main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx "PFF in the Pines"

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by arizonasithlord, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, quarter of a year later and no PFF fix...so im wanting to see if I or a group of us can plan a Trip to Flagstaff again in feb-march for IA's b-day and try and make it a yearly thing up there depending on the weather of course. im wanting to start this now so we can nail down the details before the end of the year, i know with all the holiday stuff going i wont get much in responses untill it dies back down
    I have tentatively dubbed it "PFF in the Pines" as we did earlier this year i would like to see if we can organise some activitys in addtion to the paintball and Target shooting.
    My POA ( plan of action ) is to have a group go up Thur evening or friday set up camp, corden off the Paintball area and set up the other activitys before the remainder arrive either friday nioght or saturday morning. that way the sleeping areas could be cleaned out, tents set up ( for others if possible ) and a cooking/eating area, and of course our favorite a privy. and finally sunday have a breakfast and pickup, pack up and head out.
    I would like some ideas for othr activitys as well as paintball games that can be set up. I would to have some help setting this up if possible while im trying to make up for lost time with you all, there is no way i can do this by myself

post some replies if you want to suggest so things not apprprate for the boards run it by me and ill run it by the leadership.
    or if you have specific questions/request/suggestions PM me so i can address them, or have them addressed

2. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    As I recall, this was towards the end of April, and on the chilly side then. So I wouldn't recommend doing it any earlier in the year than that.

3. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    yes what she said, im at work...trying in vain to multitask/type this and just plain ol breath right now. but yes april is much better

4. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    i don't know, with everything that would need to be done and organized, not to mention the privy setup and takedown, is camping something we want on an annual basis?

which reminds me, anyone seen the privies at the army surplus shot? lot easier to use than prior privies...

5. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    well seeing as the following year we will be camping out in may.......
    and ther was nothing wrong with the privy i brought last time- it was very feild expediant

6. Dikion

Dikion Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Did somebody say "camping"? I love camping.
    Count me in, anytime, even in the winter.

If you need help with planning I can lend a hand.

One thing that I've done in the past is to have one person/group be in charge of b-fast one day, another does lunch and so on. Except for dinner, that tends to be a free for all since some will want to spend good money (steaks) and others will not (hot dogs), and steaks for a large group can get expensive. But when I've done dinner, I just made a load of stew. mmmmm....camping stew. potatoes, carrots, beef, and beer. What else do you need? (note: alcohol is cooked off)
    A problem with this approach is that if somebody plans on coming and has to flake out at the last minute, so goes our meal. That's one reason why I take lots of extra food and hot dogs.

-D-
    singing my camping song - camping camping camping caaaamping! I'm gonna go camping WOOOOO!

7. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I'm old - no two ways about it... and if I have to go camping in the winter time, I'll wait for Zoo to come down with the travel trailer...

or something...

I no longer have all of my winter camping gear... so...

I prefer to wait for warmer times i.e. late April or May... late May is better for up in the mountains...

Heh, I remember one time we camping up in Grier, it was 05 June... and it snowed on us... blah...

Warm weather camping is the way to go...

8. Dikion

Oct 3, 2003
    Last time I went in April to the Rim it snowed on us the whole time. Cold I can deal with, but wet cold, that's a bit rough.
    I can wait till it's warm.
    I guess.
    -D-

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    to the rim? you went out past tattooine? ryloth maybe?

10. Dikion

Oct 3, 2003
    Yep, and it's cold out there. If you're going...pack a few coats. You probably have one or two of those. And a slicker wouldn't hurt.
    -D-

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    well if you picked the right side of ryloth it wouldn't be cold.

camping is fun.

12. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    We're interested to say the least. I don't see any issues with timing at this point.
    And congrats, you started it....you get to plan it :p

13. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm planning a trip to Taos in June. :D

14. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    oh joy......

15. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Actually, I'm taking off for a weekend to spend in Taos. So, unless anyone else wants in, it will probably just be me :p Well, me and my camper ;)

16. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    COOL! I'm glad you had such a good time last time arizonasithlord you helped make it a blast. I'd be glad to help you plan/organize and believe me, it can be a feat. :D

April was a bit chilly, but we all had a good time. If you want to wait a month or two you may get more people to come because the weather will be nicer. May or even June would be splendid. I would LOVE for this to become an annual thing.

Plus if you wait till May my baby will be old enough to perhaps make it as well. ;) We'll see about that though.

Anyway, whatever month you intend to plan it for I'd be happy to help and even if I can't stay over night I'd be willing to drive in during the day for the festivities.

17. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Don't you people ever want to go somewhere with a hotel or motel??? :confused:

I'm too frelling old to camp!!! Catch a death of a cold! Oh, so that's it. Kill the old broad off by making her camp. If she doesn't freeze to death she'll get dragged off by a wild animal.

Thanks, just thanks!

8-}

18. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Disney trip Jada....kids welcome

19. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Disney trip, Void . . . Jada no dinero :(

Besides, what was that I once heard about a motel 6 in Flag one night?????? ;)

20. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I had a blast last time as well; most of you probably noticed.

No offense to Wench, but what if we held it a bit farther south this year. Perhaps somewhere in the middle, between Flag and Phoenix. The end of April is great in the lower elevations...

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Jada: I have no idea what you're talking about... ;) [face_blush] :D

IA: No offense taken, in fact I'd be up to a day trip somewhere in between Flag and Phoenix as well. April might be a bit early for me and baby to camp, but we might be able manage a day trip. But if we can't I'd still help you guys plan if needed. Camping in Sedona and places like Camp Verde or Prescott can be loads of fun, or even further south too.

22. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    as long as we can find a place to do this that wont require permits to camp, someplace thats open yet will have an area the will provide a good place to play paintball, and possible a location where we can if we decide to go and use our firearms in a safe manner. I was shooting for flag due to the fact the we knew the area i know it wont take that long for us to get medical help if needed and was not so far out that if we forgot something, somebody can go get it with out spending a more than an hour to do it. I havent been to sedona in a long time so i dont know whats out there. but im, open for all suggestions

23. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Gee Moe do you want to go Paintballing and target shooting?

HHHmmmm no need to twist his arm! Only thing is we need to see when there is a LONG weekend in or around the time you are suggesting. That would be way COOL!

24. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    hmm as far as long weekend go the nearest one of note is may 31 2004 memorial day, and im sure sedona and flag will be full of weekenders, so we would have to secure a location early. i want to shoot for a set of dates that everyone can narrow down to working the best but a three day weekend would be best

25. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ohh, May would be beautiful as far as weather is concerned for any site between Flag and Phoenix. Beaver Creek could be fun, anyone familiar with it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.