main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx PFF LAN Party **UPDATED**

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth_Moridin, Nov 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    **I have re-worked this post to reflect recent stuff**

TIME/DATE:

Friday/Saturday, January 3rd/4th. Start time is now 6:00PM on Friday (getting there any time after this is fine), with the festivities lasting as far into Saturday as we can stand.

STUFF TO BRING:

-A computer with a network card
    -CAT-5 network cable. If you do not have a network card or cable, one can likely be provided for you. Please contact one of the people who have posted about having extras.
    -Games. Bring them all...
    -Snack food. Preferrably enough to share.
    -Money. We will take up a collection for caffeinated beverages and pizza. You may bring your own drinks as well.
    -Any extra related stuff you may have.

OTHER STUFF:

-Commander_Choad will be bringing a PC for use by Carol and an 8-foot table.
    -IA is bringing a 32 port Cisco switch.
    -Jedi_Wench will use my spare Athlon 550 PC.
    -We need more chairs.

DIRECTIONS TO MY HOUSE:

8239 W. Hatfield Rd.
    Peoria, AZ 85383
    Cell: 623-363-3530

Take Loop 101 North/West to 75th Ave. (I'm assuming you will know how to get to the Loop 101)
    Exit 75th Ave and go North (right).
    Turn West (left) on Deer Valley Rd. (stoplight)
    Turn North (right) on 83rd Ave. (stoplight)
    Turn East (right) on Villa Lindo (this is the last right turn before the road dead-ends at a mountain)
    Turn North (left) on 82nd Dr. (this is the first left)
    My house is on the Southwest (right) corner of 82nd Dr. and Hatfield Rd.

You may park along the side near the garage (on 82nd), or along the front (on Hatfield).

2. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Im there.

But what games will we play?
    I have every Half-Life and a few others.
    Maybe we should make a list of people to attend and games to play so we can have enough "versions" of each game for all attending

3. SatanicBobTheBuilder

SatanicBobTheBuilder Jedi Youngling

Nov 28, 2002
    Im in I am sure my mom will let me use the puter.

4. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    And just as I was about to announce that I would be having my own the following weekend. Hope you're up for a double header. :D

5. Darth_Moridin

Sep 15, 2002
    Sweet, a double header. I can dig, baby.

6. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    YES! I'm looking forward to it. I hosted a LAN party right before I moved to AZ over 2 years ago. It's been WAY too long.

I'm assuming Jedi Knight II, and Quake III? What other games?

7. P2Gambit

P2Gambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2002
    And for those of us that don't have a computer to move with them and a network card, or network cables?

I know of a place by the laser quest on Baseline and Alma School called PC Internet House. They charge about 10-20 bucks for 5 hours of play time and their computers are freaking awesome. Plus, they have all the popular games.

I'd like a good game of 8 player starcraft too. :)

8. Darth_Moridin

Sep 15, 2002
    Yeah, but this way, we don't have to pay.

I'm open to all games. I really like Counterstrike and Serious Sam. Starcraft is a good standby, as well. JK: II is good, of course, and I also like Unreal: Tournement.

We can also run multiple games at once, if 2 groups want to play different things.

9. P2Gambit

P2Gambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, well I'm out then because I'm not gonna buy a network card nor cables.

Plus, I would never be allowed to bring my computer.

10. Darth_Moridin

Sep 15, 2002
    If you can get permission to bring your computer, I have a spare ethernet adapter that plugs into a USB port, so you don't need to open anything up to install it. You just plug it in. I also have a spare cable or 2 lying around.

If you can't bring your computer, I do have my parents, but it's only an AMD K6-2 400MHz, so you'll have to turn down the graphics resolution on most of the games.

11. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    I have a spare NIC card thats in a computer too.
    It has no HD (yet) but isnt too bad for a computer.
    Im sure if you have a computer with no network card and want to attend, we have enough people with spare parts and cards.

12. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    Besides, network cards are like 5 bucks, and cable is super cheap.

13. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I'm definitely going to try to make this one (and probabably Ronin's, too). I'll bring my 32 port Cisco Catalyst switch.

14. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I have a few unused PCI NICs if anyone needs one. Just let me know and I'll bring to our next meeting, it'll give you time to install and configure before the event. :)

15. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    hmmmm, this could get ugly...The way things are looking, I may be having my party the week prior, in other words, the same weekend as Moe, but Saturday/Sunday.

The reason for this is a good friend of mine who is going to school at UoA is going to be back on vacation, and the one glimmer of happiness in his dull life is that I will be hosting a lan party, and he may be gone back to school the next weekend.

16. Darth_Moridin

Sep 15, 2002
    Whoa, Scary. I also just picked up a couple more spare cables, and I have an 8-port switch.

17. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    all I am going to need is cabel that is the only thing I dont have. But everything is a go for the lan party I will be their.

18. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I'll be there too... I have a spare box I can bring if needed - it's a PII450 - so nothing fancy - but it'll get you on the LAN.

19. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    I would like to play, but I have no computer. So if people want to be nice and bring an extra one (even if it isn't the greatest), I'd appreciate it. :)

20. Darth_Moridin

Sep 15, 2002
    Sounds liek Ion_Control just reserved Choad's extra machine.

Choad, do you have a monitor, too?

21. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Yeah, I can do another monitor - unless you happen to have an extra floating around...

22. Darth_Moridin

Sep 15, 2002
    The only extra is actually on my parents K6-400 box, ant that may be in use, if we're in a pinch.

23. Master_R0nin

Oct 18, 2002
    I would not wish that horror on anyone, no offense, but I tried that once with the last computer my parents had which was a K6-3 500. You might be able to play CS, but that would be about it.

24. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Will someone be able to provide me with a cable or no? And also are you going to need extra table DM

25. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Cable is easy to get, I have lots of shorter CAT5 - nothing over 15 feet.. I would gladly pay someone tuesday, for a 50 foot CAT5 today... (I need one to run LAN in my house, and I'm so poor, I'm not even poor... just po' )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.