main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Phantom of the Past (Completed 6/7)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tych_sel, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Liked Phajest?s reactions, I wouldn?t have any faith in the Republic to either provide a world or to adequately recover financial reparations from the Hutts either if I was in his position.

Clean start is a good thing but so is a world with an existing infrastructure. Hopefully there will be enough to give them a start.

2. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    _JM_: Yeah, the Republic hasn't exactly given the slaves a whole lot of reason to put their faith in it, has it? As for the clean start, the Republic will be makng sure that the former slaves have at least some structure to build off of.

"You will be stripped of the Force," Ben told Lara as she stood before the Jedi Council.

"It is the only punishment fitting to someone who has betrayed the Force and all it stands for," Valin stated, his voice flat.

"You will no longer be considered a part of the Jedi Order," Anakana added, her voice pained as she looked upon the Sith Lady, someone she had once considered a friend and ally.

"You will be an outcast, wandering until you can find a place in life," Ghonka said.

[May you eventually find peace," Lowie said. Ben then turned to Sora, and nodded. The young Knight stepped up to Lara, her fingertips hovering mere centimeters from her head. Sora's eyes closed as she focused on the connections between Lara and the Force, slowly pulling at them until they broke.

The Council members leaned forward, sensing as Lara's presence in the Force became smaller and smaller. "I can do no more," Sora said. "She will always be connected to the Force, and it to her. But she will never be able to use it again." Ben stretched out, reaching for the nub that his father had discovered shortly before founding the original academy on Yavin IV. He pushed at it, but felt nothing.

"An unarmed shuttle has been placed at your disposal, Lara." Ben said. "Go in peace." And may the Force be with you," he added silently as she turned, head lowered, and left the Council chambers.

"Are we sure we did the right thing, exiling her like that?" Shmi asked, once Sora too had left the room.

"We had little choice. Let us hope that she will find a place in the galaxy. And now, I believe we have our own dead to mourn."

++++++++++++

That's it for now. Epilogue to come either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

3. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Sounds a little different to pull at connections until they break rather than building a wall of light around someone. Of course since creating a wall around someone would sever their connections (like dropping a freight container so it went over a telephone pole, the wires would be severed) it would come down to the same thing.

Not sure if I hope this worked or not, I don?t really want Ben to have more trouble but if this is only a temporary blockage (like Ulic had inflicted on him on Coruscant) then that opens possibilities. :)

4. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    _JM_: Different method, yes, but the result is still the same. Lara's ability to use the Force is gone, but she can still be felt within the Force. In other words, she hasn't been stripped of it like the Yuuzhan Vong had been.

And now, here comes the epilogue, the end, the last part of the fic.

Epilogue: A Time to Mourn, A Time to Hope

Eight months had passed since the "incident" on Brentaal, and now, the Jedi had gathered from across the galaxy to mourn those who had fallen. Five new crystals adorned the wall in the Jedi Complex's upper level. Five new crystals glittered in the sunlight. And each crystal marked a fallen Jedi Knight. "We shall not forget them, those who blazed the path to Brentaal," Ben said, as he slid the last lightsaber into the nitch. "Nor those, like Padme Durron, who died because one of us fell." He turned to Kyp and Pooja. "I'm only sorry we didn't see it sooner."

Kyp's face was like a mask of stone. He seemed different now, touched in a way that only someone who had lost their future could be touched. Now, it seemed, he lived only for his students. He had returned to the Complex to give his version of what had happened, then left, disappearing long enough that some had wondered if he'd simply gone off to die. But now, with the fallen Jedi being memorialized, Kyp had returned.

"We do not grieve for those we have lost," Shmi said. "We instead remember the time we shared with them. They live on within our memories. As long as we remember them, they, like the Force, can never die."

"We must rededicate ourselves to the fight against the darkness. But we cannot struggle only against the corruption we might see in government. Mace Windu said it best in his journals following the incident in which he lost his Padawan. Our enemy is not the reborn Sith. Our enemy is the darkness itself," Valin said.

"And that is the fight we must continue," Ben said. "We must fight darkness with light. And if this wall must shine with a hundred crystals in order to do it, then so be it. But as long as a Jedi draws breath. we must fight the darkness." He paused, letting the words hang there.

"May the Force be with us," the assembled Jedi said as one.

++++++++++++

In the medical center of the Jedi Complex, a new warrior against the darkness drew her first breath, then cried out. Alema Rar let loose one last panting breath, then smiled as she looked upon her daughter.

"What shall you name her?" asked the attendant, Tekli's sole apprentice, and luckily for Alema, a Twi-lek as well.

"Luma," Alema said. "She was born in darkness, but has been drawn into the Light. And now, she shall be the light when my own thoughts fall into darkness." And, Alema thought, perhaps one day, her light will call her father home as well.

"We'll need to keep an eye on both of you for the next several days, but Jaden says she is ready to take you to Nar Hekka if you desire."

"I don't want to risk it, at least, not yet," Alema said. "I'll raise her here, among the Jedi. But some day, we will make our way to Nar Hekka. There are some there to whom I need to give my thanks."

Hope everybody's enjoyed this wild ride. I know it's been a pleasure for me to write it, so I hope everybody's been entertained.

May the Force be with you,

Tych_sel

5. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Nice epilogue with the mourning for the fallen and their fears for Kyp.

Also a nice name for the little baby and a nice reason for the name.

Enjoyed the story a lot even if I came to it a little later than I could have done.

6. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    _JM_: Yeah, I thought ending it this way kinda brought things full circle, at least when it comes to the second and third parts of the story. And I couldn't just leave you hanging about Alema's child, could I?

Besides, I'm thinking of maybe working something up dealing with her when she's older. *Shudders* I think I sense another long fic coming! :D :D But even if it is, it'll be a while. I need to finish HotE first.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

7. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I've just read Shroud and this and this is great!

8. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    SilSolo: Wow, that's a heck of a read. And I can say that, knowing that neither story is short. Glad you enjoyed 'em!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Ain't nothin' compared to reading Traitor in less than a whole afternoon (probably 3 hours, I dunno, didn't keep track of time). Of course, I only did that the first time I read it.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Better late than never eh?

Fantastic ending. Alema's decision to keep the child definatlely leaves a thread open for another plot. Lara though stripped of the force could still be a dangerous villian or perhaps a hero. The Senate's decision regarding the slaves was just and the Hutts will most likely stop now that they've been hit where it hurts.

All in all great sequel. If there is another after this, pm me or aim me. :)

11. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    SilSolo: And people think that I read fast. I wonder what they'd say if they heard that one!

yoda: Glad you caught up in the end. I wanted to leave things open, and am beginning work on a story featuring Alema's daughter. As for Lara, I think she's going to fade into obscurity, almost like Daala did, but who knows...

I think the Hutts may indeed be finished now, but one can never underestimate the worms. If they want to try and get back at the slaves though, they'll have a fight on their hands.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I only did that because some nasty weather trapped me inside until five pm.

13. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, I'm giving this thing an up, due to the fact that a new reader would like to post. 'Course, it'll probably sink back into the depths once that reader finishes, but...oh, well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.