main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Phantom Menace VCD

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth Lynn, Dec 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Lynn

Darth Lynn Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2000
    Does anybody know of anywhere in Chicago or the suburbs that sells the TPM VCD?

2. Darth Angst

Darth Angst Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2000
    No, but I do know someone who sells the DVD, and it is much better quality than the VCD and will play on any DVD player. I have a set of all 4 episodes I can sell you. They are widescreen with foreign subtitles and they are Dolby Digital surround sound! You can't get em anywhere but here. Send me a private message if you're interested.

3. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I believe those DVD movies you have are against the law!! I could be wrong, but LF never made any DVD versions.

JediLars

4. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Ah, stick a sock in it, Lars....you know that if you were offered one of those DVDs you would take it. Morality only goes so far...then greed takes over.

What would you do if your friend invited you over for a special viewing of an Episode II bootleg? Would you say "No way, that's illegal!"? I wouldn't. I'd say "I'll bring the popcorn!"

5. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Heh heh....

"I will make it legal."

6. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Say Mav, don't take me too serious! I was joking!! I knew I would get someone upset. But to be honest I wouldn't see a bootleg copy of EPII. Not because it was illegal, because it would ruin the whole excitement watching the movies for the first time on the big screen.

JediLars

7. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Ackchully Lars...

I was referring to AFTER the movie came out in the theatres (though I didn't say that). With Episode 1...I had a Cantoneese copy on VHS about 2 months after the film hit theatres.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.