main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx PFF Meeting #16: Saturday, May 10th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Meeting Topics:

Birthdays
    Master
    on the 16th
    MexChewie on the 19th

Happy Birthday!

White PFF Shirts and JBS shirts
    This meeting is the deadline to pay for your order.
    Orders (in state) will be taken up until the meeting, and final count will be made.
    the topic thread is here.

PFF Exersies Program
    wardenx offered to set up an excersise program for the PFF. PM VoidDancer or check out the thread if you are interested.

New PFF flyers
    We are looking to create some new flyers.
    Could our talented people come up with some possible designs and we can vote on which one we want to use?

Board Contests
    VoidDancer is asking for ideas that we can run for contests. The goal is to have a winner that gets VIP-ship for 1 week with colors and no OPPM.
    the topic threa is here.

FanFilms
    Kev is planning to make a FanFilm based in the New Jedi Order time period, and would like help writing the script. The session is planned for noon on May 17th. Directions and specific info are listed on this thread. MrBunny666 would like to create improvisational episodes of the PFF soap opera, ?As the Sandcrawler Turns.? As of now, no planning date has been set up yet, so now is the time to put in your two-cents? worth.
    the topic thread for bunny's fan film is here.

Greedo and Zam Holly's wedding
    The wedding is July 19th and will be at ComicCon! Please send Zam Holly your address ASAP for invitations!

Upcoming Events:

ComicCon

ComicCon is quickly approaching!
    Some are looking into hotel rooms to split the cost, since La Casa de Sistine and Mobius has no more vacancies.

PFF trip to see Matrix:Reloaded
    Time to pull out all your black leather (or pleather) and sunglasses!! On May 15th, the second installment of the ?Matrix? trilogy premieres in theatres. The PFF is planning on going on opening night, around 1900hrs. at, of course, the AZ Mills Harkins.

Cine Capri Grand Opening
    The first movie to be shown at the new Cine Capri in Scottsdale is, ?The Incredible Shrinking Woman? er, I mean, ?Hulk.? :p
    sideshow and VoidDancer have been in touch with Bryan Laurel, the senior marketing manager for Harkins. They would like the PFF to help ouf with some publicity events that day in movie costumes (various movies, not just SW). As compensation, the volunteers will get in to see ?Hulk? for free. Any ideas for events should be posted, and we are looking forward to seeing "Off the Cuff" there too!

LAN Party
    After the meeting, we will head over to VoidDancer?s like a herd of cattle for a LAN party. It will run until the next morning.
    You will need to bring your own computer and epuipment.
    Bring your own food and drink as well, or the almighty buck to order pizza or something.
    the topic thread i

2. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Since the X-Men event (May 2nd) will be over by the 10th, I highly recomend checking the thread for times and stuff. Thanks! :D

-PARSEC

3. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    And this week's, "d'oh" award goes to...

:D

4. Zam_Holly

Zam_Holly Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Scott and my wedding it is in 3 mouths and I graduate on may 20th. I have asked for the 10th off from work so Scott and I will be there. So see you all there

5. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    i will take the X-MEN 2 showing off the agenda after the 2nd. we dont need to talk about it at the meeting since it will have already have happened, but its a nice reminder in the agenda, since most people check this out...

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I figured as much. Thanks Sideshow! :)

7. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Upping this for the newbies to see. :)

8. Darth_Myles

Darth_Myles Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Hope to finally make it to another PFF meeting. I have only been to like...one I think.

DAMN OPPM!!!

9. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    any other topics?

10. MonMartha

MonMartha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    What's OPPM?

Sorry I can't make the meeting, as I will be with the folks, in Cottonwood, on that day.

11. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    OPPM is the bad ol' puddy tat that hangs around, and prevents you from making more than one post per minute...

12. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Sand_Dancer will likely be attending this meeting as a new member (She's my girlfriend by the way)! :) I thought I'd never find a girl as big a geek as me! :D

13. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    This place is full of them ;)

14. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I have posted in the San Diego boards asking for people to sound out if they have space...People my want to start sending PM's to those who are available!

Thought I would post this here so you can talk about it at the meeting!

Thread in San-D

15. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I thought I'd never find a girl as big a geek as me!

Yes, LP... I guess I was just chopped liver...

;)

16. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    updated...

17. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    maybe this is something i could do, webmastering... i mean, i've got the software, what's the worst that could happen...

18. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    what's the worst that could happen...

Famous last words... :))

19. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Very funny, MJ... ;)

20. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    My sister will be giving me a ride to Atomic Comics, but I would appreciate if someone could give me a ride back to my sister's house after the meeting (or after the LAN party if that's where everyone is going but I don't have a computer to play). :)

21. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    the LAN party will be going on until sunday...so if your not staying you might need a ride. we'd love to have you hang out with us though!

22. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Hmm, I suppose I could do that. ;) :)

23. Master_R0nin

Master_R0nin Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    Though LAN parties are not the best place for "hanging out." You won't get much more conversation then grunts and groans and the occasional "WHERE THE **** DID THAT COME FROM?!?!?!...I'm sorry, you were saying something?" ;)

Unless you enjoy watching geeks (like me) play computer games. Heh, I for one know of a couple of people that actually do get a kick out of watching others and never playing.

24. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    well, its almost going to be two parties, because we will have the LAN party, but there will be others hanging out and doing there thing.

25. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    sideshow, i'd like to add to the agenda that i want a head count of people going to comic-con that'll be at the hotel. or, i'll just ask at the end of the meeting. or both. anyway, i'll bring it to everyone's attention just to make sure that i've got everyone down that's at the hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.