main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Philadelphia, PA - TFA Premiere @UA Main St Theatre 6

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TiniTinyTony , Nov 20, 2015.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If anyone in the area is interested, I will be attending the following showing of TFA. If you live in the Philadelphia area, please feel free to join us. Manayunk is 15 minutes outside of Center City, so traffic shouldn't be too bad. One could also take the train to this location if desired. (If you need assistance with that, feel free to ask.)

My girlfriend, brother, sister-in-law, and best friend will be attending as well. I plan on wearing my blue BB-8 shirt. My gf is a 5ft redhead and my best friend is Filipino, so we should be easy to spot. I plan on waiting in line for a good seat, probably starting around 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM. (Feel free to find me on FB, Twitter, etc.. under the same username.)

Wherever you end up watching TFA, I hope you have a blast and may the Force be with you.

[​IMG]

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    TiniTinyTony Wish I knew this was a thing. I'd probably have bought my tickets for there. I saw it on Delaware Ave that night.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's cool. This wasn't really a thing, but I'd thought I'd extend an invite now that we're living in a city rather than the middle of nowhere PA.

How was your line waiting experience? We got there around 2PM and waited 5 hours. We were first in line. There were two other guys that showed up around 3-3:30, but it wasn't until 5PM that people really started showing up. There were a few people with lightsabers, but I didn't see anyone dressed up for the 7PM 3D/7:30PM 2D shows. There could have been but maybe they were further back in line. The biggest concern from those waiting in line were the 2D people wondering where they should form their line. The theater manager didn't care at all and made fun of them with us for being so antsy. We didn't care either - we were FIRST! :)

We packed sandwiches, snacks, and waters in a cooler while we waited. I checked beforehand and they don't care about you having food and drink in the lobby, as long as you're not taking outside food and drink into the actual theater. We had extra food, so about 1/2 hour before we got seated, we passed out water and sandwiches, which some people actually took. I saw a guy eating one of my sandwiches in the row in front of me. My girlfriend put the rest of the stuff in the truck and had no issue getting back to us at the front of the line.

The energy in the theater was great. All the beats hit. It was a great experience and a little overwhelming when leaving the theater. It took me a few days and another viewing to process it all. It also helped hearing what other people thought and reading/watching reviews. It appears everyone is mostly in agreement with the high and low points.

I hope you had a great time at your showing!

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We were also first in line. It was well organized since their screenings were stuttered for every 30 minutes. Lots of nerdy stuff happening to keep the time going swiftly. People right behind us had a large laptop and played Empire & Jedi which made the time fly.

TiniTinyTony likes this.