main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phoenix, AZ line up

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by kreleia, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    To all Phoenix residents!!

The Phoenix FanForce, Dune Sea Garrison (501st local group), and many other SW fans will be lining up for 2 weeks outside of the Arizona Mills Harkins Theaters! There are two threads on the Phoenix board that go through all the details.

You're welcome to write to me (kreleia@mindspring.com), AZLineUp (azlineup@hotmail.com), or Idiot's Array (Idiots_Array@hotmail.com) if you need more info.

We'd love to see as many people there as can make it!

kreleia ^.^

2. AZLineUp

AZLineUp Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2001
    For those of you who wish to actively participate as a volunteer in the line-up effort, we will be having a meeting NEXT SUNDAY, The 10th of February, at Sideshow's place. We would have had the meeting on Saturday, but the local FanForce chapter is having their first official meeting at Atomic Comics in Mesa on that day.

We have many positions for those who wish to be a part of the line-up effort as a volunteer, to include

Security
    Computer Terminal Operators
    Media Relations
    Moderators
    Video Production
    Streaming Media Production
    Website Administration and Management
    Systems/Network Engineering
    Janitorial support
    Runners

These positions can be also dynamic so you don't get sick of doing the same thing all the time. We will have some mandatory meetings for the volunteers, but if you want a voice, you should try to make most, if not all, of them. You are not required to be at the line 24/14 (24 hours a day for all 14 days for the event), but it is encouraged that you spend as much time as possible there. You are required to be at the Line at some time every day, in case of schedule updates, and bringing family is encouraged,(AS WELL AS FOOD, hehe) We will also schedule time in for the hard-core volunteers that want to spend the entire time there to go home and shower,, cause you'll get stinky from sweating

For Volunteering, you will get your own badges, pictures with local celebs as they appear, possibly you will get on TV, Various t-shirts from your various positions, Picture with you and Dan Harkins where he will tear your ticket to go in to see the movie. And you will also be the first to go in the theater and get your seats. Another benefit is that you will be allowed to bring one(1) other person in the theater with you, and that person doesn't have to be a part of the line or even a participant.

3. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    hey! contact me too!
    fools, always forgetting me!
    oh well, looks like it will have to be self-advertisment....
    sideshow212@hotmail.com
    contact me for questions about volunteering

4. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    sideshow, I would've listed you if you'd been around before... oh... 2 days ago. ;)

kreleia ^.^

5. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yah, i was just in the background until now, you know, *somebodys* got to do some work around here ;)

6. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    about the meeting: does 1:00pm at az mills mall right in front of the harkins theatre sound OK to everyone? i think it would be best to at least have everyone gather here, so we can go over some site stuff, and we can go somewhere else closeby if we need to.

so as it stands, sunday the 10th at az mills mall in front of the theatre at 1:00pm

7. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yeah, well, if anyone actually comes to this thread, just go to the Phoenix Board to get all the info about lining up in phoenix...

8. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Since I'm still trying to work with Albuquerque Fan Force, and things look dismal, I might just swing by your shindig. ;)

9. AZLineUp

Jan 22, 2001
    A Teaser for our website is now up and running..

Check it out at AZLineUp.com

Also, for thoes who wish to be a part of this event, please go to the Phoenix, Arizona Forums,, which is located in the SouthWest area

We are still looking for volunteers, sponsors, and anyone who has somthing to our event

The Official site should be up soon, as we are deploying it on a content management solution, not your everyday fan site mind you...

And we will welcome people from all over the world to our event also!

10. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    LAS, we'd love to have you here! :)

kreleia ^.^

11. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Random dumb question but for those of us that are volunteering:

Are we going to have any sort of training or are we being placed according to our skills?

(I have a feeling I'm gonna have to wait patiently until the next meeting for this answer):-D

12. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    yes, we will go over everything you will be doing in line beforehand. i will place people in positions according to what they have an affinity for, so computer people will run the systems, ect, ect... i will call another staff meeting soon!(really!) :p

13. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Okay, affinity would place me NOT on computers, so that's awesome, thanks! :)

And I believe you bout the meeting, Sideshow, I swear...... ;)

14. AZLineUp

Jan 22, 2001
    Hey there everyone, just thought I would chime in with a few words.

We the organizers for the event had our most important meeting today with the Mall staff.

After hours of arduous negotiations with all the Mall managers, we came away bruised, beaten. and bloody, yet victorious!

We now have FULL AUTHORIZATION for our event in it's entire proposed scope!

May 3rd-16th JOIN US

"Begun, this Line-Up has." - Master Yoda

"You don't need guidance, AZLineUp. I see you becoming greatest of all Line-Ups." - Supreme Chancellor Palpatine

15. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. AZLineUp

Jan 22, 2001
    The Website for the Arizona Line-Up is now fully operational!

We still have a lot of content to add to it, but most of your questions will be answered in the FAQ's which are already up on the site..

http://www.azlineup.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.