main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX PhantomMenace's Dioramas

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by PhantomMenace, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Hey everyone!

I regret that I haven't been able to make it to any fan force gatherings since I've been in town, but just so you can get to know me better, here are some images of my Star Wars dioramas back home.

In the following link are images of my three Star Wars dioramas: Cantina at Mos Eisely, Jabba's Palace, and Clone War.

PhantomMenace's Dioramas

The bandwith is very much limited, so please be patient. If it goes out, simply try again later. I welcome any and all feedback. I'm always open to ways to improve! :)

Below is a photo-by-photo commentary on exactly what you're looking at.

Photo #1: Cantina & Jabba's Palace
    This is a full view of both my Cantina and Jabba's Palace dioramas.

Photo #2: Cantina Center
    This right here is the center of the Cantina. This is my favorite diorama, as this is my favorite scene from the entire Saga. I have also been working on it for over a year. You can see Obi-Wan speaking with Bo Shek in the background, who in turn, is referring Obi-Wan to Chewbacca. You can also see Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba, who are about to gang up on Luke. Wuher is giving a whiny Kabe his beverage.

Photo #3: Cantina Left
    In the background you can see the infamous Han vs. Greedo scene. Thankfully, neither has shot first, so there's no excuse to debate this here. :p

Photo #4: Cantina Right
    This here is a view of the right side of the seedy Cantina. I found a use for those cool bar sections, and it's a use that the aliens were thankful for. The main bar tends to get pretty filled up with all kinds of impatient patrons.

Photo #5: Jabba's Palace Center
    This here is the center of my Jabba's Palace setup. Nothing much to mention here. Move along. Move along.

Photo #6: Jabba's Palace Left
    The left wing of Jabba's main audience chamber. The elusive Ephant Mon is at the entrance, as he is Jabba's head of security. I found a nice use for the Wol Caba****te. That's him haning over the doorway. You may not know this, but that's actually what he did in the movie. :p Watch out for the B'Omarr Monk lurking in the back of the palace.

Photo #7: Jabba's Palace Right
    Jabba's dancers can be seen grooving to Rappertunie's beat. The rest of the band had the night off on the day that this photo was taken. Sorry folks.

Photo #8: Clone War
    This here is a frontal view of my entire Clone War diorama. This was a fun one to set up, as it has evolved much over time.

Photo #9: Army of the Republic
    As you can see, the Republic has a good army to back it up. You can spot ARC troopers directing the clone commander, captain, and sergeant, who in turn guide the regular clone officers.

Photo #10: Separatist Forces
    When the bad guys are in town, they strike in full force. A hailfire droid follows a spider droid, and various super battle droids, battle droids, and destroyer droids. Durge is in command of the droid army.

Photo #11: Clone War Aerial View
    This is an overhead view of the battle ensuing. The numbers on both sides are pretty much even, so it's hard to tell whose going to come out victorious.

Photo #12: Republic Gunship
    The almighty Gunship. Or should I say teh Gunship? This raging machine is ready for the attack. On board the right panel are Saessee Tiin, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, and Mace Windu. On the left are several clone troopers.

Photo #13: Aayla Leads the Clones
    We see clones, droids, and oh yes... none other than Aayla Secura. [face_love] She's kicking it with the clones as she leads them into battle.

Photo #14: Darth Vader Picture/Carded Figures
    Right here is my Darth Vader photomosaic, made up of hundreds of images from the OT. Of course, it's pretty hard to see this from the photo you're looking at. At the top, you can see the point where my OTC and Saga figures meet.

Photo #15: Miscellaneous
    This right here is my shelf for loose figures that don't really fit into any diorama. Now, I ha

2. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Very cool collection! Thanks for sharing it. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it to one of our upcoming meetings, eventually.

Lisa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.