main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Phantom of the Past (Completed 6/7)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: Yup, either Ankin found the plans, or else he actually dug up Maul's Infiltrator. Had to throw that little cameo in.

Coruscant was in an uproar. Already there had been numerous and conflicting reports about what had happened on Hapes. The only thing that appeared clear was that chaos reigned for the moment in the Cluster, not a Queen Mother. Class were flooding into Trisea's office, and for the moment, she wasn't quite sure how to deal with the flood. Some had expressed sympathy over the perceived loss of the Queen Mother. Others had demanded that she bring forth any information concerning who was behind the assault.

"You'll have to make a statement sooner or later," one of her aides suggested. "And the sooner you give them the facts, the sooner they'll quit coming up with their own versions of what happened."

"I still don't know what happened," and exasperated Trisea snapped. "It's just that I don't know any more than they do, Alecsio."

"Then perhaps you should simply tell them that, and that further information will be made known as soon as you learn of it."

"I just don't know. I can't imagine what would happen if the Queen Mother is dead. It would be worse than when her namesake died. At least then, Tenel Ka was able to take the throne."

"One way or another, the longer you wait, the more outrageous the stories are going to become."

"I know. I guess I needed somebody to give me some support that I was doing the right thing."

"As long as it's for the good of the people, you'll know. Besides, I don't think that the Queen Mother would have put you here in this position if she couldn't trust you to make the right decisions."

"Thanks, Alec," she said, shortening his name. Then she rose, took a deep breath, and opened the door to the office. A flood of questions poured over her like a tide from the reporters who had all but set up camp outside her office. "Quiet!" she called.

"As some of you have already heard, there was an attack on the Fountain Palace on Hapes today by an unknown party. The attack appears to have been focused on the Queen Mother and her parents. As of right now, I do not know the status of the Queen Mother, or her family. Let us hope that she is, in fact, safe."

"Was this a symbolic assault on the Hapan matriarchy?" one reporter called.

"Has Master Solo been summoned back to Hapes, should it be necessary for her to take the throne?" another called. Still others added their voices.

"This attack seems centered on the Queen Mother," Trisea replied, "but beyond that, it is simply too early to say. As for Master Solo, she is still on Chandrila, though three Battle Dragons have been dispatched, should it prove necessary for her to return home. I will announce any further information as it comes in. May the Force be with us, and may we quickly find the perpetrators, that they may be brought to justice." She then turned, and retreated back into the office.

"A call has just come in from home, Senator," Alecsio said. Trisea retreated into the inner office, and triggered the holoplate. Thankfully, the image of the Queen Mother appeared. Her hair was disheveled, and blood oozed from a small cut above one russet eyebrow.

"Thank the Force you're alive," Yrisea said. "We've been worried sick."

"And I have to ask that you continue to appear that way," Teneniel said. "We must appear to have been killed in the attack. Otherwise, whoever was behind this will return. And next time, we might not be so lucky."

"I understand, Queen Mother," Trisea said, but the look in Teneniel's eyes said that the Queen Mother didn't believe it.

"Whomever was behind this attack wanted chaos to reign. So reign it must, until the attacker reveals his or her intentions."

"And then what? We simply let them go?"

"No. We, along with the Republic, will see that they face the full penalty for their atrocities, not only here, but elsewhere."

++++++++++++

That's it for now. More will be coming, but probably not

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    so all 4 are merely wounded?

3. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: I'll answer that in today's post.

Rather than wait until tomorrow, I'll put the next postie up now. But don't expect anything after this until Saturday.

Jacen sensed a tremor in the Force, and knew that there was danger. "Get down!" he shouted, diving at his wife and daughter and bearing them both to the floor. It wasn't a moment too soon, as the window they'd been looking out from was shattered by a laser blast. He hunched over the bodies of Tenel Ka and Teneniel, and felt his back peppered by shards of glass. He looked to the side, and felt his heart sink.

Padme lay there, a couple of large pieces of windowpane extending from her body. She didn't have time, Jacen thought, to react. As soon as the glass had settled, he reached over, his fingers searching for a pulse, but as he looked into her eyes, he knew. She was dead, or mortally wounded. Teneniel seemed to be in shock, but Tenel Ka was already on her feet.

"I need medics up here immediately. And somebody find out where that shot came from. Inform Admiral Streavon that no ship is to leave Hapan space without a thorough scan, and clearance from me." Even as she gave the order though, Tenel Ka knew that they wouldn't find the would-be assassin. To have gotten in that closely...

Jacen's thoughts appeared to mirror her own, as he rose from the bloodied tiles. "You think that ship had a cloaking device?"

"I don't know. But it would explain how they were able to get in this close." She shook her head. "I should have seen this coming!"

"Don't blame yourself. If I'm right, that was a Sith out there. Even Luke's had trouble sensing them."

"She was sent to Hapes to be protected. Instead, she ends up dead? And how do you think her father's going to react?"

He'll go ballistic, Jacen thought. Something like this could send Kyp straight to the Dark Side. "He'll understand. He knew what kind of risks being a Jedi posed. He knew that she could die." But I don't know if her ever expected she'd die surrounded by other Jedi. Should I have tried to save her, instead of my family? Could this have been one of those wrong decisions Vergere had counseled him against? "Besides, we'll see what we can learn before we have to tell him."

Tenel Ka's comlink chirped, and she pulled it free. Her face blanched.

"What is it?"

"Kyp Durron just showed up insystem with two flights of fighters. And he's requesting landing clearance."

++++++++++++

That's all for tonight. More to come soon.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

4. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    So you killed Padmè then. And Kyp will indeed be upset. Who was the mother?

5. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: Yeah, I figured that letting them all walk away would be a little unrealistic. And I wasn't about to kill off a member of the royal family. Kyp's reaction will be interesting though. Who's he going to blame? Jacen? Ben? The Sith? As for who Padme's mother was, well, you could look back, but she's the daughter of Padme Amidala's niece, Pooja.

And now, onto the next postie.

"It was a Sith behind the attack on Hapes," Tahiri said, standing beside Jaina before the Jedi Council. "Only a Sith would be flying that kind of fighter."

"What are we talking about, exactly," Valin said, as he leaned forward to get a better look at the image of the craft being projected. "It looks like a modified TIE."

"You could say that," Tahiri said. "From the records we have, it seems that Raith Seiner, whose designs became the distinctive TIE fighters of the Empire, had an interest in this ship after at was captured on Naboo. Even the Jedi were a little leery of it. One commented that it stank of the Dark Side."

"And now it reappears," Ben said, his chin resting on his hand as he too leaned forward. "What would this ship be capable of, besides a sneak attack like we saw on Hapes?"

"A Sith could land on one of our worlds without our knowledge, but other than playing shadow games, this wouldn't be much more useful than an ordinary snubfighter. At least, as a weapon."

"But it could be," Anakana said. "Think about the terror and suspicion such a weapon could cause. Already, panic has begun to grip the Republic. The Senate, I've heard, is considering pulling elements of the fleet back to protect Coruscant. And we already know that the craft has been to Hutt Space. Just think what could have been done there. The pilot could have made us think our own ships were firing on us."

"They were," Jaina replied. I can attest to that. We thought it odd that the Brentaal forces dropped in, but were surprised even more when they opened fire."

"You're sure it was from Brentaal?" Ben asked. "The fleet that aided the Hutts?"

"That's who they claimed to be," Jaina said. "I didn't stick around, thinking it was my duty to get back here. The pilot, a Sith Lady, I think, told me to inform you, Master Skywalker, that her husband sends his regards."

Ben's face had gone from pale to ashen. "I think I know where she is," He finally said. "Or at least, where their stronghold is. And I must go."

"You can't be seriously considering just walking in there," Anakana said.

"It isn't something I take lightly," Ben said, sighing. "But it is something I must do. Because unless I go, everything could be lost."

++++++++++++

That's it for now. Next post will see the two Sith, and then probably a Han Skywalker post.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

6. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    What is Ben thinking? waltzing into a sith stronghold. Hopefully he will bring back up?

7. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: Ben's acting like a Skywalker...he's not thinking.

Okay, I know I promised something Sithly, but it wouldn't quite come to me. So instead, we'll get a Kyp post, with a bit of a surprise, I think, given the circumstances under which he's arriving.

"I'm sorry, Kyp," Jacen said. "I know, I should have seen this coming. I should have been able to stop this from happening."

"She chose the life of a Jedi," Kyp said, looking down at his hands, which held Padme's lightsaber. Though her body had not faded immediately, it had done so only moments after Jacen chacked for some sign of life. It was as though Padme had struggled to hold onto life, but finally surrendered herself to the Force.

"Ben sent her here to be protected. Instead, I let her die."

Kyp took hold of Jacen's shoulders. "You protected your family. That isn't wrong, Jacen. In fact, I find myself grateful that you took the action you did. Because if your daughter had died, we wouldn't have a chance of stopping the Republic from falling apart."

"Still, the sacrifice of your daughter..."

"Let me tell you something, Jacen. When Padme decided to become a Jedi, I opposed her. I told her that I didn't want the best part of my life being put in danger, the thing that meant so much to me. Do you know what her reply was? She told me, 'I love the Republic. As I can no longer serve it as a politician, I will serve it as a Jedi. I would rather die than see the Republic crumble.' She died doing what she wanted, Jacen. Don't take that away from her."

Jacen took a moment to think about what the older Jedi had said. "She wouldn't have wanted to see what might have happened if I saved her instead of Teneniel, would she?"

"If it meant the Republic would fall apart, no."

"Then at least let me come with you. I want to see the face of the one responsible."

"What makes you think I'm going to go running off? Did you expect that I'd let my anger loose once more? Jacen, I know what my rage did years ago. I know what it did to your sister. And with the power I have now, if I gave into my rage, I'd be worse than Palpatine. Besides, your place is here. Your daughter's going to need your help. This is a critical time for her. Don't fail her." Kyp hooked Padme's lightsaber to his belt, then turned, and left the room.

Jacen went to the window overlooking the landing field. Below, Kyp climbed into his fighter, and sat there for a moment, as though contemplating his options. Then the canopy lowered, blocking Jacen's vision of the Jedi Master. "I won't," he said, as Kyp's fighter lifted off, rotated, and streaked towards the sky.

++++++++++++

That's it for now. I'll see if that Sith post will come tomorrow. If not, well, I'll try and get something up!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    That's certainly not the Kyp I know...

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: Kyp's learned a few things over the years. And you can bet that when he does run the Sith down, he won't be nearly as forgiving...

"Attacking Hapes so publicly was a mistake, Midia," Ankin told his wife shortly after her return to Brentaal. She could have easily done more damage on the Hapan throneworld, but didn't want to risk detection. Any information they gave to the Jedi could lead to disaster. "You know our defensive situation."

"A situation you got us into, when you decided to send the fleet to aid the Hutts." Brentaal was now ringed by half of the Ralltiir defensive forces, which left both Sith-controlled worlds less than well-defended. That would change tomorrow, however, when the newest Star Destroyer became the first to be christened by a Sith.

"Besides which," she added, "the Republic has been thrown into chaos. The Senate fears that we will launch a strike at Coruscant itself. And if Jaina Fel didn't understand the meaning of my message, Ben Skywalker most certainly will."

"I don't claim to understand your obsession with Skywalker," Ankin said. "I only hope that it's only Skywalker that shows up. Or did you fail to realized that one of those present for your attack was the daughter of Kyp Durron?"

"Durron's daughter was there?"

"Yes. And she might have been the only fatality from your attack."

"If she is dead, it may be just what we need to push Durron over the edge. It could be what he needed to return to the path he shunned years ago. If we hold two of the most important Jedi Masters, the rest of the Order will crumble before us."

"He is a danger to us. Even if his rage does push him over to the Dark Side, it may be an inferno that will consume us all."

"He will join us. If he opposes us, he will be vanquished, and join his daughter in death."

"You have set us upon a dangerous course. If Durron should arrive before you have dealt with Skywalker..."

"Worry about Durron if you must, my husband. Just remember that Skywalker's fate is in my hands. Once you have seen him crushed, you will see that Durron is nothing to be concerned about."

++++++++++++

That's it for now. More will be coming soon, perhaps even tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Anakana was wrapped up in her thoughts as she left the landing field after making one final attempt to stop Ben from heading off on what she thought was madness. She was, in fact, so wrapped up in her thoughts that she nearly bumped into a running Han Skywalker. She hadn't even sensed him until he spoke.

"Master Anakana, have you seen my father?"

"He just left, Han. Something that came up during our discussions about the attack on Hapes convinced him that he was the only one who could deal with them."

"By the Emperor's black heart, he hasn't left?"

"He just took off. Even I couldn't make him see reason." Her brow furrowed. "You've seen something?"

"I've seen disaster, if my dad's gone and done what you say he has. This whole attack on Hapes was nothing more than an attempt to draw him to the Sith."

"What makes you so sure?"

"I saw him, Master. Saw him and Kyp, their blades crossed. And in the background, I would see the shadows of the two Sith, clearly enjoying every moment."

"You're afraid of what could happen if Kyp turns, and joins with the Sith?"

"I'm afraid that Kyp may be the last hope for the Jedi. I'm afraid that my father may be the one who falls."

"Kyp's daughter died. That could be enough to push him over the edge. But that wouldn't explain your father falling."

"You said that something about the attack on Hapes affected him. It wouldn't have to do with a Sith Lady from the past, would it?"

"What do you mean?"
    "He didn't speak of it much, but in the days following the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong, two Sith appeared, and made an attempt to destroy the Republic. On was vanquished on Ison by my grandfather, the other on Brentaal by my grandmother. But what very few know is that the second Sith had tried to break Luke Skywalker, and turn his son into a new Sith Lord."

"Are you saying that this dead Sith could have risen?" Anakana's mind had already turned to the scepter found by Tavion years ago, which she'd used to raise Marka Ragnos.

"No. But the memory is there, buried deep. If the Sith can get him to unleash his own Dark Side, that could be the point they would begin at."

"Han, you're going to need to tell this to the rest of the Council. And then we'll need to send somebody to find your father."

"Do you know where he went?" Han asked, though he thought he already knew the answer.

"Brentaal," Anakana replied, the planet's name like a death knell.

++++++++++++

Okay, that's it for now. I'll try and get some more up at some point on Friday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

11. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Am I really going to have to post another segment before I get a reply?

12. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, I'll be starting to wrap up the slave angle of this story with today's post. But don't worry, the final battle for the fic is still coming.

"It's amazing that the Hutts were able to mount such an effort without anybody becoming the wiser," Gavin Darklighter said as he sat with Admiral Midanyl, Colonel Soon Fel, and the two Jedi, Alema Rar and Jaden Korr.

"The thing is, they didn't keep it hidden," Jaden said. "Even before they kicked Alema offworld, the Council had become suspicious."

"What led to that?" Soon asked. "I'd been wondering how the Council knew enough about the Hutt slave trade to send you in."

"They didn't," Jaden replied. "I was sent in pretty much blind. But the Hutts had been working so hard to keep their secret hidden that they betrayed themselves. When the Council realized that there was something going on, they decided to send somebody to investigate."

"And then when Alema was expulsed from Nal Hutta, they knew it was connected with slaving," Midanyl said. "I just don't understand how a second Jedi got involved."

"That's something I think only Alema knows," Gavin said, after looking at Jaden, who had just barely shrugged. "And I don't think it's something that we need to press her about now. If the Republic needs to know, I'm sure the Council will inform the Senate."

"What I'm wondering is what's going to happen to all the slaves," Alema said. "Some of them have been born into it, had their families scattered across Hutt Space. And who knows how many of the children are now orphans."

"I've already contacted the Senate, and requested transports be diverted here," Midanyl said. "They'll also be bringing some additional medical supplies. Some of the people, from what I've seen, are in pretty bad shape."

"Not a surprise, given that they've been kept like animals by the Hutts," Captain Carmen Tarkin said, entering the room. "The last of them are being checked out by the Onebees as we speak," she said. "And I've received word that the extra ships you requested are en route. The droids did state that they still need to see Jedi Rar."

"I'd prefer to hold off on any examination until I can get back to Chandrila," Alema said, and something in her face told Jaden that it would be better no to push the issue. "There are certain matters that I must deal with on my own."

"I'll take her back myself," Jaden said. "If we have clearance, Admiral?"

"Of course," Midanyl replied. "Though I'm guessing that the Senate will want to hear from both of you at some point. They'll be handling the trials of the Hutts most directly involved."

++++++++++++

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    i'll catch up tomorrow and reply then. sorry about that.

14. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Glad to see this hasn't been forgotten. And here's the next post.

"The chair recognizes the Senator from Hapes."

"As I'm sure you have all been made aware of, an unprovoked attack was recently launched against the Queen Mother of Hapes, Teneniel Solo Djo. While we have not yet confirmed the identity of the attacker, we have received records of the ship that launched the attack." Trisea hit a key, sending the image of the ship to each of the Senators.

"It looks like a severely modified TIE," said Alin Ynr.

"You are not accusing us of this attack, are you, Senator?" the senator from Bastion asked. "Or is this an attempt to divert the attention of the Senate from other matters within your home system?"

"Right now, we do not have evidence of any one group being involved," Trisea replied, attempting to prevent the massive argument that was just one accusation away. "Or at least, we didn't, until we were contacted by the Jedi."

"More Jedi interference?" Jeapa said, launching to his feet. "Chancellor, it is for precisely this reason that I suggested the Jedi be monitored. Soon they will have us all going for each other's throats."

"The Jedi provided this because they think that, rather than anybody from Bastion, it was the Sith involved."

"Sith?" Jeapa thundered. "And why haven't we heard anything about this?"

"The Jedi have made us aware, Senator," Saretti said. "I have chosen to withhold the information, believing the Jedi are best able to handle the situation. Or would you like to go and try and take down a Sith, Senator?"

"There is also the matter of the rebellion on Brentaal," Trisea said. "To address that, I turn to my companion, Tiola Colinar Skywalker."

"This is outrageous!" Jeapa said, but a sharp look from Saretti quickly shut the Rodian up.

"My husband, and the rest of the Council, believe that the rebellion on Brentaal is related to the Sith situation. He believes that the current Sith Lord intends to form a new Empire, beginning with Brentaal."

"And on what does Master Skywalker base this?" Jeapa asked.

"On the fact that it was attempted once before," she said, pausing for effect. "By the Dark Lady Eclepsa."

++++++++++++

The next post will see the set-up for the duel, including an appearance by one character who's been strangely absent for the entire fic, or at least for most of it.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

15. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Quite a bit happening. Ankin is afraid of kyp. Ben could fall. Alema is obviously pregnant. and now the senate is worrying about another empire. More.

16. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Yup, a lot is happening. But that's what happens when I get into one of my writing zones, many posts get written. The next two, the first of which will be up tomorrow, will set up the duel. Then it's back to Chandrila, I think.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

17. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    And here comes the first set-up post for the duel.

Ben knew that what he was attempting bordered on insanity. Only a fool would rush headlong into a confrontation with a Sith, much less two of them. And only a great fool would rush into such a situation alone. But Ben was not a great fool, nor did he believe he was alone. He had the Force to guide him, and felt that this was the path he had to walk.

I've never truly confronted my own darkness, he thought, or at least not in the way that my father, or Master Durron, or even Zekk have. I've always been protected from it, isolated from it, by those around me. The only time I truly confronted the Dark Side face to face was when Luke and I were captured by Eclepsa, the Dark Lady who claimed to be my mother's sister.

"I want you to take the lightsaber." Ben reached out, but she batted his hand away with her other hand. "Through the Force." He could hear it almost as clear as if it had happened only a few moments ago, felt himself reach out to the Force and snatch the lightsaber from her grip, wrest it away, and in doing so, open himself to the Dark Side. I won't slip again, he thought, but instead emerge stronger than before. His thoughts were interrupted by a bleep from Artoo Deetoo in the back of the cockpit, and a moment later, the mottled sky of hyperspace turned into starlines, and then into the stars that served as a backdrop for Brentaal. Ben felt a shiver run through him, and knew it had nothing to do with the cold of space, but with the presence of the Sith on the world below.

And he could detect two, no three of them. Two were as dark as anything he'd ever encountered, and third seemed only a shadow, as if it was growing weaker, as though only a memory. Eclepsa still holds onto this place, Ben thought. And to defeat the Sith, I'll have to conquer the ghost of the Sith Lady. His fighter broke through the atmosphere, and he saw the tower that Eclepsa had used as her retreat. He set the fighter down at the base, knowing that there was no point in subterfuge. The Sith would have sensed his presence.

Artoo tweetled a question, and the text appeared before Ben ARE YOU SURE THAT THIS IS A WISE IDEA?

"No, I'm not sure at all, Artoo. But it's something that I have to do." He popped the cockpit, and climbed out, looking back at the droid. Artoo had been through so much, seen so much. Ben couldn't recall the number of times that he'd been told that Artoo should just be scrapped. But he couldn't bear to part with the droid, just as his father hadn't. "But don't go exploring. I might not be able to help you if you get in trouble like you did on Dagobah." As he leapt lightly to the ground, he caught sight of a pair of figures, one of whom stepped forward. Clad in black tunic, pants, and boots, he might have been a younger version of Ben's own father.

"Master Skywalker," Ankin said, pulling his lightsaber from his belt. "I've been expecting you."

"And you knew I would come," Ben said, tossing his robe to one side, and pulling his own saber, though he didn't ignite the weapon. "Just as she knew I would," he said, looking towards the figure who remained in the shadows. "It's not too late, Lara."

"It is. Lara Donos is dead, Skywalker. And I would have you recall the promise I made before I escaped the captivity of the Complex."

"That I would beg mercy from you," Ben said. "It won't happen."

"We'll see," Ankin said, in one motion igniting the two blades of his weapon and bringing it in towards Ben's head.

++++++++++++

That's it for now. More to come on Wednesday, I think.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

18. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    And here comes the next post!

"He's coming," Midia said to Ankin, her voice barely above a whisper. The two Sith were seated on the stone floor of what had been Eclepsa's throne room. The room was dark, conducive to meditation and thought. And wrapped by the powerful energies of the Dark Side, the two Sith easily identified the blazing presence of Ben Skywalker.

"He's coming in alone," Ankin replied. "he's more foolish than you led me to believe."

"It's probably the conservative side of him," she said. "He's no fool."

"In other words, he knows we're here."

"He's headed straight here," she said. "The other Jedi attempted to sneak in. He's not bothering with any of that type of deception."

"He means for this to be a final confrontation. His belief is that he can defeat us by himself, and put an end to the Sith."

"He should know better," Ankin said. "And for being so naive, he'll pay the price. I will deal with him myself." He rose, calling his lightsaber to his hand and hooking it to his belt.

He was almost to the door when he felt a hold on him. "You're not going anywhere alone, especially to deal with Skywalker." She rose, joining him.

"Interesting. I was wondering what your reaction would be. I thought you wanted to deal with Skywalker yourself."

"You're more proficient with the lightsaber," she admitted. She didn't want to admit that she doubted her own ability to kill Skywalker. "But I will be there to see that Skywalker begs for mercy." The two strode from the room, making their way down through the tower. By the time they reached the ground level, Skywalker had landed.

"Master Skywalker," Ankin said, breaking the silence. "I've been expecting you." We meet, at last, he thought, but didn't know where it had come from.

++++++++++++

More to come on Friday, I think.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

19. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Ben needs backup and I doubt artoo can save him. Unless Ankin has compassion for the droid :p. Hopefully the other jedi will be able to help...

20. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: Ben will get a little help, as you'll see in today's post. As for Ankin having compassion, I wouldn't count on it.

"We can't let Ben face that Sith alone," Anakana said after Han had finished his report. "But would having the whole of the Council rush in aid him in any fashion?"

"At least it would give the Sith something close to a fair fight," Valin said. "Two on one isn't even close to fair, despite what some might say about Corellians."

"Or could it be that what Han has seen is the result of our interference?" Ghonka asked. "I f we all rush in, and all fall either in battle or to the Dark Side, wouldn't the result be the same as if Ben had done exactly what he has?"

That seemed to give the Council members pause. In the interests of peace, was it worth having the entire Order fall into darkness to save one Master? But if they sat and did nothing, and Ben fell, could the Order recover?

"We will send one Jedi," she said, looking straight into Han's eyes. "In fact, the one best suited to this task. Han, you'll take the last of our X-Wings to Brentaal. If you find that your father has fallen, get out of there. Do not attempt any sort of heroic rescue."

"May the Force be with you," Valin said.

May the Force be with us all, Anakana thought, if anything should happen to him. He may be the last, best hope for the Order if Ben has indeed fallen. Her comm bleeped, interrupting her thoughts. "The Moldy Crow is on final approach," came the voice of Sora Veila. "She's requesting that a medic be standing by."

As if we didn't have enough problems. But it wasn't Jaden that seemed in distress, or at least, that wasn't what her sense said. Instead, it was..."Understood," she replied. This was something she wanted to see to personally.

++++++++++++

That's it for now. More will be coming later this weekend.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Alema's arrived.

22. nyv

nyv Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2004
    Ooo, Jaden fic! S'what I've been looking for. (what can I say, I liked the Character story in the game better than the rest of the game....)

Other scenes are good too. Admire the write-and-post style.

23. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    yoda: Yup, Alema's arrived safely.

nyv: Welcome to the fic. Quite a monster you've decided to make your first post in! Glad to see you're enjoying yourself, even if Jaden's part in the story has decreased somewhat. But you can probably count on a few more appearances before we're done here.

No post today, but I'll try and get something up tomorrow or Monday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

24. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, since it's the 1-year anniversary of the day I started this, I figured it appropriate to offer up the next part.

The duel ranged across the landscape, the Sith keeping Ben on the defensive. Ben landed a lunge or two of his own, which the Sith easily parried, then turned and brought forth a new series of attacks. Ben was weakening, while the Sith seemed to be growing stronger as the duel raged on. Perhaps he's growing frustrated, and that's drawing more of the Dark Side to him.

Still, I can't keep thin up forever, he thought, bringing the blade so that it was horizontal over his head, as the Sith's blade came down in an attempt to slice Ben in half. Ben pushed upward, then leapt backwards as the second blade came swinging up in a circuit that would have achieved what the first blade hadn't, had Ben not moved.

"You're good, Skywalker," the Sith said. "But you're still no match for the power of the Dark Side. You will ultimately lose. Even you know it."

"You don't need to live in the shadows," Ben responded, fending off another attack by his opponent. "You can still come out into the light."

"And serve the Jedi?" He laughed. "No thanks, Skywalker. Besides, you know your destiny lies with the Sith. It always has. What was it Master Yoda used to say? 'Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny,' wasn't it?"

"You can defeat the dark," Ben said, ducking a swipe that would have taken his head off.

"By becoming weak like you? I can sense your doubt, the weakening of your spirit, Skywalker. You know that ultimately, the Sith will triumph."

In the lowest levels of Eclepsa's fortress, Yoric knew that his time was drawing near. The wound he'd sustained wasn't healing, and he could feel death approaching. So rather than focus his energies into a useless task, he centered himself, and focused on the conflict raging outside. He found the light of Master Skywalker, but could feel it weakening before the onslaught of the Dark Lord. Yoric reached out with the Force, sending all that he had left to the Jedi Master. And even as he did so, his body began to fade. So this is it, he thought. I'm becoming one with the Force. He let go, and vaguely heard the sound of the chains hitting the wall and floor. May the Force be with you, Master Skywalker, he thought. After that, there was nothing more.

Ben sensed Yoric give in, felt him become one. But he also sensed his own weakening light strengthened by the young, dying Jedi. He renewed his defense, giving in to the raw power of the Force. Emerald lightning burst from his hand, snaking its way around the scarlet blades of Ankin's lightsaber. Even so, he knew that if he didn't make a move now, he would be too weak to do so. He lunged foward, but the Sith Lord caught his blade, then shoved forward, sending the lightsaber spinning away. Ben leapt away, reaching out and calling the weapon back. He felt it land in his hand, but at the same time could feel the blade of the other just inches from his throat.

"The time has come for you to submit, Skywalker," Ankin said, a look of savage satisfaction of his young face.

++++++++++++

That's all for now. More to come Tuesday, I think.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

25. nyv

nyv Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2004
    Mmm nice. For the noble cause is always a strong ace to play, and even more so when you care about the characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.