main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phoenix: Die Another Day (NJO AU, drama, OCs, some K/J) -- COMPLETE May 24, 2004!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Die Another Day
    By: Trickster_Jaina_Fel:

Disclaimer
    : yup, I ran into George Lucas at the little corner store down the street and he just begged me to take the Star Wars universe, all its characters and planets and work my creative genius on them! Yeah, not.
    Rating: PG?I?ll let you know if it gets any higher, but i doubt it will.
    Summary: When the unthinkable happens, only one Jedi survives the war. Grief-stricken and alone, she struggles to rebuild the Jedi Order and her life while dealing with a tempermental apprentice, a well-meaning commander and a dark-sider that is obsessed with "his master".
    Keywords: drama, angst, action, mystery, OC's, Jaina Solo, some K/J
    Note: If this is the worst thing you ever read, let me know and I?ll take it down or try again or whatever?and if by some miracle you like it: I love praise but constructive criticism is so much better! <sigh> I?m such a feedback junkie?
    and yes <rolls eyes> i know i'm crazy...and don't worry, i haven't forgotten about RotJ; posts will just be a little less frequent...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Part One: Dying Embers

The young woman couldn?t believe her luck. Crashing on a sith-spawned swamp planet while probably the most important battle in the galaxy?ever?rages above my head! She frowned in intense irritation and hopped out of her X-wing, using the Force to carry her R-2 unit with her. The murky water came up to her mid-chest and she half-sloughed, half-swam out to what looked like dry land.

Sighing dejectedly she watched as her X-wing began to sink deeper and deeper into the water. Well, so much for being part of the great Naboo battle. And isn?t Naboo supposed to be some tropical retreat or something? How come I had to land in probably the only swamp on this planet?

She sighed again and plopped down, hardly caring that she landed in mud. As an after thought, she glanced at her chrono. Okay, so unless someone picks me up pretty quick I?m missing the meeting with the Jedi too. ? ?All Jedi must attend a very important meeting. It is vital that you attend and be on time,? ? she repeated to herself. ?Yeah, right.

?I can just imagine my apology now: Sorry Master Skywalker. I got taken out by?well, grutchins?yes, me, taken out by a bunch of animals?actually and landed smack in a swamp! All alone! Can you believe it? And then I started talking to myself.? She gave a mirthless snort and moved some of her hair out of her face then turned her face upward to watch the rest of the battle from the ground.

A man smiled smugly as he pointed the tattered shuttle out to the warmaster. ?It is just there, Warmaster. That is the Eclipse, the Jedi hide-out.?

The Warmaster?s eyes narrowed. At last, he thought to himself. I will have the jeedai. This galaxy is a gift from the gods. I shall take it. He turned sharply to the Peace Brigader before him. ?You will be rewarded, but not today. Today will be for the slaughtering and sacrificing of the jeedai.? And when the jeedai come to meet, I will be here. Myself and a worldship and several fleets. After this, there will never be another jeedai. The twin sacrifice will at last be done. Those blasted Solo?s cannot fight it.

I have won.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~TJF

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, this looks insteresting. Is this Jaina who's sinking in her X-wing?

Dana

3. Sahiri

Sahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2002
    You started another one!! :D

Sounding good so far...

:D

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    DS: all will be revealed...after 13 or so computer pages

Sahiri: thanks! *laughs* i'm crazy, aren't i?

~TJF

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    oooo, now -this- looks promising...

The suspence is great, you've got a good feel for your character who's crashed, and I love the way you get across her emotions. Very well done!

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    :D thanks JM!

~TJF

7. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    bump^ this is sinking really fast... :(

~TJF

8. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    yeah a new story!

Jez

9. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Those blasted Solo?s cannot fight it.

Heheh [face_laugh] that's great. K, I've gotta ask, is this or is this not going to be a J/J fic? ya know, a really mushy one? please? You have to have one J/J fic going!

~Mandie

10. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    This is an interesting start, post more soon please!

11. JainaJediQueen

JainaJediQueen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Great start TJF!

~*~The Queen~*~

12. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    great beginning tjf!

~Inyri

13. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    YEAH TJF!!!!

Great beginning! Can't wait for more!

~Rogue

14. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Hi, TJF! :)

I'm marking this so I don't lose it and can come back and read it when I have more time!

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jez: :)

starkrusher: where's that quote from ?[face_plain] and i can't answer any real questions for a bit...it gives away at some of the story. however, i'll say this: DAD is the first in a trilogy and this fic isn't j/j.

i know, i'm bad.

Runaway_Shadow, JJQ, Inyri: thanks!

rogue: :D

The_Standmaiden: :)

~TJF

16. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    LOL. So, sorry about that. When, I'm reading a fic and come across a line I really like, I do a [CTRL C] thinginy so I can talk about it later. I guess when I did it, at DAD, it didn't work, so you got the quote from my last [CRTRL C] maneuver. Not really sure where that is from. Kinda look anywhere but the moniter while I am typing. What I meant to quote was...

Those blasted Solo?s cannot fight it. 'cause I thought that was pretty darn funny. Those blasted Solos are at it again and the stupid Vong can't beat them.

Anyway, sorry about that, I feel rather stupid. It is a great start though.

~Mandie

17. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    COOOOLLLL!

18. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
  19. Jedi_Strike

Jedi_Strike Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2001
    Great start! Post more soon! :)

20. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hmm. One possible explanation for this not being J/J is because the woman isn't Jaina. Another is that it's a K/J. I personally vote for the latter, but that's me. :D But this is interesting enough I'll keep reading even if it isn't.

Dana

21. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    What if it's not even Jaina who's on he ground?

TJF! Where's the next one? :p

22. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    hey TJF, that was good. funny and good. keep it going! i want more!!!!

23. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Dana: Knowing TJF, I'd say definitely not the latter! [face_laugh] Too bad though, she'd write it really well.

EDIT: But you never know .. . ;)

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    MG I didn't know you started another story! This is GREAT!!!!!

Love NYC

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    starkrusher: ok...and um, in response to your:

Those blasted Solos are at it again and the stupid Vong can't beat them.

um...all i'm gonna say is this: :_| :_| :_| :_| and maybe i should change the title to PSYCHO ANGST this is in NO way happy :_|

Rogue11JS, karebear214, Jedi_Strike: :)

DantanaSkywalker: lol...it's not k/j, that's for sure...and you're right, the woman might not be jaina...you'll have to figure it out for yourself, either that or wait until i start using names ;)

But this is interesting enough I'll keep reading even if it isn't.

you sure?

JM: that is a possibility, now isn't it...and the next post is...um...right after i finish these replies

Master_Jaina1011: funny? thanks...hold onto your laughter...it'll get you through...

The_Standmaiden: you know me well...but who knows? i get the weirdest plot bunnies...if i feel inspired, i'll do anything cuz otherwise i go nuts...

NYC: thanks! :)

Hilra?an Clat sighed and flew into the Eclipse. See? Nothing to have a bad feeling about. Nothing at all. However, his assurances fell short and he moved out of the cockpit slowly, hand on his lightsaber. His ?bad-feeling? intensified when he noticed that every single Jedi that he could see was nervous as well.

Shivering, he followed the others out of the docking bay.

The young woman on Naboo had long since made a shelter and now huddled under it as it began to pour. Geez, you?d think they?d notice I?m missing, she thought. Then, considering how they would contact her?through her comlink, which was at the bottom of the swamp with her X-wing?she decided that it would be better if they didn?t. They?d think I was dead. Not good.

As she began snacking on her rations bar she became overwhelmed by a Force-warning. Danger! it screeched. She smacked her hands over her ears as if it could block the mental screech. It wasn?t for her, she recognized immediately, but for people close to her. She shivered as dread?s icy fingers clutched at her throat, more and more tightly as it climaxed. And then her head began to explode as it began.

yes, it's short, and yes, it's a cliffie. but i don't have enough tissues in stock right now to post anymore.

just a "subtle" warning.

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.