main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Phillip Wise (Majority owner) has gone ****ing crazy

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Feb 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I don't think he'd be allowed to make a profit off of TFN ... LFL copyrights and all that.

But beyond that, I'm not sure.

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Supposedly he made that deal with IGN to pay for the expense of running the site. IGN advertises and pays for the operational cost of the site, so obviously IGN finds that benefecial to them. He is set up as an LLC (Limited Liabilty Corporation) which protects him to a certain extent legally. And also any monies would go into this LLC. I also read something to the extent other small vendors such as All Posters advertise on the sites also. He also owns Rebelscum, so think about who advertises there also. There is some cash coming in, but he is probably running the business at a loss or break even. Since he does run it as a business the threat of LFL legal always looms.

I would suppose he is a fan he owns several Star Wars type web addresses...but if they are all run for the same purpose as TF.N who knows? I also read that FanForce and TF.N merged at one point in time and that is when the LLC was formed and subsequent IGN deal was cut.

Of course I'm paraphrasing many of the things I have read on other posts/threads.

I hope that all parties can come together, and the neccessary apologies are made and that there is no "split" and nothing has to change. TF.N and its related sites are a great asset to fandom and bring a lot of people together, but a lot of clubs are looking into contingency plans.

May the Force be with us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.