main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Phantom of the Past (Completed 6/7)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, thought that I'd at least post the teaser for this one, which will be beginning in earnest once I finish "Rising Hope, Rising Darkness". I'm making nothing off of this, just doing it for fun. All other usual disclaimers apply.

And now, as Elliot Carver put it, "Let the mayhem begin."

Dramatis Personae

The Jedi

Ben Skywalker - male human from Coruscant, Jedi Master, Council member
    Lowbacca - male Wookiee from Kashyyyk, Jedi Master, Council member
    Anakana Djo Solo - female human from Hapes, Jedi Master, Council member
    Shmi Fel - female human from Chandrila, Jedi Master, Council member
    Valin Horn - male human from Corellia, Jedi Master, Council member
    Ghonka Dx'ana - female Ishori from Ishor, Jedi Master, Council member
    Maaizeh Windu - Jedi Master
    Kam Rhysode - male human from Chandrila, Jedi Master
    Jysella Horn- female human from Corellia, Jedi Master
    Lara Donos - female human from Corellia, Jedi Knight
    Sora Veila - female human from Coruscant, Jedi Padawan
    Han Skywalker - male human from Chandrila, Jedi Padawan
    Luke Skywalker - male human from Tatooine, Jedi Master
    Mara Jade Skywalker - female human from Coruscant, Jedi Master
    Kyp Durron - male human from Deyer, Jedi Master

The Republic

Padme Durron - Chancellor
    Vana Dorja Hamner - Minister of Defense
    Hiram Saretti - Minister of State
    Teneniel Solo Djo - Queen Mother of Hapes

......Forty years have passed since the final battle with the.....
    ....Yuuzhan Vong. The Republic has faced its challenges..........
    ............and grown steady as the law of the galaxy.................

.............The JEDI KNIGHTS have resumed their ......................
    role as the protectors of peace and justice. The Jedi who.........
    ...re-founded the Order have stepped aside, leaving the..........
    .........duties in the hands of a new generation........................

.......But on the fringes of the Outer Rim, far from....................
    Coruscant, a shadow begins to rise. Led by Ben Skywalker,.....
    .......the new Order will need to look to its past.......................
    ........in order to deal with the oncoming threat........................

That's it for now.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hummm... No Jaina, no Jacen, no Anakin. No idea who most of these characters are.... I'm in :D

Ben's in charge, eh? This should be interesting.

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    PLJ, that would be an understatement if you read any of Tych's last few fics. Does the name Nelson DeMille mean anything to you? :D

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Nelson DeMille? Should that name mean something to me?

So Ben should be fun, eh? Well maybe I'll have to catch up on Tych's other ficcy to see what he's done w/ Ben. :eek:

5. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Glad to see you're jumping in on this, PLJ. And most of the names wouldn't mean anyhting to anybody, seeing as they're almost all original characters. And that would be what he's done with Ben, seeing as I'm a guy. As for who DeMille is, he's the author of The General's Daughter, among other works.

Sebby, I don't think I'm anywhere near DeMille's quality, but thanks for the compliment.

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    [Run's off and sticks head in sand for not checking profile]

:_| Sorry!

7. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh so cool. Love Ben Skywalker stories. Need more soon. :)

8. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
  9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    No, problem, PLJ.

Welcome to the fic, ZaraValinor. Hope you'll enjoy the ride.

Yup, it's a sequel, but unlike any of the ones I've done prior to this, seeing as I'm jumping over a good sized period of years, Yoda_Drinks.

And, since I'm feeling generous, here's the first part of the actual story.

The remote swooped, ducked, swooped again, and fired, catching Han Skywalker off guard, and spiking an energy dart right into his calf. His swing of the lightsaber stopped as he heard the remote pause. Rubbing at his calf, he looked at his grandfather, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. "It was just too fast," Han said, even though he knew that this was no excuse.

"You weren't paying attention, were you?" Luke asked. "You must feel the Force around you."

"I'm trying, but..." Han said, then realized what was coming next.

"Try not," Luke said. "Do..." he paused, waiting to see if Han would finish the quotation.

"Or do not, I know," Han said, sighing. "It's just that I haven't gotten the necessary control down yet."

"I think it's just that you want to get out there and make a difference. You have your heart set on adventure, don't you?" Luke smiled. "I remember what Yoda said when I first arrived on Dagobah. He said that I was always looking to the future and the horizons. That I never had my mind on what I was doing."

"And here I am, doing the same thing."

"And that," Luke said, pausing for dramatic effect as he looked at his grandson, "is why you fail. I think you've had enough training for one day. I suggest you go and think about what I said."

"I will, Master," Han said, closing down the golden-bladed lightsaber he had constructed. He ran a hand through his dark hair, inherited from his great-grandmother, Padme Naberrie Amidala Skywalker. He wondered just how much longer it would take before he would be able to handle the Force the way his grandfather did.

++++++++++++

That's it for now. I'm not sure when I'll be putting up the next part, seeing as most of my energy is currently being put towards finishing off "Rising Hope, Rising Darkness." But hopefully, it won't be too long.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. aelie

aelie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2003
    Whoohoo ! I'm adding this one to my list of threads to up ! Can't wait for this to REALLY start !

me

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Han Skywalker- what a name to have to live up to. Talk about duality- being part reckless adventurer and Skywalker...

And boy- in his old age, Luke's turning more and more into Yoda! :eek:

(Kinda reminds me of my grandmother- who tells the same stories over and over... Luke gives the same lessons over and over :p )

Good start! :D

12. Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull

Yoda_Drinks_Red_Bull Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2002
  13. aelie

aelie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2003
  14. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeesh - what PLJ said. Luke's turning into a regular old fart. :p

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Using the same type of idea I had I see. I like yours better. Nice title.

16. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Well, it seems I have quite a few people to reply to. Yay! :)

Glad to have you here, aelie. Hopefully, this'll be worthy of upping!

Yeah, Han's got a bit of conflict to overcome, PLJ. Maybe Ben made a mistake naming his kid after his uncle. Glad you enjoyed the Yoda-esque Luke.

I see you found your way over here, Yoda_Drinks. Glad you liked it.

Yeah, well, he had to get old sometime, Sebby.

I'd kinda been toying around with this idea, yoda. And just so you know, the idea of the enemy here was partly inspired by your fic.

And now, how about a look at Ben?

"Not exactly the sort of place I'd expect to find a Jedi Master," Ben Skywalker said, approaching the pair of feet that stuck out from underneath the shuttle that the Jedi Council usually used for the occasional flight to Coruscant. Modified over and over again, it barely resembled the original form of the shuttle. In fact, about the only "standard" component of the old shuttle was the cockpit.

"Just wanted to check on the engines," came a voice from underneath the shuttle. "They seemed a little unbalanced during that last flight."

"Oh, so it wasn't just a bad landing?" Ben asked, grinning. Sure now of who it was under the engine cowling, Ben decided that he had to tease his fellow Council member just a little bit.

"Of course it wasn't a bad landing," Shmi Fel said, sliding out from underneath the engine. "You know, we could probably tweak the engines a bit, get it to go a little faster."

Ben rolled his eyes, but couldn't resist chuckling. Shmi had certainly inherited a love of mechanics, probably from her mother, Jaina Solo Fel. "And why, pray tell, would we need to go any faster? This bucket will already do .6 past lightspeed. Something tells me that you simply want an excuse to take the Maverick Eagle apart again."

"Well, the cockpit is kinda cramped," she said, a broad grin splitting her beautiful face, running all the way up into her blue eyes. "Besides," she added, her eyes beginning to get a look in them that made Ben wish he hadn't drawn her out from under the shuttle, "wouldn't you like to beat some of Han Solo's speed records?"

"Not if the price is running from a Hutt," Ben said. "Besides, we have more important things to do. Jysella and Sora just landed, and they've got some news that they apparently think is worth the attention of the Council. Just thought I'd come down and warn you," Ben said, running a hand through his reddish-blonde hair.

"Great. So in other words, I've got what, ten minutes to get this engine grease out from under my nails," Shmi asked.

"Something like that," Ben said, as he exited the hanger with a laugh.

++++++++++++

That's all for now. I'll try and post some more soon!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So we have 2 cousins meeting up here.

Good to see that Jaina managed to pass on the Solo motor-head skills to her daughter.

Man, I love your posts- they take 2 minutes to read. It's like snacking. ;)

18. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Yup, PLJ, Jaina's definitely passed on the Solo gift for working with machines. Shmi's also picked up her sarcastic side from her mother.

Sorry, no post today, though I will be updating the other fic.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

19. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, I didn't post yesterday, so here's a bit more today!

"The Hutts are up to their old tricks, or so some of the outer systems," Hiram Saretti said, lounging in one of the chairs in the Chancellor's office. He was tall, and lanky, a trait which seemed to have been passed on from his grandfather, Hiram Drayson. His eyes, though, were definitely inherited from his father, former Minister of State Ephin Saretti, who had served Chancellor Triebakk during the final battle with the Yuuzhan Vong, and also during the Sith crisis shortly thereafter.

Padme Durron took a moment to consider the matter before replying. Sending in the fleet to blockade Nal Hutta would be quickest way to bring the Hutts back in line, but it would only be a temporary fix. As soon as the fleet departed, the Hutts would simply return to business as usual. It would probably also frighten some systems. Even three years into her first five-year term as Chancellor, she found there was some prejudice against her. Not only were some senators still reminded of Palpatine, but others recalled the actions of her father, Kyp.

"I would suggest some form of economic sanctions," she said, running a hand through her brown hair. She wore it in a loose braid, seeing as the Senate would not be meeting today and she felt like being somewhat informal for a change. "That way, we would hit the Hutts where it would hurt the most, and maybe keep them from trying something that would make us take more drastic measures."

"One thing that bothers me is that we've had reports that they've actually tried to get something going on Ylesia again. Of course, such reports are unconfirmed."

Padme leaned back, massaging her eyes with her fingertips. She'd been looking at datapads all morning, and it seemed as though the afternoon would be more of the same. "Of course, I presume that any direct action is out of the question."

"Naturally. However, given what the Hutts have done there in the past, it might be possible for the Jedi to do something."

"I'll talk to Master Skywalker. Anything else that demands my attention at the moment?" she asked.

"Not right now. Though if I try, I'm sure that I can find something..."

"Don't," Padme said.

++++++++++++

Maybe a little more tomorrow, but don't bet the farm on it.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Alright- I need to ask- so is/was Jaina Padme's mother too? Did she end up w/ both Jag and Kyp? ?[face_plain] If so it would explain other Skywalker throwbacks in her genepool. She's smart and sassy.

Very interesting... those darned Hutts, always making trouble :(

Good post!

21. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    "Not right now. Though if I try, I'm sure that I can find something..."
    "Don't," Padme said.

Hee hee. Where have I heard that before? ;)

For that matter, where have I heard this anti-Hutt business before? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? [face_mischief]

22. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Nope, PLJ, Padme Durron's mother is Pooja Naberrie, the daughter of Padme Amidala's sister, who I married with Kyp. So while there is a connection, it's through the Naberrie side of the family. And yes, the Hutts are causing trouble again.

Yeah, there's probably some influence from your fics there, Sebby.

Post hopefully coming tonight.

Tych_sel

23. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    This is definitely not what I signed up for when I became a Jedi, Lara Donos thought as she trudged through the jungles of Toprawa. The planet had been blasted into the stone age by the Empire following the decision of a few to pass on the plans to the Death Star. Even with the fall of the Empire, it seemed as though enough things had cropped up during the formative years of the galactic government. First there had been the invasion by the Yuuzhan Vong, and then the appearance of the two Sith Ladies. If any government deserved a break, it had been this one.

But wasting time dwelling on such thoughts wasn't going to get her off this rock any faster, she knew. She plunged further in, hardly noticing as a branch scratched the tunic she wore. Guess having shorter hair can be a benefit, she thought. At least I don't have to worry about it getting caught on a branch or something like that. She pulled out her lightsaber, and ignited the golden blade, in order to cut through a particularly thick bunch of vegetation. Still no sign of the settlement, and she had been walking for what seemed like hours. Returning the weapon to her belt, and shugging off the pack that she had brought with her, she settled down against a tree trunk, and closed her eyes, drawing upon the Force to rebuild her waning energy reserves.

A twig snapped, and her blue eyes flew open, to find a child standing there. "Who are you?" the child asked.

"My name is Lara Donos. I'm a Jedi Knight." As she spoke, her danger sense flared, and she just had time to reach for the lightsaber before she felt a stun bolt course through her. Where did they get that? she asked herself. Not that it really mattered, she realized, as she slipped into blackness.

++++++++++++

That's it for now, but I hopefully will have something new up by Saturday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sorry, no post as of yet, but I will try and get something up either today (5/16) or tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Guess having shorter hair can be a benefit, she thought. At least I don't have to worry about it getting caught on a branch or something like that.

Hee hee- now there's an insightful way into a woman's mind. [face_laugh] That IS the way we think ;) (BTW very cool you did a female w/ short hair.)

Humm... poor Lara- will be interesting to see what these people want with her.

Things are getting interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.