main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx PFF T-Shirts

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, May 26, 2002.

?

PFF T-Shirts

Poll closed Jun 5, 2002.
  1. Yes!!! I want them. $10 max, please

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Yes!!! I want them. $15 max, please

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  3. Yes!!! I want them. $20 max, please

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. Why bother? I'm a Slug-Bert. and don't want your stinkin T-Shirts

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    If you're interested in having a PFF T-shirt, please let us know. We're also going to have a T-Shirt design contest, so bring any design ideas to the June Meeting. We'll vote on the design at that time.

You do not need to be a dues paying member of the PFF to get a T-shirt, and any cost of the T-shirt will be beyond the PFF voluntary dues.

The goal is to have a professional looking T-short to be worn by non-costumed people at PFF events, fundraisers, etc, and also for people to wear when costumes are not appropriate (whenever that might be ;) )

2. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    If you're interested in having a PFF T-shirt, please let us know. We're also going to have a T-Shirt design contest, so bring any design ideas to the June Meeting. We'll vote on the design at that time.

You do not need to be a dues paying member of the PFF to get a T-shirt, and any cost of the T-shirt will be beyond the PFF voluntary dues.

The goal is to have a professional looking T-shirt to be worn by non-costumed people at PFF events, fundraisers, etc, and also for people to wear when costumes are not appropriate (whenever that might be ;) )

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    you know i'm all for these! i will bring my designs! :D

4. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Comments, anyone?

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Just IMO, I think $10 t-shirts would be a bit more accessable to everyone and still have a really good design. We'll have to get the specifics on what the shop will charge in terms of a minimum order, number of colors, and areas on the shirt where we can print.

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Agreed, I'm all for maximizing the looks, while keeping the costs down.

Does anyone have any contacts for getting shirts doen well, but inexpensively?

7. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    Shirts can be sold on cafepress.com. I dont think it is necessary to buy them in bulk first.

8. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    My mom gets her t-shirts done at Serious Signs and Specialties. She said the screening fee is about $40 and the shirts are $7 for one color. It's obviously going to be slightly higher for multiple colors.

I'll give them a call and see what I can find out. I'll bring the results to the next PFF meeting. They are on my side of town, so I am willing to be the official t-shirt liason, if we decide to go through this company.

9. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Obey, your "no" responses are hilarious. [face_laugh] "I'm a Slug-bert"!?? Anyway, yeah, I've heard a number of people go on about the beauty of Cafepress.com - they print the t-shirts when they get an order - no more, no less. I'll check 'em out. I'll also re-contact that girl about the Jedi cactus design. :)

^.^

10. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    Like I said at the officers meeting, I have had an itch to illustrate IA's Jedi Cactus idea in large scale which would be ideal for a t-shirt.

If your girl can't do it, I will. Let me know.

11. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    That would be great, Subjugator. And if anyone else has a design they would like to submit (Obey Wann's "Got Force?" idea) we're definitely taking submissions.

12. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    So will we be voting on the shirt designs then, like we did for the icon?

13. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    yes.

here's an idea...

front: jedi cactus wearing official icon badge and sporting a lightsaber.

back: Got Force? below that...Phoenix Fan Force.

Lets hear some other ideas...

14. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    ooh, me likes, muy muy...

That pic at the top of the screens with Phoenix and Tie Fighters would be interesting too. But I don't know how good it would look on a shirt.

15. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Cafepress seems interesting --if we get a couple of shirt designs, then maybe we can print the top 2. If you want one, but not the other, it seems more possible.

If we go witha place with a screening fee, then obviously we won't go with multiple designs.

Just a thought.

16. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    cafepress.com always seems like a good idea, but they're very impersonal about all of their clients, and if there are any mistakes, they aren't very reassuring about them... i've had some bad business from them, and i have had friends be cheated out of some sales as well...

i'm always down to go with local businesses for stuff like that. someone you can do business with face to face is always the best way to go.

anywho sideshow, if you're up for it, we should collaborate on a design. ;]

17. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    cafepress.com offers white t-shirts, ash grey t-shirts, jr. baby doll t-shirts, tank tops, ladies tank tops, golf shirts, baseball jerseys, long sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts, boxer shorts, visors, baseball caps, beach hats, stainless steel travel mugs, frosted mugs, large and regular coffee mugs, tile coasters, bbq aprons, insulated cooler bags, tote bags and mousepads.

All of which can have the design of your choice.

Proceeds from sales can be sent to our treasurer.

18. BrandonBa2

BrandonBa2 Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    I Love The Idea For a T-Shirt I Would Spend Up To 30.00 for A PFF Shirt....:) Though I Have No Ideas Expet The PPF In Star Wars Font X-P......

19. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    BrandonBa2 - you thinkin' something like this?

[image=http://members.cox.net/kreleia/images/title.gif]

I designed that for the very first flyer we did. :D Haven't ever used it for anything else, though.

^.^

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Krelia: You might be onto something there...

21. aero-

May 4, 2002
    oh, side note...i dunno about you, but i absoultely despise logo/graphics on the right or left breast of a t-shirt. that went out in the late 80s! if you're going to have a simple logo or graphic, i'm down for a plain white or black t-shirt with a plain white or black logo or graphic in the middle breast position on the shirt!

that means nothing on the back! don't succumb to the anchor blue trend!

22. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    [image=http://66.113.171.86/staging/pff/images/tshirts/pfftshirtback1.gif]

shirt back concept

23. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    "Got Force"???

That sounds strikingly similar to another SW costuming outfit's T-Shirt that I know off....

Hmm....Who could that be? ;)

Seriously, I'm sure with all the talented people here you guys can come up with something a little more original?

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I just think the shirts should be something as special as our little group of SW nuts in AZ, that's all.

Heck, I say you do a nice big version of the rebel insignia with the AZ flag in it for the back, and some clean, simple text logo for the left breast area.

Just my opinion.

24. aero-

May 4, 2002
    GAHHH!

Subjugator has fallen victim to the Anchor Blue Trendee-Bug!

Vaccinate!

25. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    What is Anchor Blue?
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.