Philadelphia Chapter

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by crasta, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crasta Jedi Padawan

So I'm a newbie to these boards...wondering what the prospects are for starting a chapter in philly. I have lots of experience organizing these sorts of things (events and such) so drop me a communique if any philly heads are intersted.
  2. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The prospects are pretty slim unless you can find two other people to help you start. Unfortunately the members of KofP would not count toward that endeavor, although we would do what we could to help you organize. We are a very active chapter and have connections with all of the regional FanForce chapters as well as the garrisons of the 501st. Best wishes in your endeavor. PM or email me if you have questions. Also, contact Strawbary, our Regional Rep for how to get started.

Thanks!
  3. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    yeah...and New Jersey could probably help out too...

Just go to the Philly forum, and there should be 2 interested parties that have had 2 meetings already.

But if you can not get Philly going, join either KoP or NJO. :D
  4. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    At this point, the meetings that were held nearly a year ago don't count. If Crasta wants to start a Philly chapter, they have to start over again.

:)
  5. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    ahh...I never did see the ruling on that situation...

thanks for the clarification Calixte...

so there you go crasta...you have support one way or the other. :p
  6. crasta Jedi Padawan

So this is an official request to find two other people in the philadelphia area to start up the chapter. I got the time so let's go... I know there's got to be two other geeks like me in philly, I guess we'll see...
  7. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    yep. I tried to get something started years ago, but there was no interest. Calixte and I wound up founding the KofP chapter. Best Wishes and keep us informed of your goings-on.....
  8. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Just remember Crasta, you cannot claim the Philly metro AREA but only the city proper. The suburbs including the northern and western suburbs are served by the King of Prussia Chapter. Instead of posting your request for two other people in the KofP boards, you should really go to the Northeast Regional discussion. Thanks for understanding. :)
  9. crasta Jedi Padawan

Ah. I get the picture. I figured there would be some people from phila traveling to your 'outerrim' meetings that would like to form a more local group...Thanks everyone for the help, and sorry for the confusion...Peace and stuff.
  10. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think those meetings should still count. It seems rediculous to have to start over again. Unless there is some written rule somewhere that they shouldn't, cause i want to see it if there is..
  11. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    In an attempt to end the "he said/she said", it looks like the Regional Rep needs the original documentation for the first two meetings, in order to recognize them as official.....

<begin message>
    strawbary
    Title: FF RSA
    Northeast USA
    City Rep: Syracuse, NY
    Date Posted: 2/7 1:12pm Subject: RE: Organizing
    Alright guys, lets all play nice in here
    Everyone should refrain from bashing one chapter or another person. This is fanforce we are all in it to unite the fans, not bicker with each other.
    If philly has had 2 meetings already with at least 3 people in attendance then one more meeting would be needed. However, can someone pm me the information when these meetings took place? I cant seem to find any announcements regarding these Thanks

<end message>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.