wants to get into a music academy or something prestigious and I imagine has sent out several applications
    Dagmar Wolfe : "Yes, music is my life."
    Storyteller : "But I see you have other interests as well." He gestures at the Occult book,"I know that class is rarely mandatory."
    Dagmar Wolfe : "A hobby I'm indulging."
    Storyteller : "Do you enjoy your class?"
    Dagmar Wolfe : "Yes, very much so."
    Storyteller : "Well, that's nice to hear. That is my major field of study, and I always like to meet those who appreciate it."
    Dagmar Wolfe : "Occult sciences is your major? What career path are you shooting for?"
    Storyteller : He blushes, "um...really I have no career path. I'm fortunate enough that I can basically study whatever I want an

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    God's sack!

5. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    should i post my bio here or in the other topic?

6. Dagmar_Wolfe

Sep 6, 2005

Dagmar Wolfe "Well they dont have a pulse right?" She asks looking at the woman that Peter pointed out.

7. Petra_Blakkwing

Jul 1, 2002
    OOG: Jank....post you bio in the other WOD thread....and picture of who you are please....

8. Dagmar_Wolfe

Sep 6, 2005
    Dagmar Wolfe

Storyteller : "Well, yes, of course that's true, dear. But a lot of other things are simply myths. Some put in place by vampires themselves in order to hide their true natures."
    Dagmar Wolfe : I point to the woman he indicated. "And shes one of them? A vampire. Feeds on blood?" She shivers at the memory of her encounter
    Storyteller : "Yes, she is. She's a very regular patron of this particular bar, and actually a little more blatant about her unlife than most vampires think is appropriate in proper society."
    Dagmar Wolfe : "Ok. be right back." Dagnar gets up and somehow summons the courage to go to that woman. After I get there I say. "Excuse me?"
    Storyteller : The woman looks in your direction, she has the most startling golden eyes. Roll willpower.
    Dagmar Wolfe : 1
    Storyteller : http://www.peoples.ru/art/cinema/actor/novak/novak_kim_11.jpg
    Storyteller : she looks like that
    Storyteller : and now you are in complete awe of her...
    Storyteller : "May I help you darling?"
    Dagmar Wolfe : "I hope so." I say quietly with a strange need to get closer to her. "My fr... acquaintence has made the most perposterous claim and I was wondering if I could ask a small favor to prove him wrong and move on with my evening?"
    Storyteller : She smiles as if she can read you mind. "What is I can do for you?"
    Storyteller : you feel a thrill at earning a smile
    Dagmar Wolfe : Why do I care that this woman is smiling at me? Lord that feels good though. I look to see if her chest is rising and falling. "Can I touch your arm?"
    Storyteller : Her chest doesn't appear to rise and fall, but you can'
    Storyteller : t be certain
    Storyteller : she raise and eyebrow and glances at her young male friends, they are very jealous to have her attention back. "Of course dear. But what do I get in return?"
    Dagmar Wolfe : Dagmar swallows. "What...what would you want?" She says begining to reach for the woman's wrist.
    Storyteller : She grabs your wrist quickly, but not harshly, and pulls you towards her. "Just a little taste, my sweet. Come here." She pulls you into her lap. Roll willpower.
    Dagmar Wolfe : failure!
    Storyteller : you go right into her lap like a pliant child. She brushes the hair from you neck, and takes in your scent.....
    Storyteller : Then you hear her hiss, and throw you from her lap. She mutters a curse word that sounds Italian. "No, thank you. I don't enjoy leftovers, especially his!" Her voice enchantment has lifted.
    Dagmar Wolfe : Violently? Do I fall?
    Storyteller : you fall....it wasn't as violent as more like a child pushing away toy they don't want...
    Storyteller : Peter runs to your side...."Are you ok, Miss Wolfe? That was a bad play, Fiona."
    Dagmar Wolfe : I look over at 'Fiona'. "Leftovers? what are you talking about?"
    Storyteller : "Oh, don't play dumb girl, I'm much better at it than you. Peter, you know I only eat fresh each night. She's already been fed on this evening."
    Storyteller : Peter stares at you, "Is that true?"
    Dagmar Wolfe : I just keep staring at Fiona. I am in shock. I look for her breathing again. I look at her mouth. Her style of dress, any jewelry she might be wearing, skin coloring.
    Storyteller : well, she's blonde. Golden eyes, very porcelain skin. Not breathing. Wearing 1940's hollywood glamor ensemble, in black. she has some beautiful diamond jewelry but just enough that it accentuates her natural beauty.
    Storyteller : She's wearing the old moviestar makeup.....smoky eyes....VERY red lips....
    Dagmar Wolfe : "It can't be." Dagmar denies, she's horrified. She also has trouble believeing they could stay hidden for so long.
    Dagmar Wolfe : Im still on the ground, I haven?t got up or responded to PEter
    Storyteller : Fiona looks back at you. She narrows her eyes again as if

9. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Elizabeth Adams-King was just finishing the book she?d picked up at Oxford University?s library. It was entitled Artifacts Recovered by Ephraim George Squier from 1840 ? 1860. She closed the book with a disappointed sigh. Checking the clock on the wall, which read 12:07pm, she gathered up the other books she?d borrowed only a few days ago (Cultural History of Latin America and The Secrets of the Aztecs) and headed towards Dr. Nigel King?s study.

The door was closed. She lightly wrapped on it until she was answered.

?Come in?, Dr. King replied.

Slowly she opened the door to the study where she found Dr. King sitting across a desk from Mr. Stone, who was looking fit and refined as always.

?Yes, Elizabeth, what can I do for you??

?Dr. King, I was hoping I could get a ride to the University with you today, if you?re going, that is. I have library books to return, and I?d like to check some new ones out.?

?Well, I wasn?t planning on it, but I?m sure Randall wouldn?t mind taking you with him.?

Randall turned to Elizabeth and nodded. ?I?ll be ready to leave in about 45 minutes.?

?Alright, I?ll find you then.?

Elizabeth turned and left the study, closing the door ever so gently behind her. On her way back to her room, she encountered Darcy.

?Good morning, Darcy.?

?You know that we probably have those books here in our library, right??

?Perhaps. I?ve used Dr. King?s library from time to time, but find the University?s facilities? especially the categorization, to be easier for me.?

?You can always ask Mom. She knows where to find everything in there.?

?Oh, right. Thank you, Darcy.?

Elizabeth quickly went to her room to drop off the books, and then headed to the library where she saw Dr. Astrid Bennett looking over her Tarot cards. Elizabeth stopped at the doorway and knocked softly on the doorjamb.

Without looking up, Astrid answered, ?Yes, Elizabeth, come in,?

Elizabeth walked right up to the table and asked, ?Dr. Bennett, could you help me find books on recovered artifacts of the 20th century??

Astrid looked up at her with a smile. ?What types of artifacts??

?Well, you know, ancient ones.?

?I mean cultural, religious, occultist??

?Interesting and mysterious ones.?

?Well, I may have a different idea of what is interesting, but I think I have one in mind.? And with that, Astrid made her way to the bookshelves, pulling a rolling ladder across to just the right section, and climbing up it to reach books on the top shelf.

?I?ve been trying to find relics that are mysterious and whose purposes have not been understood?, Elizabeth admitted. ?My hope is that I can uncover clues about such artifacts by studying the history and cultures of the societies they come from, and maybe find something the historians have missed.?

?That?s quite an impressive undertaking.?

?It?s more of just a hobby.?

?Well, Elizabeth?, she said, pulling out a thick book from the shelf, ?I think I have something that may interest you.? Astrid hands down to Elizabeth a book entitled Discovered Occultist Artifacts of the 20th Century. Astrid continues, ?In fact, you?ll even see a familiar name in there. One Dr. Nigel King.?

Elizabeth?s eyes widened and she flipped to see when the book was published. The copyright read 2002. ?Thanks!?

Just then, the intercom buzzed across the room, and Astrid hurried to answer it. ?Yes??

Randall was on the other line. ?Is Elizabeth there with you??

?Yes, she is.?

?Can you tell her I?m about ready to leave??

Elizabeth, hearing this, starts for the door. ?Tell him I?ll be right out. I have to grab my books.? With that Elizabeth ran to her room, grabbed the three library books, and headed out to Randall?s car, who was waiting for her. She climbs in, and they head to the University.

Along the way, Elizabeth tries to start a conversation with Randall, as he has been quite tight-lipped about himself since she?s known him. But as he is also American, she feels a kinship with him.

?So, h

10. Dagmar_Wolfe

Sep 6, 2005
    Dagmar Wolfe

Storyteller : Fiona: "But it's so much more fun this way."
    Storyteller : Peter angrily shakes his head, "Fiona, might I have a moment of your time?" and he gestures for her to follow him....she gets up and follows..
    Dagmar Wolfe : Does he indicate whether I should join him?
    Storyteller : Nope, he was only talking to Fiona and he doesn't even seem to acknowledge you at all
    Dagmar Wolfe : I guess I will wait then, does he go to our table. If not I go sit down
    Storyteller : no, they just go to vacant corner...and he appears really angry...Fiona is just smiling and egging him on...you can't hear them though....
    Dagmar Wolfe : well I remember the second guy I saw on the street that he was talking to in the library, I want to know whats going on there
    Storyteller : Well, about 5 minutes later, Peter comes back and he appears much calmer.....Fiona goes back to her men, and they seem very pleased to be back in the light of her attention.
    Storyteller : Peter sits down and sighs, he drinks his beer
    Dagmar Wolfe : "What was all that?"
    Storyteller : "Nothing. Fiona just likes to push my buttons."
    Dagmar Wolfe : Dagmar doesnt like that answer but lets it go. "Who was that man you were talking to in the library?"
    Storyteller : Peter raises his eyebrows, "hmmm?"
    Dagmar Wolfe : "The man you were talking to after you stopped talking to me. I 'ran' into him shortly after being..attacked earlier. Who is he? Why was he there tonight?"
    Storyteller : "Look, Miss Wolfe, I have no account of why that man was on this street tonite, but his name is Randall and he is Dr. Nigel King's personal assistant, and I know him through my work with Dr. Bennet
    Dagmar Wolfe : "I don't believe you. Thanks for an enlighting evening." I get up and head for the door.
    Storyteller : He grabs your arm, "I say now, Wolfe, what's are you all on about? Have I been anything less than honest with you? Didn't I prove all I said I would. If anyone was dishonest here tonite it was you! Why didn't you tell me about your encounter."
    Dagmar Wolfe : Is that my hurt arm?
    Storyteller : let me flip a coin
    Storyteller : call it...heads or tails...
    Dagmar Wolfe : head
    Storyteller : and heads it the hurt arm..
    Storyteller : tails
    Dagmar Wolfe : "Dont try and turn this around on me. How was I supposed to know they exist! I thought I was hallucinating or something. I dont believe you about Randall. Now, are you gonna let go of my arm?"
    Storyteller : "But why, Wolfe?! Why don't you believe me? It's the truth!"
    Dagmar Wolfe : "Waaaaay too much of a coincidence."
    Storyteller : "Sit down for a second, and perhaps I could explain it to you."
    Dagmar Wolfe : I sit down reluctantly.
    Storyteller : "Look, Randall is an assistant to Dr. King, and Dr. Bennett.....They both are heavy into vampiric study. Randall is their right hand man, he knows almost as much about vampires as they do. He knows this place. He does business with many of the patrons here. There's no reason why he shouldn't be here."
    Storyteller : OOG: I posted your family
    Dagmar Wolfe : cool
    Dagmar Wolfe : Dagmar says. "ok, fine."
    Storyteller : Peter sort of sighs, rolls his eyes, and runs his hands through his hair, "God's sack, Wolfe. I've been nothing but up front with you. And you haven't even seen it fit to give me your first name. I don't know what your hang up is, but I'm not plotting against you or anything."
    Dagmar Wolfe : Dagmar looks over at Fiona wondering if shed be interested in a taste tomorow...
    Storyteller : Peter follows your gaze...."You know, she generally prefers young men....but you could ask her.."
    Dagmar Wolfe : "look at it from my perspective." She says not looking away from FIona. "Its a little suspicious."
    Storyteller : he says that a

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    After Randall and Elizabeth arrived home:

- Astrid took her to see the Triune Dagger. Afterward, she checked the book that had the picture, and it was uncanny how similar it was.

- There was a family meeting in which Elizabeth was told she would be accompanying the family on their next Archeological expedition. Also there, she met Viktor, who charmed her.

- At diner, had some really great wine.

- Finished Mystic of Samphi book before going to bed.

- Next morning, Darcy says Elizabeth needs equipment for the trip. They make plans to go shopping.

- At brunch, Elizabeth has some more delicious wine.

- Astrid screams and collapses in the library. Everyone ran to her side. She was alright.

- Before going shopping, Elizabeth had Darcy stop at Oxford so she could take back the Mystic of Samphi book. While there, she looked up the author, and found no other books by her.

- They went shopping, and got all the equipment, in a camo green.

- At dinner, Darcy said she was going out, and Astrid asked her to take Elizabeth along. She begrudgingly agreed.

- Darcy and Elizabeth went to a bar where they were met by Peter and Reiss. Reiss made out with Darcy, and started sucking on her neck til blood leaked, and Peter and Elizabeth chatted. Afterwards, Darcy was in a stupor, and Reiss started getting fresh with Elizabeth. When Peter tried to help Elizabeth, Reiss jumped him, and pinned him down. Elizabeth, scared that Peter might get hurt, took a beer mug to the back to Reiss? head. He turned and grabbed her. Elizabeth tried to push him off, and surprisingly, threw him across the room and against a wall. Reiss, hissing, ran away. Elizabeth asked Peter to take her and Darcy home. Before leaving, Peter introduced Elizabeth to Dagmar. The four of them climbed into Peter?s car, and towards Wildwood.

- After arriving home, Elizabeth went to her room, and saw a strange figure in the shadows. Upon closer inspection, there stood Viktor, waiting for her. She asked him to leave, and he did, eventually.

- The next morning, she got her stuff together, and got ready to leave on the mission.

- Dr. Nigel King asked to see Elizabeth. She went to his office, and he revealed to her the fact that she was the next Vampire Slayer, and that she has been gifted with super powers and will be trained on how to kill evil vampires. All of this is staggering to poor Elizabeth, but she takes the news better than one might think.

- There were tons of people assembled, many she?d never seen before. There was a briefing, and they said they were leaving the next morning. There was a dinner where Elizabeth had some more great wine, as well as some nasty words with Peter due to the fact that Elizabeth is jealous of Dagmar.

- Elizabeth went to bed after everyone left the dining room. And apparently, is the only one sleeping that night.

... and with that, I'm caught up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.