main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Philosophical Debate on Religion **Enter At Your Own Risk**

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Oh, I didn't pay any attention to the points listed.

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Lets see if this works...

Riff Moonraker's alignment is: Neutral Good

With 6 points towards Lawful
    and 12 points towards Good

Total Scores
    Good 35
    Evil 23
    Lawful 34
    Chaotic 28

Ok, it posted. There you go, for me.

3. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I have to ask myself some days... "Do some people just want to die... but they are too cowardly to do the act themselves... so they do very stupid things hoping someone else will do the deed for them?"

Our society believes that if this is true then we should try to help these people... I say pull the trigger and carry on... it's a lot less time, resources, and effort. What do you think?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I think today is not a good day to mess with Lodreh. ;)

5. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Truer words have never been spoken... ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

6. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    You know I think we should be a lot tougher on crime... anything that warrants a sentence longer than 5 years should be the death penalty... all other sentences should have a maximum of 5 years... if you ever serve a 5 year term and are convicted again you should be executed with a single shot to the back of the head and your family charged the price of the bullet.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

7. Sol_Badguy

Sol_Badguy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2004
    oh yah,
    good idea
    the family should deffinitly pay for the bullet, why stick it to the government, that idea will save probably like.... a million dollars, and itll make the family think twice before they allow someone to do a crime to avoid this costly punishment

8. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I still think public hangings would deter crime. Hang em and leave em swinging in front of the courthouse for a few days. I'm sorry but anyone who murders someone doesnt deserve a "humane" death. Either a hanging or Lodreh's single bullett.

9. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Oh but Eddie-wan my goal is not to deter crime... my goal is to filter out those who are criminals from our society. I think a man can change but only so much... once he has crossed a line he may never return... in exchange for that transgression we end his life... then I know for fact he'll never do it again.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

10. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I've kind of got to agree with both of you here. I don't think we should view killing criminals as punishment. I think we should view killing them as a solution on how to prevent them from doing it again. On the other hand, some acts just deserve that the perpetrator be strung up by his scrotum and beat like a piñata.

11. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    One can only hope to rise above... before being consumed...

Some people go about their lives never stopping to question anything. They know their place and are content with their lives. They are very resolute in their beliefs and resist anything that would mean change whether for good or for ill.

Some people question everything about their lives... whether their situation will improve or not. They hope to inspire change for good or ill. These people tend to be comfortable with change... but at odds with anything already established.

The remainder and probably vast majority of people are a morbid mixture of the two. They either start off full of hopes and dreams with aspirations to do great things and settle for being content. Or they have an experience that makes their old life seem less fulfilling so they strive for something better.

... just absent observation with no direction on a dreary Monday afternoon.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Lodreh said-"The remainder and probably vast majority of people are a morbid mixture of the two. They either start off full of hopes and dreams with aspirations to do great things and settle for being content."

That about sums it up for me.

13. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I hope you don't think I'm being judgmental... rather I'd like to understand... What makes a man put his desires aside and decide to raise a family? or is it more of a change in desire... the only thing you want is a family?

I suppose I'm exceptionally selfish but I feel as though at this point in time... even with the 'right' woman I would rather enjoy the freedom to make plans on the fly and just kick it than the responsibility of raising a family.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    This will be sort of hard to understand, unless you have kids, so I think Eddie-wan will catch what I am saying and most of the others will think, what the...!!??!!

Anyways, once you have kids, you realize that is your true responsibility in life. Everything before that, that you perceived as "responsibility" is nothing compared to raising a child. I look back and think about life before my kids and laugh. I didnt have a clue as to what responsibility was, back then. And, in an odd sort of way, your kids are your path to immortality. Maybe I should word that differently, you live on through your kids in how you raise them, and what you teach them, and they will forever carry your imprint in their lives, and it will continue to pass on through the generations... that is about as immortal as we can get. ;)

15. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I plan to live forever... but that is a matter for another thread.

But that is exactly what I'm talking about... it's not like BOOM! a kid appears. At some point a decision to have a family was made. I guess the question would be better asked as what happens that makes you say, "Yes I want the responsibility of a family. I want to put someone's hopes and dreams before my own. I want to forever be tied to this one person." A decision like that seems so daunting to me. I as stated earlier, even with the 'right' woman what event or experience made you say, "I want to raise a family?"

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

16. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    And here I thought you just wanted a regular piece of tail.

17. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I've been contemplating my own mortality as of late... I want to leave my mark on this world... either with Hellfire or child... haven't decided which yet... maybe both!

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Not too sure, to be honest. However, I dont think it quite sums it up that someone says "Hey, lets have a family" because even though there is USUALLY some sort of decision made then, after the child is born, it doesnt always mean people put them first, or raise them and take care of them like they should. After Dee got pregnant the first time, I will be honest, I was scared to death. I was terrified I wouldnt be a good father, or I would screw up. I think that the true decision is made after they are born, if you know what I mean.

19. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I meant Riff.

20. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    I could be way off base but at some point the decision to stop using a contraceptive was made... that would be the choice the precipitated the other choices... and gave rise to the possibility of having children.

I'll pick up on this thread tomorrow after Evictions... fun, fun, fun...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

21. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I know what your saying Riff. We tried for MONTHS to get pregant with my oldest. People ask me if my son was "planned." I tell them no, but we wernt doing anything to prevent it. I, too, was scared to death with the first one for the same reasons Riff mentioned. Different reasons with the second.

22. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Why not do both?
    By this I mean timed hanging on first offense,
    if the criminal survives and has any other transgressions then blast
    his/her brains at the families expense.

23. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh, at first I thought you were speaking of pregnancy. That's why it read weird...

24. Kaiser_Fisto

Kaiser_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2004
    I had unprotected sex with a girl for six months at a time--and one day, she came to my house and told me she might have been pregnant...my heart skipped a beat.
    I didn't know what the hell to think...but a few days later, we both found out that she was in fact, not pregnant.

And Lodreh, gotta say, you're a very meticulous individual.
    I plan to have a son, and hopefully a daughter, or whatever the Almighty wishes to give me, and see it grow up safe.

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Actually, I really dont use "protection".... Funny thing is, one evening, I just decided to stay where I was, so to speak, even though I knew that she was at the peak of when she could get pregnant. Thus, Logan was born. And I wouldnt change a thing. Sort of the same thing with Colin. And to make it even stranger... BOTH times, immediately afterwards, I felt "different". What I mean by that is, I almost felt I could sense that she would be getting pregnant, sort of like a sixth sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.