main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Phantom of the Enclave- LSF Exile, LSM Revan, Atton, Mical

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by East_Coast_Ryder, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. East_Coast_Ryder

East_Coast_Ryder Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2005
    The man- boy, really, he was only in his late teens (but he?d never admit it)- carefully, silently walked down the abandoned staircase to the place he?d come to call his home. He had been surprised when he found the place, for the few spacious and elegantly decorated- albeit dark and secluded- rooms which he discovered had been deserted, clearly years before if the layer upon layer of dust he had to clean off had anything to say. He had lived in this small basement for going on a year now, ever since the accident. And he had soon discovered a set of passageways that led off to other parts of the building.

It had taken him two weeks to memorize the layout and to determine which places were useful to listen in on. Shortly after that, he?d discovered the girl. He hadn?t realized at first that she was a Jedi-in-training, a
    padawan, he had learned they were called. But once he did, he finally knew where- and what- the building was. The Jedi Enclave.

They talked- him about the world outside, the world he longed to be a part of once more, and her about the Jedi who looked down on her because of her unique gifts- and he found it increasingly difficult to stay away from her. They?d never met in person, but there was nothing- nothing- that would stop him from loving her. And getting her to love him.

Even the Jedi. Even if he had to kill every one of them.

She had never been able to sense him. Sometimes she wondered if he was even real, or if she was crazy- hearing voices in her head. She had never told anyone- not even the adorable padawan who tagged along almost everywhere she went, Mical. It was her little secret- a friend who taught her about the world outside the enclave, who taught her how to use a blaster, who would hide her little gifts on occasion- the only proof that he actually existed.

He was somehow... detached from the Force, she supposed. Every once in a while there would be a flash of emotion, numbers, or very rarely a stray thought, but he was always hidden from her until he spoke- and he only did that when she was alone.

He must be an angel. And that was what she called him in her mind- her angel. Not like the ones from Iego, but the more spiritual variety. She had heard about them in her studies of interplanetary religions- like the angels that served the gods of Alderaan or Onderon. Guides.

Kippen Saito had recently been knighted, which should have been a happy occasion, but she felt as lonely and weak as a youngling. She would have to choose an apprentice soon, and that would mean no longer being alone... No longer able to hear the angel... Her angel.

?You?re worried,? his smooth baritone commented, floating into the room, seemingly from nowhere and everywhere at the same time. That voice- it seemed to always be able to console her, to make her weak in the knees, enveloping her in its embrace. She had long suspected that he was Force-sensitive (How else could he do these things?) Perhaps he was, or perhaps she was worse at hiding her emotions than she thought.

Kippen sighed. ?I?m not supposed to have attachments,? she whispered, longing to be in his arms for real. ?And now that I?m a knight...?[i] I?m afraid I?m going to lose you,[/i] she thought.

As though he had heard her thoughts, he chuckled, deep and resounding. ?You?ll never lose me, angel,? his voice was as a hand, slowly drawing itself down her cheek. ?I?ll always be here, inside your mind.?

It never ceased to amuse her that they called each other ?angel?.

?Knight Saito?? A timid, high-pitched, yet distinctly male voice came from outside her door.

She hadn?t even heard the knock. Quickly, she dropped onto the bed, entering a meditation pose as though it were second nature- which it was. ?Yes, Mical??

The tow-headed padawan bowed as he entered the room, face contorted in confusion. ?Who were you talking to?? Mical asked.

The lie was always somehow more difficult to say to Mical. The boy was so innocent, and it was hard to pretend that no one else was there- even if it were technically

2. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Nice! Totally reminds me of Phandom of the Opera. ^_^ I like how you've interwoven all the characters so far.

If you have a PM list, please add me to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.