main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phoenix: Die Another Day (NJO AU, drama, OCs, some K/J) -- COMPLETE May 24, 2004!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

E!

So what was that? Is Jaina actually captive or seeing a vision?
    Maybe I'm just dumb, I dunno.

So, Tiran actually found his like for Jaina?
    Very cool.
    Although all this worry from Garik and Tiran is kinda annoying. I mean, come on, she's only gone somewhere.
    Unless she really is a captive, if that wasn't a vision, which I don't know yet! :D Ha ha!

Intriguing posts!

~*~*~

2. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    So what was that? Is Jaina actually captive or seeing a vision?

Um...Jaina is very much a captive. The flashbacks are background information on Rialom, not a vision. She has no idea what happened to bring everything to this point.

So, Tiran actually found his like for Jaina?

Well, his respect, anyway :p

Although all this worry from Garik and Tiran is kinda annoying. I mean, come on, she's only gone somewhere.

Well, see, I think it would be kind of unrealistic if there wasn't freaking out when Jaina disappeared at the same time that it became known that a madman was out to get her. If you knew there was a fire jumping from house to house in your neighmourhood, wouldn't you be worried?

Writing update - one chapter and the epilogue to go! Posts will go up as soon as the majority of you show up ;)

~TJF

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OOh intriguing post, Molair, Tiran's brother! Very interesitng...wonder what Jaina sees...

YOu musteth posteth more soon! :D

4. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    OOh intriguing post, Molair, Tiran's brother! Very interesitng...

you have no idea [face_mischief] Except, now, you probably do... :p

YOu musteth posteth more soon!

very soon :D

~TJF

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Sorry it took me so long to update, but I have good news: I'm finished 'Die Another Day'. Unbelievable, isn't it? I just have to put up the next 4 posts (including this one) and then....*faints* Well, then I have to decide how quickly I'm going to start posting "Heart of a Jedi". Ayiiie....

Until then, however, there's a new chapter :D

-----------

the sections in italics are in the PAST - Rialom's past, to be more specific. They're not visions ;)

-----------

The courtyard looked like an expensive diner if you ignored that the side opposite Jaina revealed a pool of something that looked very much like toxic waste. Everything was decorated in an almost suspiciously tasteful way, and the lighting would have sent interior decorators into spasms. But that wasn?t what caught Jaina?s attention.

She took a step back and stood on tip-toe, trying to somehow change the image in her eyes. Instead, her new position only confirmed it: the clay floor was shaped to create a collage of scenes including Jedi ? the Solo/Skywalker family, in particular.

What the sith?

She had a bad feeling about this.

?Do you like it?? The voice almost squeaked hopefully. ?Isn?t it beautiful??

Her feet turned to jelly again, and Jaina had to fight to stay standing. ?Who the hell are you?? she demanded, eyes flashing around the courtyard, trying to find the voice?s owner.

Out of the shadows, something crawled. At first she thought it was a beast, and then a crippled alien or human. When he came into the light, however, she realized that it was a man: a perfectly healthy, uncrippled man that, for some reason or another, insisted on staying crouched to the ground.

When he looked up, she realized that this must be Rialom.

?Master Solo?? the man ? Rialom ? whispered.

?You need serious help, you know that?? Maybe insulting a psychopath wasn?t the smartest thing to do, but Jaina had the poison in her brain as an excuse.

Surprising her, Rialom nodded vigorously to her rhetorical question as he stood hesitantly. ?Will you help me?? His eyes were glowing. ?Master, will you train me, Master?? Up and up his voice went, until he was almost wailing.

A dizzy spell ? perhaps encouraged by Rialom ? had sent Jaina to the ground. Her gaze, which was becoming slightly erratic, narrowed at Rialom?s words. ?Check yourself into a hospital, but don?t expect me to train you.? Rialom?s eyes were wide with shock, and she continued. ?I?d rather there be no Jedi than a large number of them, and one unable to cope.?

Rialom?s face became savage, and Jaina was sent flying in the air. ?You?ll die if you don?t help me!? he snarled.

She bounced when she landed on the cloth sun-shield that hung over a door, and all the air squeezed out of her lungs. Desperate, she tried to bring the Force to bear, but it was still blocked from her. Was it from the poison or the planet? As she clung to the roof, she decided it really didn?t matter.

?You must train me!? Rialom shrieked, panicked.

Never.

?You?ll die!? Rialom keened warningly, his voice becoming only slightly more confident. ?I mixed the chemicals myself! No doctor will know the cure!?

I have very little to lose, Rialom. If it comes to that, I?ve fought for this galaxy long enough.

Rialom?s only response was to send her tumbling to the ground.

~*~*~

A man, dark, powerful, appeared by her side. Torture waited in his eyes; death laughed in his stride. The two of them ? the woman with fangs and the death-lover ? watched him with glaring, intense eyes.

And then his mind and body were torn apart and sent flying every which way.

Only his soul and scraps of his flesh remained. With sadistic glee, the woman recreated him, twisted him, until nothing remained but a shell.

~*~*~

Molair wasn?t there to greet him, and Tiran momentarily felt as if he had been hit between the eyes. Had Molair been delayed by Rialom? Worse, had Tiran?had he imagined it all? Tiran had hoped he was past t

6. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    NO! YOu can't stop it there! That was exciting at the end ther...but then the cliffhanger. Curse you! Write more!

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Alright...I think it's time to lay down some ground rules.

1. Under no circumstances are you allowed to leave us with evil cliffhangers like that!

2. Refer back to Number One

3. Refer back to Numbers One and Two

[face_mischief] 8-}

Awesome post, TJF! I could have done without a cliffhanger, but... [face_plain] That seems to be your forte (or is it forté? :confused: )

Poor Jaina :(

Garik [face_laugh] I think he's one of my favorite characters in your story, if only because I almost always laugh when he's on the scene :D

Great job!

~LtJS

8. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    I agree with the ground rules ;)

Excellent work though, dang, Rialom IS psychotic! Ack! I'd hate to see him as trained Jedi.

Can't wait for more :)

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Suzuki: Oh but I can.....mostly because I know that the next post is ready :p ;) :D

Lt: 1. Under no circumstances are you allowed to leave us with evil cliffhangers like that!

*halo*

I could have done without a cliffhanger, but... That seems to be your forte (or is it forté? )

I'll take that as a compliment ;) and I believe it is "forté", even though the French isn't really correct, lol

Garik. I think he's one of my favourite characters in your story, if only because I almost always laugh when he's on the scene

Isn't he awesome? :p [face_mischief] This story needs some comic relief; in HoaJ, he gets a little help, though ;)

luny: alright, so everyone seems to be agreed upon 'no more cliffies'....lol. Thanks! I'm starting to feel sorry for Rialom though--just a little.

...............soooo.......I decided to lessen some of your suspense. Here's the end of Part Three:

------

They thought he was broken, and so they left him alone more. He was too far gone to even wonder at his luck.

When they were away - the woman with fangs and the man death loved - he escaped. The Other couldn't stop him. Oh, how his soul cried with joy! He was free!

Freedom - it made him faster than they could ever hope to be. Until they were gone, he hid with the salamanders that stole the Force. And then?

Oh, then?

He waited.

For the Jedi.

For the one who would save him, train him, end it.

For his master.

~*~*~

"What the-? Molair!" Tiran's head spun and stars danced in front of his eyes, confusing him further. The only thing he was certain of, in fact, was that his older brother, for whatever reason, had just sent him tumbling to the stone ground - and it hurt.

"Stay away from her!" Molair hissed, eyes wild.

With effort, Tiran slowed down his world enough to stand. Why was Molair dressed like that - in rags? How much money had Molair settled for, when he decided to (reluctantly) help Rialom? What had Rialom done to him?

"What's wrong?" the dark-haired Jedi asked impatiently as he brushed himself off. Apparently, his fall had seriously affected his brain, because Tiran did not move to hug his brother like he had thought he would.

For some reason, Tiran's adrenalin was shooting up to levels sky-high, and his lightsaber was ignited and at the ready in his hands.

And for some reason, a second lightsaber - a red lightsaber - snap-hissed to life in Molair's hands.

Tiran went cold.

"You're not taking my master," Rialom growled, then attacked.

~*~*~

Everything was going so?slowly. It took Jaina hours to sit up and make her eyes properly see the ropes around her feet. The binding was loose, but the distant lightsabers crackled a thousand times before she managed to free her ankles.

The use of so much effort had tired her, and she leaned back, only to put too much pressure on a rip in the fabric. With a cry that was more of a moan, Jaina plummeted to the ground.

~*~*~

Molair never meant to kill him. But he had so little already - why did the little thief have to try to steal his warmth, too?

He was tired. Hopeless. Hungry. Thirsty.

The thief would never steal again, and Molair found enough to buy a meal.

But it cost him. Oh, did it ever.

The
    blood. It reminded him. Reminded him of them. Of the things they did, of the torture they put him through.

His vision, his sanity, which had been recovering, turned backwards again. Spelling his name out on the dust didn't work as a calming technique anymore. "Molair" became "Airmol", then "Riamol", then "Rialom".

His old name - backwards. It fit so well. He was pleased with the name. With his cleverness.

He was Rialom.

~*~*~

Breathing was an important part of being able to fight, but Tiran couldn't make his lungs work properly. Around him, everything blurred surreally even though he continued to fight instinctively.

He tried to ignore what was happening, to avoid

10. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    beautiful...and sad. His end was abrupt, and Rialom's change was abrupt too. Was killing himself the antidote, afterall! I can't wait for more. This is a great fic!

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    I unfortunately do not have time to read your post right now, but I am reserving this spot for my review, rest assured...

;)

EDIT: And now the review!

[face_shocked] Wow! Awesome post, TJF! Very powerful, how you captured Tiran's emotions, and the fight scene. Poor Jaina! :( Poor Tiran :_|

I'll take that as a compliment and I believe it is "forté", even though the French isn't really correct, lol
    French, smench. I have too much French in my life. Perhaps that's why I find myself mumbling it in my sleep ;) Je suis desolée. Je deteste l'école, et le lycée. Je ferme le bouche... 8-} (You're welcome by the way :D )

Isn't he awesome? This story needs some comic relief; in HoaJ, he gets a little help, though
    Yes, he is (both awesome and comic relief :D )

~LtJS

12. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Ooh beautiful at the end, and SO sad. I love it...and it SEEMS Jaina's going to be okay, *crosses fingers that there is no need of an antidote*

POST MORE! ;)

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Suzuki: [face_blush] thanks

His end was abrupt, and Rialom's change was abrupt too.

Was it? Hmm...

Was killing himself the antidote, afterall!

No; there was something else going on [face_devil] Re-read the flashbacks to see if you can piece a theory together.

Lt: Thanks :D [face_blush] Poor Tiran indeed; don't worry, he got lots of greasy, comfort food, and in HoaJ, he gets another kind of....comfort. Sort of.

French, smench. I have too much French in my life.

urgh...I can understand that! I'm escaping immersion next year, but I'll always have that extra, Frenchie track in my head... :p

Perhaps that's why I find myself mumbling it in my sleep Je suis desolée. Je deteste l'école, et le lycée. Je ferme le bouche...

De rien. Je suis tres heureux qu'il y a "seulement" 21 jours de plus d'école [face_plain]

luny: thanks :D

and it SEEMS Jaina's going to be okay, *crosses fingers that there is no need of an antidote*

*laughs at the naive readers [face_devil] ;)*

last chapter! :eek: And then hang around for the epilogue, which is fun, if I do say so myself... [face_devil]

----

Part Four: The Path Which Destiny Sets Before You

And did you think this fool could never win
    Well look at me, I'm coming back again
    I got a taste of love in a simple way
    And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away

Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
    Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
    I'm still standing after all this time
    Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
    I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah

- ?I?m Still Standing? by Elton John

---

Feeling completely unreal, Tiran stumbled over to where he had last seen his master. He was too spent to so much as sigh when he found her, twisted in a broken position against the wall. Her chest raised shallowly every now and then, one of the very few evidences of her continued life.

If this was what the Force gave to the lives of Jedi, Tiran wanted nothing to do with it.

Calling her name several times brought no more response than fluttering eyelids or a faint moan, and Tiran?s heart settled somewhere around his toes.

I?m sorry, Garik.

Picking her up carefully, hearing her bones crack and settle everytime she shifted, Tiran sprinted for the ship.

It was Calair all over again.

~*~*~

?She is coming to us,? the Second Said ecstatically. ?She is coming!?

The Third and the Ninth looked up in unison, then turned to regard each other. The Sword was dying? But if she died, then who??

The Third was the first to accept it; he was going to be reunited with his twin! Such connections meant so little now, but nothing could annul the closeness they had once shared.

The Sword appeared vaguely before them, her spirit beginning to cross the barrier between dimensions. ?Where am I?? she murmured sleepily, blinking at the atmosphere and the forms of light before her.

The Fourth took a form familiar to the Sword and stepped forward awkwardly. ?You Live,? she Said.

Jaina squinted, then began to tremble. ?Lusa? Is that you??

The Fourth smiled and opened her arms. ?It is I. We are all here.? The old way of speech was cumbersome to her tongue, but she endured it for her old friend.

? ?We??? Jaina squeaked.

The others stepped forward ? the First and the Third hurrying forth the fastest. ?Jaina, come,? the First begged, beaming brighter for his joy.

Her face became white, but now it was not just because life/Death was fleeing from her body. ?Anakin.?

The First tried to give her a hug ? something he remembered from Before ? but couldn?t quite manage it. ?Yes,? he Said instead.

Her eyes flicked over to the Third. ?And?Jacen??

For some reason, the Third succeeded where the others had failed, and he held her close. ?Welcome, sister.?

~*~*~

Tiran supposed he shouldn?t be piloting so quickly when he was still a green pilot, but he only contin

14. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Beautiful, just beautiful! Great interaction between Jaina and her upstart apprentice...this is a great fic! I can't wait for the next post.

15. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Thanks! [face_blush] The epilogue will be going up soon...either today or tomorrow.

~TJF

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    OOh excellent post, I too love the interaction between Jaina and Tiran. Wilt there be a sequel??? (Gotta see them fall in love, I MEAN um, see Tiran Knighted! ;))

17. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Thanks :D And there will definitely be a sequel, and a sequel to that :p I'm quite aware of some of the holes I've left behind (ie: why Rialom suddenly died, how he became that way, what the Spirits have been rambling about, etc). No, there's still quite a bit to go :p

Jay and Tir? in love? :eek: Well....guess you'll just have to wait and see!

And here it is....at long last....1 year+ after I began "Die Another Day"....

Epilogue:

It was too much ? too much to live through any longer. He couldn?t. So much ? too much. Eventually, everyone had a limit. He had lasted longer than many of the others. Much longer. Maybe he had had something to fight for, but who knew what that was? Who knew if he was even in his sane mind, anymore?

I?m sorry, he thought, but he didn?t know who he was talking to. He never did.

His defiance streamed from him as his blood had, and the fight began to leave him. But then ?

Pain. Terror. It screamed in his mind, but not from him. Not from him! He flailed, held on for just a moment longer. He had to know. Was this what he had waited for? Was this why he fought?

Millimetre by painful millimetre, he stretched out and grabbed where he had once felt the Force. So little reached him, but it was enough?he hoped. He didn?t know much of anything, anymore.

Let it be enough.

The beast that held him stretched, pulled, tried to drag the last remnants of his life from him. You are all mine, it seemed to say.

Not yet, an old part of him chided, surprising even himself. Not yet. His grasp of the Force was clumsy and painstaking, but he found it: the life whose emotions he had felt. He didn?t have time to stop, to sift, to see if he remembered anything. All he could do was let the life?s distress pull him forward, close to it.

Close to her?

Brown eyes. Rushing water. ?You can be my?anytime.? ?Isn?t it?turn to???

You can be my what? Isn?t it what?

The memories distracted him, and the beast began to tear him apart in earnest.

I?m so sorry. All he could give was one last caress, one last touch, and even that confused him. Who knew what it meant? Who knew what it had once meant ? to him, to her?

The beast pulled his spirit back into his body, where it tore, ripped, ate. It liked flesh, but the Others controlled it so he could always recover ? within reason. You?re mine.

For the first time, in a very, very long time Zekk felt his lips struggle?shake?and form a weak smile. It came to him, then ? her name. Her name. For a second, he remembered.

Goodbye, Jaina. His final words before he let go.

And so it began.

[face_dancing] So, how did you like my last, little shocker? [face_devil]

-Trickster_Jaina_Fel @};-

18. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Alright, this isn't exactly a social thread, so I thought I'd put my thanks up before anyone else comes and disappears.

Thank you to everyone who read and reviewed "Die Another Day":

DantanaSkywalker, Sahiri, Jade_Max, Jez_3-12159265358979, starkrusher, Runaway_Shadow, JediJainaQueen, InyriForge, rogue11lovesjag, The_Standmaiden, Rogue11JS, karebear214, Jedi_Strike, Master_Jaina1011, NYCitygurl, Kyp_side_of_TheForce, Lt_Jaina_Solo, padawanlunetta, Hail_Jaina, Jedi_Liz, jade_stone, Jedida, Elissa_R, Saber-of-Light, Mapprentice, y2 (Anakins_Padme, Lady_Amourelle, Mara_Jade_FSS, etc), Agent_Jaid, Jaina_Fel_06, JainaJag00, padme-96, Jaina_Rocks160, _3MD_PsychoSniper, Suzuki_Akira

Special Thanks:

Megan (my sister): for being the first person to read this...and then laughing when Luke died :p [face_laugh] It wasn't the reaction I expected, but at least I was a little less serious about it ;)

Lt_Jaina_Solo - for beta-ing this fic for so long. I may have posted RotJ first, but DAD is the first fanfic I actually wrote (well, with posting in mind), and I definitely needed the moral support. Thank you! [face_love]

Kyp_Side, Jaid, 06 - Whoo-y. Where to start? The obsession (whether it be about the OC's, Kyp, Zekk or Lara/Nycith), the RC Male OC Corps (06), the Goddess nickname, enthusiasm...well, you get the idea. Come back soon [face_praying] [:D]

y2 - for listening to me babble about my characters, and for helping me with Gabri and Arelyk ;)

padawanlunetta - with the exception of Lt, who was my beta, you stuck around the longest. Thank you so much :D Seriously, it did wonders for my faltering ego :p

Sequel Notice:

Die Another Day's sequel, "Heart of a Jedi", should be up by October, at the very, very latest; late June (post-school) at the earliest. I've already started on it, but knowing how I get attacked by DWB when I start a story, I thought I better not get my hopes up. You can look for HoaJ on the Beyond the Saga board, but if you want me to PM you when I start posting, let me know in your review! [face_love]

~TJF

19. Suzuki_Akira

May 13, 2003
    Wh...wha...WHAT HAPPENED?! NOOOOOOO!!!! This book was great...how about you post the next fic next week? 8-}

20. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hey no problem for sticking around, it was a very good story. :)

And it FIGURES your epilogue would be a cliffie, what am I to do with authors like you??? ;)

Guess it's off to the sequel with me!

21. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Suzuki: [face_laugh] Sorry...I couldn't resist that ending ;) At first, though, you didn't even get a name. At least I let you guys know who was out there! [face_mischief]

Lol....I'd post HoaJ if I could, but my beginnings are always really slow :p

luny: thanks [face_blush] :D

And it FIGURES your epilogue would be a cliffie, what am I to do with authors like you???

Give us reviews and chocolate :D O:) :p

See you there :)

~TJF

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Wow [face_shocked] It's over? :( :_|

What a fantastic (and typical you) way to end this! I suppose you just took my hint to the opposite extreme than what I wanted ;)

Lt_Jaina_Solo - for beta-ing this fic for so long. I may have posted RotJ first, but DAD is the first fanfic I actually wrote (well, with posting in mind), and I definitely needed the moral support. Thank you!
    It was no problem- you had me hooked! :D Always glad to give moral support [face_love]

I'm looking forward to HoaJ (Could I possibly have a PM when you start posting? :p )

Again, wonderful way to end! *hugs*

~LtJS

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Wow [face_shocked] It's over?

yep....unbelievably so [face_numb]

What a fantastic (and typical you) way to end this! I suppose you just took my hint to the opposite extreme than what I wanted

[face_laugh] why, thank you darling [face_devil] But what else did you expect? [face_mischief]

I'm looking forward to HoaJ (Could I possibly have a PM when you start posting? )

no problem :)

~TJF

24. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*wails hopelessly*

ZEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! :_| :_| :_|

GODDESS!!!

ZEKK!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's.... He's.... HE'S DEAD!!! :_| :_|

*lip quivers*

You... You.... You killed him.... :_|

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Did I? Are you sure? Absolutely, positively sure? Did I *say* he died? Hmm....such questions we must ponder...

Other than the epilogue, what did you think? :D

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.